Photo
- - - - -

Best Browser for Windows

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Poll: Best Internet Browser (107 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you think is the best internet browser for windows?

1. Internet Explorer 6, 7 (1 votes [1.03%])

Percentage of vote: 1.03%

2. Safari (7 votes [7.22%])

Percentage of vote: 7.22%

3. Opera (4 votes [4.12%])

Percentage of vote: 4.12%

4. Maxthon (1 votes [1.03%])

Percentage of vote: 1.03%

5. Internet explorer 8 (6 votes [6.19%])

Percentage of vote: 6.19%

6. Firefox (72 votes [74.23%])

Percentage of vote: 74.23%

7. AOL Browser (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

8. Flock (2 votes [2.06%])

Percentage of vote: 2.06%

9. Netscape (2 votes [2.06%])

10. K-Meleon (2 votes [2.06%])

Vote Please sign in to vote.

#1 Naughty Kuchi-Patchi

Naughty Kuchi-Patchi

Netscape Fanboy

• 20 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 11:45 AM

Well the primary point of this topic is to find out what other people think is the best browser.
This is not a flame war, merley a place to let others know what you use and to help me out with some data I need for a Assesment Task.
If you could stick to this that would be much appreciated.

I am using Netscape 8, I love the interface called 'Fusion' and the nifty features I didnt find in IE8. ANd it does not screw up my system! It also has the best password storage option I've seen and even supports multiple accounts, keeping different internet users bookmarks history passwords and more secure and separate. It also has a built in spyware and security system. And it has tabbed browsing, a sidebar and this awesome multibar system, this lets you switch between toolbars with different functions and they are all fully customizable. It also has a built in search system and uses the Netscape search engine.

I'm not using firefox as I find it very ugly and unusable :( . It looks like IE :( . Not to mention it's all over linux. :(

I also like Safari :) which I have been using for a long time. Despite other peoples ideas Safari is very fast secure :yes: and a million inventive ideas that you wont find anywhere else. :yes: It also fits in very well with OS X themes :lol:

Opera 9 is a good solid browser but its very large and clunky. And it's especcially slow to start up on vista.

And AOL isnt bad and it has some funny effects like drunk mode. It's clever but you can't use much unless you sign up for AOL, which I don't plan on doing.

And don't mind K-Meleon which works very well on USB's. But it has got a miniscule followers who are all french.

Please! Feel free to comment on anyones browser choices! as long as you are not ignorant of the forum rules.

Let me know what you think is the best browser, I need this data for a Assesment task I'm doing for my year 10 Web Development IT.

Much appreciated,

NKP - Guru-360

#2 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Active WinMatrixian

• 903 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 12:02 PM

Despite other peoples ideas Safari is very fast secure

Secure, heheh. It has been the downfall of OS X for the last two years in the CanSec hack contests.

Then there was that nasty 'carpet bomb' Windows exploit that Apple shuffled their feet to patch...

#3 Naughty Kuchi-Patchi

Naughty Kuchi-Patchi

Netscape Fanboy

• 20 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 12:18 PM

But seriosly, I was talking windows browsers, Not to mention OS X doesnt have a downfall, Its the best OS. EVER. That aiside...

#4 zahmad

zahmad

zahmad

• 383 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 12:40 PM

Why bother...we all know firefox is the best and the winner :D

#5 orcus

orcus

Active WinMatrixian

• 714 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 01:02 PM

But seriosly, I was talking windows browsers, Not to mention OS X doesnt have a downfall, Its the best OS. EVER. That aiside...

What kind of drugs are you using today?

http://www.us-cert.g.../TA08-150A.html
http://blogs.zdnet.c...ecurity/?p=1373
http://www.microsoft...ory/953818.mspx

and the list goes on...get your facts straight before making that kind of statements.

and please.....it should be a limit on how big your signature is...I guess it reflects what you lag...

Edited by orcus, 01 August 2008 - 01:04 PM.

#6 Naughty Kuchi-Patchi

Naughty Kuchi-Patchi

Netscape Fanboy

• 20 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 01:15 PM

Real nice,

I'll make sure I point out all of your downfalls next time. Windows fanboy. Besides, Firefox wouldnt exist if it werent for netscape.

Besides, I only started this topic to get some data for an essay. Not to be insulted. I suggest you choose your words more carfully next time. Is this how you treat newbies?

Not to mention, what would Microsoft and ZD net know about OS X? Last time I checked Microsoft made windows, not critisicm.
And ZD net is owned by Cnet which surprise surpise runs on a windows based database.
Now this isnt a flame war so get on with life...

#7 RickSOLET

RickSOLET

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,793 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 01:41 PM

Safari = Fast
Opera = Customizable
Firefox = Fast and Customizable

#8 CommonSense

CommonSense

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,620 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 03:15 PM

Firefox = FTW.

Anyway, Mac and Windows both are not very good Operating Systems. Mac has flaws, and Windows definitely has some. There are many reasons why that Macs don't have a lot of viruses. But my favorite one is because Windows is the number one OS in the WORLD. Yes, yes it is.

So if a hacker was going to try and shut down an industry, why would they choose a Mac? How many major businesses run on Macs. I don't know, but most companies use Windows due to its ease of use to the user. There are few people that are good with computers compared to the rest of the World, as of today. Most people are average users who just know how to open Internet Explorer and use Outlook.

I'm done with my rant. And you can hate me for this one post, but I just helped you write an essay! So calm down... Let people have opinions... Oh wait am I getting into your essay topic? Sorry.

#9 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Active WinMatrixian

• 903 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 04:44 PM

http://dvlabs.tippin...er-with-picture

They were able to exploit a brand new 0day vulnerability in Apple's Safari web browser.

http://news.cnet.com..._3-6178131.html

Macaulay, a software engineer, was able to hack into a MacBook through a zero-day security hole in Apple's Safari browser.

