Google Chrome - web browser

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
171 replies to this topic

#161 devnet

devnet

evolving humanity

• 195 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 12:40 PM

its nice. its look as simple as Google and i hope it performs as much as Google... :yes:

#162 Laguna

Laguna

Active WinMatrixian

• 830 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 07:17 PM

I have been using Chrome all day. And it is just Awesome!!! The only thing I guess that has to be improved it's the downloads manager... It's strange, you can't for example, clear the list. You can't pause, restart, stop, cancel the downloads...but the way the downloads appear at the bottom is amazing.

#163 ShamusHand

ShamusHand

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,574 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 07:53 PM

It`s official, Google will take over the world.

But seriously, this browser is awesome! I`ve already fallen in love with it...
The GUI is great, minimalistic, and very simple to use. It actually feels like it`s made for people, not robots...
I`ve already forgotten about Firefox! :lol:

#164 SamiWiecieKto

SamiWiecieKto

Lurking all around

• 490 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 07:42 AM

Chrome crashed after 2 minutes of running - making it in unique style, lucky Windows system kicked in and killed it itself... not to mention that after install it's some like spyware (checked: "I agree to send statistics(...)" or something like that).

...rly great software - but why multi-instance programming is one of the easiest (at last for me) to achieve?! You just make one app and clone it. :huh:

Moreover, they didn't even add user-friendly option to turn off java and js...hope future versions were be better - cause for me current beta isn't even usable. (they could just post more screenshots...)

Btw, I guess that Opera will get even faster in no-time now...and still FF3 has more power to offer.

P.s.: check tskmanager - be happy to have Google update... (don't remember allowing anything like this - I mean updates)

Edited by SamiWiecieKto, 04 September 2008 - 07:46 AM.

#165 PRATOSH

PRATOSH

WINMATRIX DEVELOPER.

• 563 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 11:49 AM

googles browser is fantastic oh well google will one day become the most popular browser i think.but still apple and firefox are alive my dear friends.they may too make firefox faster and safari is already fast.safari can still be made faster and better. apple has the best operating system and steve jobs is still alive as the ceo of apple he has the ability to remove rabits out of the hat. just think if safari releases something new or maybe yahoo people may just forget this as we have forgotten netscape browser.google may just be forgotten in years to come and well internet explorer it has no future i guess.firefox is still the best and avant browser it good but not good enough.

#166 phoenix_abhi

phoenix_abhi

Phoenix

• 787 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 06:37 PM

Chrome download manager is a buggy thing. The menu react to the clicks very slow. It required more than one left click to execute. (not a problem with other apps). One and only advantage (I felt) over other browsers are this one is fast.

Have anyone checked (real time) the security features of chrome and compared it with Firefox ?

#167 Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP

• 529 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 08:06 PM

Chrome has some titlebar bugs which I found accidentally. Maximize the window and right-click on titlebar, you'll get "Move", "Size" and "Maximize" options enabled. Strange...

Also sometimes after maximizing, restoring window, the option "restore" gets disabled in maximized mode and option "Maximize" gets disabled in Restore mode.

Play with it and you'll notice what I'm talking about. ;)

#168 Minga

Minga

Minganator

• 246 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 07:14 AM

What do PC magaines or reviews say about it?

#169 tweakwindows

tweakwindows

WinMatrixian

• 79 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 08:00 AM

It looks fine for me considering the fact that it's the first version.You can find
a list of keyboard shortcuts for Chrome.

#170 RickSOLET

RickSOLET

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,793 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 05:08 PM

Google has updated Chrome's EULA
Read here

"You retain copyright and any other rights you already hold in Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services."

#171 Frylock86

Frylock86

WinMatrixian 1337

• 3,075 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 07:25 PM

What do PC magaines or reviews say about it?

Looks like they're finding a lot of security flaws.

Chrome flaws start to pile up

DoS vulnerability hits Google Chrome; Crashes with all tabs

Google Chrome open to carpet bombing

Personally, I'm sticking with the best: Firefox 3 and IE 8. :D

Edited by Frylock86, 05 September 2008 - 07:26 PM.

#172 Angelo975

Angelo975

Active WinMatrixian

• 353 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 02:16 PM

Chrome is still too buggy for me :)

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!