Photo
- - - - -

Finally we get it - But the questions..?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Airflow

Airflow

wolfriA

• 796 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 02:41 AM

Alright, I finally received my copy of Windows 7, and it is running stable. I do have a question though, and that is if I can use Windows 7 as a primary operating system, compatibility wise such as gaming or regular work?

Windows 7 is a great operating system in progress, and it looks great. I have to question the compatibility though, because I don't know if my programs are compatible with Windows 7. Hopefully I can get a quick response. ;) Thanks.

#2 pm_41

pm_41

CS student

• 1,394 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 02:46 AM

I wouldn't if I were you...Just because it has mostly Vista's coding right now doesn't mean that you should go around installing stuff. The next update could disable all your games.

I would dual-boot or run Windows 7 in Virtual PC.

#3 CommonSense

CommonSense

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,620 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 02:47 AM

Where did you get it?

But not all Vista applications work on 7. Someone said that on another topic.

I want to get my hands on it :(

#4 Airflow

Airflow

wolfriA

• 796 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 02:51 AM

Our company works under the coat of Microsoft, we work on some voice technology, along with some simple graphics with them, but because of the contributions that we did for voice technology in Windows Vista, they allowed us to have free copies of Windows 7. Don't ask me to leak it because 1. It's not permitted and 2. I no naughty man to gives my job up haha

#5 CommonSense

CommonSense

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,620 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 03:42 AM

I wasn't gonna ask :whistle:

I thought you got a leak haha

#6 RickSOLET

RickSOLET

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,793 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 08:57 AM

Do you have the build 6801 from PDC or 6933 in which the new taskbar is already enabled?

#7 kyosan

kyosan

Active WinMatrixian

• 770 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 10:28 AM

Do you have the build 6801 from PDC or 6933 in which the new taskbar is already enabled?

Go to thepiratebay

#8 henrydtv

henrydtv

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,111 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 11:04 AM

Alright, I finally received my copy of Windows 7, and it is running stable. I do have a question though, and that is if I can use Windows 7 as a primary operating system, compatibility wise such as gaming or regular work?

Windows 7 is a great operating system in progress, and it looks great. I have to question the compatibility though, because I don't know if my programs are compatible with Windows 7. Hopefully I can get a quick response. ;) Thanks.

how did you get it?

#9 Syzygy

Syzygy

Zing.

• 3,470 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 11:20 AM

how did you get it?

Warez Forums. or Torrents.

You Heard NOTHING

#10 Airflow

Airflow

wolfriA

• 796 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 10:18 PM

Nah, I went to the PDC with my boss and CEO, we received our free copies from that. Again, I didn't get it from a leak, I don't do that kind of stuff =)

Anyway, now a question from me, I had been running it on a computer which had certain requirements as of drivers for Windows 7. What I'm wondering is if there will be drivers like such for me on a different Dell laptop, or if not, where I could get those?

#11 CommonSense

CommonSense

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,620 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 10:30 PM

Nah, I went to the PDC with my boss and CEO, we received our free copies from that. Again, I didn't get it from a leak, I don't do that kind of stuff =)

Anyway, now a question from me, I had been running it on a computer which had certain requirements as of drivers for Windows 7. What I'm wondering is if there will be drivers like such for me on a different Dell laptop, or if not, where I could get those?

I'm just gonna throw this out there...

You're one of the few that have a copy of Windows 7 on this forum. I'm sure you could contact MS because it is a legit copy. I'm pretty sure, however, that if that laptop can run Vista, it should be able to run 7. I'm not 100% sure though. Those are just some guesses.

#12 Diabolikal Rapture

Diabolikal Rapture

New WinMatrixian

• 23 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 11:02 PM

It's not hard to get the leaked copy of Windows 7. Not sure if this is allowed though, message me if you want the link. If not I apologize. Please remove my post and I won't do it again.

#13 Airflow

Airflow

wolfriA

• 796 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 11:07 PM

Thanks for your help, and yes, it's not hard to get a copy of Windows 7, you're most likely qualified after a piracy check and/or an interview for beta testing.

#14 Diabolikal Rapture

Diabolikal Rapture

New WinMatrixian

• 23 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 11:14 PM

I meant the piracy method. Lmao. But like I said, not sure if that's allowed here.

Edited by Diabolikal Rapture, 04 November 2008 - 11:14 PM.

#15 CommonSense

CommonSense

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,620 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 11:20 PM

I meant the piracy method. Lmao. But like I said, not sure if that's allowed here.

:lol:

Well references to piracy is fine I guess... But actual posting links isn't.

Edited by CommonSense, 04 November 2008 - 11:22 PM.

#16 endrit10

endrit10

N9 Shanktown

• Members
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 11:21 PM

Heres a riddle.
uTorrent + ISOhunt = Windows 7

#17 Airflow

Airflow

wolfriA

• 796 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:14 AM

Aw, shutup. You guys are the reason for those annoying updates like anti-piracy and all. Jeez, can't you just act legally?

Anyway, so far, Windows 7 is stable on the laptop, even my Vista drivers install like a charm on here. I'm happy :lol:

Now, maybe we can get some opinions. What do you think Windows 7 is going to do to not have to have us users have to turn off all extra eye-candy such as Aero for gaming?

We can get a debate going on :whistle:

#18 CommonSense

CommonSense

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,620 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:48 AM

Aw, shutup. You guys are the reason for those annoying updates like anti-piracy and all. Jeez, can't you just act legally?

Anyway, so far, Windows 7 is stable on the laptop, even my Vista drivers install like a charm on here. I'm happy :lol:

Now, maybe we can get some opinions. What do you think Windows 7 is going to do to not have to have us users have to turn off all extra eye-candy such as Aero for gaming?

We can get a debate going on :whistle:

First off, I need to lulz at your first comment. :lol:

Second, sweet I was right :D

Third, that's a hard argument. Mostly because of the requirements for games and the OS. If it had an automatic switch from Aero to Classic and back to Aero (you don't need it while playing right?), then it could be kept. Otherwise, I have no idea. I don't know much about programming, but I know a good amount about computers. But that's what I would do. Make the OS do the work, as the user only double-clicks your shortcut. What would you do TaeX?

#19 Diabolikal Rapture

Diabolikal Rapture

New WinMatrixian

• 23 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:51 AM

Unfortunately I don't have the money that I would need to purchase these things. Why put a price on things when they are so easy to get for free?

#20 pm_41

pm_41

CS student

• 1,394 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 03:08 AM

Unfortunately I don't have the money that I would need to purchase these things. Why put a price on things when they are so easy to get for free?

Because you're not supposed to "get them for free". You're supposed to fork over your hard-earned cash for your favorite apps like everyone else.

(I wouldn't be surprised if [insert Democratic Presidential Nominee here] goes after you pirates when he is elected tonight.)

Edited by winlover_41, 05 November 2008 - 03:08 AM.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!