Thats 2007 and 2008 results. Imagine if the browser was more popular ;)

#10 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 04:49 PM

IE7(Vista)= Fast (if you watch what you are doing) and show's sites correctly like they are designed.

Safari= Fast and show's sites correctly like they are designed.

Mozilla Browsers (Netscape, Flock, Firefox)= Fast, works when others don't, has a problem with showing some advanced graphic sites (Safari and IE will pick up the graphics correctly).

Opera= Very fast, but not that compatible with everything.

What's the best browsers to have as main browsers? Safari and IE
reason: You will be able to access pretty much any site with these two and show them correctly and fast.

Alternatives? Firefox and Opera
reasons: They don't show most sites correctly and don't have the compatibility of most. Don't agree? Wonder why Linux users need IE for somethings when Fire can't deliver. Also, Mac users need Firefox for somethings when Safari can't deliver, still I only see Mozilla and Opera as Alternatives until they can show any site exactly how it was created with plugins, graphics and all. You can create a site for Safari and see it just like it was created on IE and visa versa, but you can't say the same for Mozilla browsers and Opera.

Coding for IE is a b****, but it's still a smart browser when it comes to most things. Especially graphic scripts that create effects.

Edited by yanike, 01 August 2008 - 04:52 PM.

#11 Aoi_Sora9x

Aoi_Sora9x

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 04:55 PM

@Naughty Kuchi-Patchi: I think you are the one who should watch your words.

1/ you call us Fanboys.
2/ Safari is not as secured as Firefox. This is a fact.
3/ Since when Mac OSX won the OS war?

Don't force us to agree with all of your statements. We are not, well, Mac fanboy?

Off topic: i find MacOS sucks. A funny thing is that my friends who are proficient at MacOS do not know WHAT a MKV file is. They dont even know the existence of VLC player. 'nuff said. You like an OS, keep to yourself. Don't say THAT OS won the OS war.

#12 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Active WinMatrixian

• 903 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 05:00 PM

I'd give him an F in the class for trying to skew the data for his essay ;)

You have to take all data, whether you like it or not.

#13 PRATOSH

PRATOSH

WINMATRIX DEVELOPER.

• 563 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 05:40 PM

i love safari.i just do.i use it to surf websites and if i need to download a large file above 14 mb i just copy paste the link in idm.i think its the best as net speeds are slow in india at 18 kbps download.and what about avant people.i think it is the second best browser around.oh well and firefox is good but it is dam slow and safari is the fastest.

#14 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Active WinMatrixian

• 903 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 05:46 PM

i love safari.i just do.i use it to surf websites and if i need to download a large file above 14 mb i just copy paste the link in idm.i think its the best as net speeds are slow in india at 18 kbps download.and what about avant people.i think it is the second best browser around.oh well and firefox is good but it is dam slow and safari is the fastest.

Avant is just an overlay for IE.

#15 Merforga

Merforga

Iron Man = Fe Male?

• 1,090 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 05:47 PM

Firefox is the fastest, and as long as you have IE Tab, there's no site that's incompatible.

#16 Suqata

Suqata

New WinMatrixian

• 43 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 06:01 PM

Firefox is the fastest, and as long as you have IE Tab, there's no site that's incompatible.

What he said.

#17 phoenix_abhi

phoenix_abhi

Phoenix

• 787 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 07:08 PM

Safari is a little bit faster than Firefox, but less customizable. Firefox plug ins and add ons are good and easy use. IE is bright but slow.

Windows - Undoubtedly the NO 1 OS in the world (Numbers)
Mac - The sexiest OS
Linux / Ubuntu - Sexy, Popular, Secure than other two and Customizable and F R E E

Edited by phoenix_abhi, 01 August 2008 - 07:21 PM.

#18 fediaFedia

fediaFedia

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 07:12 PM

Firefox is no doubt the best browser available for Windows at the moment.
I tried all these browsers before and i didn't find a better one. Maybe opera is alright tho... but the worst browser experience i ever had was with safari, after that I don't want to try any apple products EVER. -_-

#19 TheGreenMan

TheGreenMan

GreenMan

• 1,635 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 08:46 PM

IE 6, 7 The worst browser on earth.
Safari It renders pages super fast but the Windows version is not worth using because of bugs and lags.
Opera The load time is amazing, features are great and the engine is fast. I use it as my alternate browser.
Maxthon Great customizable browser, but it's IE :-(
IE 8 It has some great new features. Lets hope for the best.
Firefox The best browser! Fast, secure and customizable. What else you want?
AOL Browser What?
Flock Isn't it Firefox with a differnet skin and some cool features?
Netscape Is it still alive? The last time when I cheked it was a Firefox with some bloatwares installed in it.
K-Meleon Light-weight browser, based on Mozilla Gecko engine. It's gaining popularity rapidly.

#20 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Active WinMatrixian

• 903 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 09:38 PM

Safari It renders pages super fast but the Windows version is not worth using because of bugs and lags.
Opera The load time is amazing, features are great and the engine is fast. I use it as my alternate browser.
AOL Browser What?
Netscape Is it still alive? The last time when I cheked it was a Firefox with some bloatwares installed in it.
K-Meleon Light-weight browser, based on Mozilla Gecko engine. It's gaining popularity rapidly.

Flock is not Firefox with a different skin. Its just another browser that uses the Gecko engine.

AOL Browser What?

Flock is not Firefox with a different skin. Its just another browser that uses the Gecko engine.

Oh, and regarding OS X, I would use Shiira before I use Safari, and I would use my own compiled version of WebKit before either.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!