• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 digitaldoctors.org

digitaldoctors.org

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 03:24 AM

Worked ... it complained about not being able to Replace a NKxxxx file but I selected skip and it worked great !

#22 AMIRZ

AMIRZ

Loyal Member and Friend

• 2,033 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 12:02 PM

Worked ... it complained about not being able to Replace a NKxxxx file but I selected skip and it worked great !

Don't worry it just overwrote another used/locked file with same one so it told about (sorry before if i didn't say clearly yet you should log off/log on after uninstalling to reset activeX object), but no problemo at all, actually the only file that you have to replace by new installer is only NbkIntl.dll (standard Journal resource libraries) and it can be replaced without any restriction. It's just a story of the actuall process, but to be easier dont worry you did the right way, just uninstalled - installed as your way, still done with same good result. I'm happy to hear finally it works for you Bro :D Cheers ;)

#23 AMIRZ

AMIRZ

Loyal Member and Friend

• 2,033 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 10:49 PM

NEW/UPDATED:

:) Hello everybody, sorry for little interrupting, i just added a new updates/tools for Windows Journal (thx to Raid2 - WinMatrix for his suggestion and reminding me): Journal Note Writer (Printer Driver).

You can also read same info/points and download link on my thread above as i have also updated it. Cheers. :D

3) NEW! Optional: Journal Note Printer Driver for Windows Journal in Xp Pro/Home/MCE:
Added Journal Note Writer (Printer Driver) ported to Xp as optional component for Windows Journal as well as Xp Tablet PC and Vista. Windows Journal Note Writer is a virtual printer that manages the import of document images to Windows Journal notes. When you print documents to the Windows Journal Note Writer, the document is converted by Windows Journal to a document image that is used as the background for a Windows Journal note.

Prerequisites:

- Windows Xp All Editions Sp2/Sp3

- .Net Framework 1.0 Sp3 or higher (i.e 1.1 is better)

- Windows Journal ported to Xp Pro/Home (which also requires Journal Viewer libraries)

Before installing, please make sure you have closed Windows Journal, or no journal.exe process in background (to check, please start Task Manager, then stop it if found).

Post Installation: After installing, please wait for afew time/minutes till it properly installed. To check it, please go to Control Panel -> Printers and Faxes -> make sure you find a new printer icon named "Journal Note Writer". Usually reboot is not required.

Uninstallation: Unlike the original one, i have made the installer is 100% safely-uninstallable. If you want to uninstall it, Close Windows Journal then just go to Add or Remove Programs -> Find an icon named "Windows Journal Note Writer Driver" then click remove button to uninstall it.

For some technical reasons i have decided to not include it in Windows Journal installer, or it's just an optional feature.

- Download Journal Note Writer (Printer Driver) Installer:
File Name: Journal Note Writer Printer Driver Installer.zip
Size: only 512 KB -> a zipped files folder
MD5 checksum: B627CDE57FDA1356F9351A7F8147F136 :
http://www.4shared.c..._Installer.html

You can use Journal Note Printer to virtually print any Journal file or convert another file (i.e PDF or .pdf) to any Journal file (both .jnt and .jtp) through Windows Journal. Beside Windows Journal, you can also access it by any program i.e Microsoft Word or Adobe Photoshop etc (File -> Print) to print (convert) the Journal file, then open and edit it by using Windows Journal (or any associated programs if available/supported).Thanks to Raid2 (WinMatrix Forum) for the input. Enjoy for 100% free!

PS: This installer is only for Windows Journal that ported to Windows Xp Pro/Home by me. Please do not ever use this installer to repair/restore Journal Note Driver in the original Windows Xp Tablet PC 2005 and/or some Windows Vista editions (Premium and Ultimate)! If someday you need to reinstall/repair Journal Note Writer in Xp Pro/Home (that installed by the installer from me) just simply reinstall the driver instead of following this Microsoft way for Xp Tablet PC 2005 (KB824385) (it's also been included in my guide in the package). And once again, mine is also uninstallable!

Full Credits/Thanks to Microsoft Corporation for the original binaries and Raid2 - WinMatrix Forum for his suggestion and reminding me (thanx mate). For personal/non commercial and customization use only.

Cya! :P

Edited by AMIRZ, 05 November 2008 - 07:35 PM.

#24 Raid2

Raid2

My First Post!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 04:25 PM

Hi Amirz,

Fantastic! Just installed the printer driver and it works great. :yes:

We use the Journal for completing PDF RFQ's, and needed the journal to convert the PDF into a document that we can annotate. We then print the result to a PDF printer output with our completed document.

We don't hand write, :no: we use the text box and Flag for completion - This works great! :yes:

Thanks again for making this available so quickly! :D

Now if only I can find a solution to my other challenge. Anybody have any suggestions on how I can route a USB GPS port to two different applications at the same time? Kind of routing one virtual Serial Port to 2 virtual serial ports?

Thanks again Amirz! :yes:

#25 AMIRZ

AMIRZ

Loyal Member and Friend

• 2,033 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 05:05 PM

Hi Amirz,

Fantastic! Just installed the printer driver and it works great. :yes:

We use the Journal for completing PDF RFQ's, and needed the journal to convert the PDF into a document that we can annotate. We then print the result to a PDF printer output with our completed document.

We don't hand write, :no: we use the text box and Flag for completion - This works great! :yes:

Thanks again for making this available so quickly! :D

Now if only I can find a solution to my other challenge. Anybody have any suggestions on how I can route a USB GPS port to two different applications at the same time? Kind of routing one virtual Serial Port to 2 virtual serial ports?

Thanks again Amirz! :yes:

:) Hello Raid2, thx alot for your informative review and explanation about the function of Journal Note Writer here mate. Even as i said i really didnt know but very very little about it or what is it for before you telling me ha..ha.. :lol: . Im sure your review can be a good information for other people who may want to install it included me :) . I will also add your review to the main thread as additional info about Journal Note Writer + full credits to you. Again, thx alot for everything Raid2, full credits to you buddy so it can be created. Regards.

PS: about your second question, i also dont know/get it :unsure: . Please anybody here can help, please? :blink: . Or it might be better if you can also post/ask about it to WinMatrix Software Help and Discussion Here.

Again, thx alot Raid2 and everybody here, cheers! :P

Edited by AMIRZ, 05 November 2008 - 08:41 PM.

#26 grimey

grimey

My First Post!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 10:08 PM

I know this is an old post, but I'm having difficulty getting the tablet input panel to function, so basically the handwriting recognition won't work. Everything else is ok though. I'm using the total conversion package from Amirz. I get installation errors from the commands that install files in the Microsoft.net v1.0.3705 directory. I'm not sure if this is what's causing the TIP problem though. My system has dot.net v3.5 with its service pack installed. Do I need to uninstall dot.net back to its base version 1.0 or is there a better solution?

I can see the virtual keyboard at logon and the keyboard icon on the startup bar. When I click the icon though, windows reports exception errors.

Edited by grimey, 13 August 2009 - 11:44 PM.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!