• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 Lord Devrexster

Lord Devrexster

Hardcore Winmatrixcian

• 999 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 12:20 PM

Hi all,
I was wondering does anyone know where the settings file is located?
I have the problem of not being able to go into preferences in on my laptop. The preferences panel crashes before it shows up.

Strangely enough, the preferences panel works like a treat on my desktop. So I want to know where the settings file is located so I can just copy and paste it over to my laptop.

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Wingk

U need to go into command prompt and cd to the folder where u r keeping DExposE2 and the launch

"DexposE2.exe -settings"

that is , with the command line "settings". Thats it ;)

#22 wingkei

wingkei

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 12:25 PM

U need to go into command prompt and cd to the folder where u r keeping DExposE2 and the launch

"DexposE2.exe -settings"

Thanks for the prompt reply but unfortunately doing so returns a message saying: "Invalid Command Line"

EDIT: i tried adding the command to a shortcut too but it resulted with the same message :(

Edited by wingkei, 28 December 2008 - 12:26 PM.

#23 Lord Devrexster

Lord Devrexster

Hardcore Winmatrixcian

• 999 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 12:34 PM

"DexposE2.exe -settings"

Thanks for the prompt reply but unfortunately doing so returns a message saying: "Invalid Command Line"

EDIT: i tried adding the command to a shortcut too but it resulted with the same message :(

Ok one thing u can do is ..... copy the settings from ur desktop. Go into registry editor and export
"HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/DExposE2" the whole key and merge the .reg file on ur laptop.

If this doesnt work then .....mmm..... I dont know :unsure:

#24 wingkei

wingkei

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 12:53 PM

Ok one thing u can do is ..... copy the settings from ur desktop. Go into registry editor and export
"HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/DExposE2" the whole key and merge the .reg file on ur laptop.

If this doesnt work then .....mmm..... I dont know :unsure:

Thanks for the suggestion.
I was just doing that before and was about to report back when I saw your post ;)

It works like a charm =)
Although it'd be great if the issue can be fixed, but I can live without it for now.
It's amazing how fast your program is. I've tried many expose clones and yours is by far the best.

Thanks so much for keeping this gem freeware.

#25 Eye Pie Rate

Eye Pie Rate

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,180 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 12:59 PM

Can someone explain to me what this does?
I don't get it, does it put windows side by side?

If so, I don't see how it is humanely possible for that to be better than this (no offense intended) :
Posted Image

Edited by Eye Pie Rate, 28 December 2008 - 01:04 PM.

#26 wingkei

wingkei

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 02:28 PM

Can someone explain to me what this does?
I don't get it, does it put windows side by side?

If so, I don't see how it is humanely possible for that to be better than this (no offense intended) :

here we go again lol
Anyway, your basically comparing expose to flip3D

To me, and many others, the only thing good about flip3D is it's cool factor.
It does not fulfill it's intended role as well as expose.

The main problem with flip3D is that all the previewed windows are tiled after one another which covers up certain parts of each tile. On top of that, you need to scroll through (much like the alt-tab concept) the tiles in order to have focus on a tile fully. Ofcourse you could just click on another tile in the back, but it's still covered up and not in full focus.

Expose however, gives the same treatment to every opened window. You can see all of them at the same level and with a matter of a single click get to where you want.

It's much more effective.

Now back to the topic,

Reporting back, I think I've found a bug.
The programs seems to sometimes randomly create previews of the whole desktop as a tile while exposing.
I will provide a preview image later as my internet is capped right now.
It's very random though so I have no idea what might be triggering it.

EDIT:
sometimes "refreshing" Dexpose2 gets rid of the problem. But not always. Weird.

Edited by wingkei, 28 December 2008 - 02:31 PM.

#27 Lord Devrexster

Lord Devrexster

Hardcore Winmatrixcian

• 999 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 03:45 PM

Reporting back, I think I've found a bug.
The programs seems to sometimes randomly create previews of the whole desktop as a tile while exposing.
I will provide a preview image later as my internet is capped right now.
It's very random though so I have no idea what might be triggering it.

EDIT:
sometimes "refreshing" Dexpose2 gets rid of the problem. But not always. Weird.

Ya that sometimes happens when the desktop has focus. U can exclude explorer.exe if this problem is too bad for u.

