• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Burned Phoenix

Burned Phoenix

WinMatrix Addict

• News Poster
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 03:29 AM

There’s a lot to building an org structure for a large team, but the most important part is planning the work of the team. This planning is integral to realizing the goal of improving the overall consistency and “togetherness” for Windows 7. So rather than think of one big org, or two teams, lets say that the Windows 7 engineering team is made up of about 25 different feature teams.

Windows 7’s feature teams sound a lot like parts of Windows with which you are familiar. Because of the platform elements of Windows we have many teams that have remained fairly constant over several releases, whereas some teams are brand new or represent relatively new areas composed of some new code and the code that formed the basis of the team. Some teams do lots of work for Server (such as the VM work) and some might have big deliverables outside of Windows 7 (such as Internet Explorer).

Some of the main feature teams for Windows 7 include (alphabetically):
  • Applets and Gadgets
  • Assistance and Support Technologies
  • Core User Experience
  • Customer Engineering and Telemetry
  • Deployment and Component Platform
  • Desktop Graphics
  • Devices and Media
  • Devices and Storage
  • Documents and Printing
  • Engineering System and Tools
  • File System
  • Find and Organize
  • Fundamentals
  • Internet Explorer (including IE 8 down-level)
  • International
  • Kernel & VM
  • Media Center
  • Networking - Core
  • Networking - Enterprise
  • Networking - Wireless
  • Security
  • User Interface Platform
  • Windows App Platform
Read more

#2 Edgar J.

Edgar J.

PR WinMatrixian

• 129 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 08:28 PM

Nice...

#3 Frylock86

Frylock86

WinMatrixian 1337

• 3,075 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 03:08 AM

I really can't wait to see beta builds of Windows 7.

They should be popping up here soon. I'm surprised I haven't seen more leaked screenies. Longhorn/Vista builds seem like they were leaked every other month.

#4 M.Sudoku

M.Sudoku

Super Duper WinMatrixian

• 2,191 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 04:10 AM

Thanks for the news. :D

#5 cyberghost

cyberghost

My First Post!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 08:46 AM

we accept that while windows versions till xp were built on DOS and supported such programs like Solid Edge and C++ compilers windows vista had compatibility issues and needed to be binary coded will we be facing similar problems with windows 7 coz i understand the strategy of not declaring the platform of deelopment but this is a matter of user friendliness.

If windows 7 creates such problems i am afraid that it wil not be fit for academic issues and besides ista needed very high configs hardare to function i hope 7 may solve slight of those prolems

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!