Photo
- - - - -

Finally we get it - But the questions..?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 CommonSense

CommonSense

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,620 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 03:21 AM

Unfortunately I don't have the money that I would need to purchase these things. Why put a price on things when they are so easy to get for free?

Because you're not supposed to "get them for free". You're supposed to fork over your hard-earned cash for your favorite apps like everyone else.

(I wouldn't be surprised if [insert Democratic Presidential Nominee here] goes after you pirates when he is elected tonight.)

What the f**k? Get the politics out of here. I've been watching this election since I got home from school (once the polls closed at 7pm). Yeah [insert Democratic Presidential Nominee here] will win. It's over, he got Ohio.

Anyway, the government has been trying to crack down on piracy for a long time. Obama (or any President for that matter) can't change one thing through one term or two. It is near impossible to stop piracy. Want to know why? Too many people do it. It's like drugs. They try and stop drug deals, but then another one pops up behind them. And there is no "legal" way to get the exact address and name of a person through an IP (that I know of).

I understand that you should spend your cash on applications (hard earned for hard earned). I agree totally. But it's out there, and it will happen.

Let's get back to the subject at hand now. In case you forgot:

Now, maybe we can get some opinions. What do you think Windows 7 is going to do to not have to have us users have to turn off all extra eye-candy such as Aero for gaming?

We can get a debate going on :whistle:

Edited by CommonSense, 05 November 2008 - 03:27 AM.

#22 InlineSkate

InlineSkate

WinMatrix Addict

• 3,182 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 03:40 AM

Aw, shutup. You guys are the reason for those annoying updates like anti-piracy and all. Jeez, can't you just act legally?

Anyway, so far, Windows 7 is stable on the laptop, even my Vista drivers install like a charm on here. I'm happy :lol:

Now, maybe we can get some opinions. What do you think Windows 7 is going to do to not have to have us users have to turn off all extra eye-candy such as Aero for gaming?

Windows Vista Sp1 already did that I believed

#23 Rahvi99

Rahvi99

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 07:21 AM

What I'm wondering is if there will be drivers like such for me on a different Dell laptop, or if not, where I could get those?

I'm running 7 on my Vostro 1200 Notebook as the primary OS.

Runs like a charm.. most features are activated by default by 7 when installing, the only DELL drivers I needed to install was the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth Switcher tool and the Fingerprint Reader software.

7 is fully loaded with Activation, No desktop watermark, SuperBar enabled....

All DELL features working perfectly and in Device Manager, all installed perfectly.

This is the most STABLE ALPHA I have ever used.

:whistle:

#24 Mheltin

Mheltin

Active WinMatrixian

• 491 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 07:29 AM

What I'm wondering is if there will be drivers like such for me on a different Dell laptop, or if not, where I could get those?

I'm running 7 on my Vostro 1200 Notebook as the primary OS.

Runs like a charm.. most features are activated by default by 7 when installing, the only DELL drivers I needed to install was the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth Switcher tool and the Fingerprint Reader software.

7 is fully loaded with Activation, No desktop watermark, SuperBar enabled....

All DELL features working perfectly and in Device Manager, all installed perfectly.

This is the most STABLE ALPHA I have ever used.

Activated?

#25 Rahvi99

Rahvi99

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 07:51 AM

Activated?

Yep!! :woot:

_http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/9813/win7ih2.jpg

_http://img60.imageshack.us/img60/6945/p1010382oi2.jpg

#26 endrit10

endrit10

N9 Shanktown

• Members
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 07:52 AM

Aw, shutup. You guys are the reason for those annoying updates like anti-piracy and all. Jeez, can't you just act legally?

No I won't shut up. Freedom of Speech much? If you buy it as you say, then you shouldn't have problems with 'updates like anti-piracy' anyway. Can't I just act legally and spend money I don't have? Or get it for free with absolutely no consequences and all the benefits?

ITS REALLY A TOUGH TONE

Edited by endrit10, 05 November 2008 - 07:52 AM.

#27 Mheltin

Mheltin

Active WinMatrixian

• 491 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 08:00 AM

Yep!! :woot:

_http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/9813/win7ih2.jpg

_http://img60.imageshack.us/img60/6945/p1010382oi2.jpg
[/quote]
i Activate mine too, but try run Winver. :blink:

#28 Rahvi99

Rahvi99

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 08:28 AM

i Activate mine too, but try run Winver. :blink:

Thats normal behaviour.. exyends the 30day trial with nags, to activated only until July 2009.

That's because MS know there will be a couple of newer builds available between now and July next year, therefore you dont need this to go past 2009 :)

#29 coldemone

coldemone

Sleeping Winmatrixian

• 2,029 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 09:43 AM

The problem with piracy is

everything's a hassle. If everything cost money, and OS costs money though you can get it for free, why buy? People go for the benefits and since you can run through the internet without anyone knowing, damn, who wouldn't pirate?

musics have other kinds of problems though...

#30 Airflow

Airflow

wolfriA

• 796 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 03:38 AM

Anyway, so far, Windows 7 is stable on the laptop, even my Vista drivers install like a charm on here. I'm happy :lol:

First off, I need to lulz at your first comment. :lol:

Second, sweet I was right :D

Third, that's a hard argument. Mostly because of the requirements for games and the OS. If it had an automatic switch from Aero to Classic and back to Aero (you don't need it while playing right?), then it could be kept. Otherwise, I have no idea. I don't know much about programming, but I know a good amount about computers. But that's what I would do. Make the OS do the work, as the user only double-clicks your shortcut. What would you do TaeX?

I would hope that Microsoft does do that, having like a shortcut to a small .exe or batch file which optimizes Windows 7 for the best gaming experience possible. It would make all of the gamers much happier.

#31 lazor

lazor

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 04:13 AM

Vista already turns off Aero when a full screen application is running.

#32 endrit10

endrit10

N9 Shanktown

• Members
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 08:00 AM

They should just turn off Explorer.exe all together

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!