Oh and thanks for liking DExposE2 :)

#28 wingkei

wingkei

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 04:37 PM

Ya that sometimes happens when the desktop has focus. U can exclude explorer.exe if this problem is too bad for u.

Oh and thanks for liking DExposE2 :)

Hmm, excluding explorer.exe doesn't seem to fix it. It only excludes windows such as "my computer", "my documents" etc.

I should be more specific about it. It previews the whole screen and not just the desktop. Like it takes a screenshot.

#29 Eye Pie Rate

Eye Pie Rate

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,180 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 04:58 PM

You guys do realize that you don't need any program to do that right, its built into windows.
Posted Image

Admin: Add thumbnail next time.

Edited by Jatin, 28 December 2008 - 06:40 PM.

#30 Lord Devrexster

Lord Devrexster

Hardcore Winmatrixcian

• 999 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 06:04 PM

You guys do realize that you don't need any program to do that right, its built into windows.

DExposE2 is an ExposE clone. U know what expose is ?? Do take the trouble of googling ok istead of spamming the thread with images that take a lifetime to load on dialup.

#31 wingkei

wingkei

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 06:25 PM

I agree, please don't spam threads with useless images.
Even if you must, put up a link or an imageshack thumbnail or at least resize/save it in jpeg.

Anyhow, if you enjoy the cool factor of using flip3d then by all means keep using it. But please, this is a thread about the program dexpose2. Please keep it that way. If you don't understand what expose is, as devrexster said, do some minor research or just youtube it to see for yourself.

There are reasons why there's so many programs dedicated to create such functionalities in windows.

#32 Eye Pie Rate

Eye Pie Rate

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,180 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 07:29 PM

That was hardly useless unlike this program. Its just a novelty no one really uses, much like Flip3D or Nintendo Wii. While it may be a novelty, the only use of it would be to use it to make your XP/Vista look more like OSX... Flip3D is better but the best is Alt+Tab .

#33 wingkei

wingkei

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 09:06 PM

That was hardly useless unlike this program. Its just a novelty no one really uses, much like Flip3D or Nintendo Wii. While it may be a novelty, the only use of it would be to use it to make your XP/Vista look more like OSX... Flip3D is better but the best is Alt+Tab .

That must be one of the most naive posts I've ever read. Sigh, I can't be bothered with this one.

#34 Eye Pie Rate

Eye Pie Rate

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,180 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 09:13 PM

How on earth is this naive?
I made a fair point and you can't take it is all.

#35 Calamarain

Calamarain

My First Post!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 09:05 PM

I love this tool, it's great.
Does anyone know if it's possible to disable de default hotkeys (F9, F10, shift+F9)? I use those keys, but not for Dexpose. In the version I was using before one could disable them, now 'preferences --> activation --> choose hotkeys' only seems to configure additional hotkeys.

#36 coldemone

coldemone

Sleeping Winmatrixian

• 2,029 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 08:39 AM

That must be one of the most naive posts I've ever read. Sigh, I can't be bothered with this one.

actually he has even more naive posts. this is actually normal for him.
Nice Devrexter!
Now I know what is the rendering, It's somehow ported from mac and has dx9
My graphics card sucks so probably dx9 sucks here too

#37 CAS91572

CAS91572

Active WinMatrixian

• 640 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 04:51 AM

EXposE2 Made PC Mag's list as one of the top Freeware downloads of 2009! Here is the link to the article.Click here

Edited by CAS91572, 17 January 2009 - 04:53 AM.

#38 Lord Devrexster

Lord Devrexster

Hardcore Winmatrixcian

• 999 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 10:04 AM

EXposE2 Made PC Mag's list as one of the top Freeware downloads of 2009! Here is the link to the article.Click here

Thanks for the news buddy. Its good that I updated it recently to fix all bugs.

Thanks again !! :D

#39 Abhi

Abhi

Geek...

• 1,113 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 08:34 AM

Congrats Devrexster, for doing all this nice work, and for the PC MAG achievement also. (Y)
For your commitment and contribution towards this community, I would like to give you a small token of appreciation from Microsoft Technical Communities (Microsoft India). :)
Please PM me.

#40 Krazy Bluez

Krazy Bluez

New WinMatrixian

• 38 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 02:45 PM

Will try this out..

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!