Posted 22 September 2008 - 02:41 AM

Gnome :yes:

#42 teentitan2k2

teentitan2k2

Yes, thats really me

• 339 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 02:50 AM

Gnome :woot:

I do hope that in asking which do we prefer, we didnt just start a gnome, kde, xfce war [sigh]

Please, no flaming

Edited by teentitan2k2, 22 September 2008 - 02:51 AM.

#43 Silare Alvreon

Silare Alvreon

WinMatrixian

• 85 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 04:32 AM

For starters, I don't intend for flamebait.

I prefer GNOME myself. Nothing personal against KDE. KDE is alright, although for some reason it reminds me too much of Windows in its 3.x incarnations and its 4.x incarnations haven't always been stable enough for me. Given that KDE doesn't crap out on me in its 4.x incarnates, I actually like it, except for that I prefer the applications centered around GNOME. Dolphin gets points for being tabbed though. Lots of them.

GNOME I found to be a bit more stabler and it feels more streamlined when I use it, and since most of what I use is GTK+ based, such as Firefox, Pidgin, GIMP, and the like, it helps for OS integration (try using a GNOME or KDE application in the opposite environment, it often looks out of place).

Either way, I'll try it out - if you can blow me away with KDE, then KDE it is. Even given my preference, both are pwn (so is Xfce).

And the new dock idea is very intriguing.

Edited by Silare Alvreon, 22 September 2008 - 04:34 AM.

#44 Xzen

Xzen

Active WinMatrixian

• 293 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 05:24 AM

C'mon Yanike, stop leaving me in suspense, i want to sink my teeth into this one.

#45 Syzygy

Syzygy

Zing.

• 3,470 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 06:35 AM

I Don't mind, but I think Ill give Gnome a go.

#46 j4f

j4f

Active WinMatrixian

• 482 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 12:05 PM

Gnome all the way..

#47 PRATOSH

PRATOSH

WINMATRIX DEVELOPER.

• 563 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 01:23 PM

wow.its going to be atleast a linux beater if not mac and windows beater.cmon it can never gain the popularity of apple or microsoft.i am just being realistic.well windows 7 is on its way and midori from microsoft is just simply out of this world.but it looks stunning none the less.simply awesome yanike. :yes: :woot: :whistle: .but i will just give you one advice from me make it revolutionary like leopard and it will sell.i will be the first one to buy if its a paid operating system and if its free then the first to download.but how many people are working on this operating system means the developers,etc and when is it going to be released????????????????????????????????

#48 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 05:00 PM

how many people are working on this operating system means the developers,etc and when is it going to be released????????????????????????????????

That information is confidential for a reason. This project could easily gain the popularity of Mac's and Window's users or more. Also, this project could start small and grow huge. We will never know until it's released, but best believe I know what I have to do and what the system needs to be like to reign.

#49 winmatrix2007

winmatrix2007

im ready to rock

• 579 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 07:39 PM

this is an awesome os Yanike do want now

#50 Genius314

Genius314

WinMatrixian

• 192 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 08:17 PM

What I'd really like to see is a new DE, better than Gnome and KDE. I know it'd take more time, but they both DE's have their limitations, and a new DE would give the OS a more unique feel.

Also, does it run Compiz-Fusion?

#51 yanike

yanike

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 08:51 PM

What I'd really like to see is a new DE, better than Gnome and KDE. I know it'd take more time, but they both DE's have their limitations, and a new DE would give the OS a more unique feel.

Yes, to answer your question. Also, I was thinking the same thing about Gnome and KDE. I have seen the limitations of both.

#52 yanike

yanike

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 08:51 PM

Yes, to answer your question. Also, I was thinking the same thing about Gnome and KDE. I have seen the limitations of both.

#53 Silare Alvreon

Silare Alvreon

WinMatrixian

• 85 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 03:53 AM

A new DE would be interesting to see, but I'd imagine it'd tack on a lot of additional development time.

#54 RickSOLET

RickSOLET

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,793 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 03:55 AM

Afters going through the comments it seems you have already got plenty of testers.

If I have to test an OS then I would test the latest versions of some popular distros like Fedora and Ubuntu. I don't hope much from any new distro but hats off to your hardwork for making it so beautiful.

Edited by RickSOLET, 23 September 2008 - 03:56 AM.

#55 Silare Alvreon

Silare Alvreon

WinMatrixian

• 85 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 07:27 AM

I wouldn't mind trying it, but I'd need to know what you want me to check and test for you. >_>

#56 PRATOSH

PRATOSH

WINMATRIX DEVELOPER.

• 563 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 07:36 AM

when will be the beta release?

hey wait a minute isnt it built on linux.then how can it be a different operating system.it will have the limitations of linux.sorry for my noobness on linux.never used it thats why.

#57 coldemone

coldemone

Sleeping Winmatrixian

• 2,029 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 09:05 AM

seeing all post afterwards, i felt noob in linux. Dis looks awesome! but linux has even its own limitations, but nevermind. I can never install an os by the way, i can only suggest it. i felt very noob here, woot.

#58 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Active WinMatrixian

• 903 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 11:20 AM

I just hope he keeps it open source.

#59 Xzen

Xzen

Active WinMatrixian

• 293 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 02:44 PM

I just hope he keeps it open source.

...It isn't.

#60 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Active WinMatrixian

• 903 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 03:45 PM

Pity that someone would use all the hard work of OSS developers, and not give back.

They are the ones who made this OS possible.

Edited by adrynalyne, 23 September 2008 - 04:09 PM.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!