• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 kcmc20

kcmc20

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 06:09 PM

I can't get my rear speakers to work. When I test them through windows configuration there is sound. When tested with creative's console the rear speaker sound comes out of the front as does anytime I play a music or video file. Anyone got this to work?

#2 Som

Som

Som

• 448 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 12:03 AM

What Operating System are you using?

If its vista have u alchemy installed.

Also I think most Media Players don't support surround sound music. In the realtek control panel there is a speaker fill option that puts the sound to all the speakers

#3 kcmc20

kcmc20

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 11:09 AM

Also I think most Media Players don't support surround sound music. In the realtek control panel there is a speaker fill option that puts the sound to all the speakers

I'm using windows 7. I hear no rear sound with any media player I try. Everything worked with Vista. When I play music under vista with media monkey I get rear sound. Not under windows 7. I have tried all settings I can think of.

#4 Syzygy

Syzygy

Zing.

• 3,470 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 11:35 AM

I'm using windows 7. I hear no rear sound with any media player I try. Everything worked with Vista. When I play music under vista with media monkey I get rear sound. Not under windows 7. I have tried all settings I can think of.

You got the right pre-release drivers for Windows 7? for your sound card?

#5 kcmc20

kcmc20

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 12:50 PM

Well, the list for pre-release windows 7 drivers is so long it was hard to sift through all of them to find them (sarcasm). I used the latest ones, I used the original ones, I used the beta drivers, I installed them in compatibility mode, I installed them with admin privileges, and I even tried the on board sound (Intel 975 xbx2). All with the same result. No sound in rear speakers. Like I said they work under XP and Vista. I was just wondering if anyone else got true 5.1 surround sound to work with any creative sound card? If so how? What steps were taken?

#6 InlineSkate

InlineSkate

WinMatrix Addict

• 3,182 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 02:07 PM

Do you have Windows 7 set for a surround sound system?

Under speaker settings?

#7 kcmc20

kcmc20

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 02:16 PM

Do you have Windows 7 set for a surround sound system?

Under speaker settings?

Yes I do. As a matter of fact when tested with the windows speaker settings I got sound out of the rear speakers but during playback and in the creative sound console there is no rear sound.

#8 kcmc20

kcmc20

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 01:08 PM

Anyone? help

#9 61

My First Post!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 07:36 PM

I borrow the thread if it's ok =) I have Windows 7 and Creative Sound Blaster X-fi, when I try to install the creative SB X-Fi series driver, it comes an error that says "Your version of Windows System is not supported by this product. Please upgrade to Windows XP or later version before resuming installation."
The driver working in Vista and it's downloaded from: http://se.europe.cre...port/downloads/
Can anyone please help me, please:)

Btw, kcmc20, where and wich sort of driver did u download u're driver?

edit: The problem solved:) (Right click on the sound driver > Properties > tab "Compatibility" > check the box "Run this program in compatilibity", and choose "Windows Vista RTM".

Edited by 61, 03 December 2008 - 08:07 PM.

#10 kcmc20

kcmc20

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 05:44 PM

I borrow the thread if it's ok =) I have Windows 7 and Creative Sound Blaster X-fi, when I try to install the creative SB X-Fi series driver, it comes an error that says "Your version of Windows System is not supported by this product. Please upgrade to Windows XP or later version before resuming installation."
The driver working in Vista and it's downloaded from: http://se.europe.cre...port/downloads/
Can anyone please help me, please:)

Btw, kcmc20, where and wich sort of driver did u download u're driver?

edit: The problem solved:) (Right click on the sound driver > Properties > tab "Compatibility" > check the box "Run this program in compatibility", and choose "Windows Vista RTM".

61, I used all the drivers I could find. Original disc, latest, and beta drivers. And I installed them the way you did. By the way if you use the original driver disc (for vista) it will install without the compatibility mode.
Are you using stereo or 5.1 and how is it working out for you?

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!