• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 RickSOLET

RickSOLET

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,793 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 04:23 AM

pqGBV.jpg

Update: Windows X, the creator of Vista Transformation pack has released Seven Transformation Pack for Windows XP.

Or download Windows 8 Transformation Pack from HERE which works on both Windows XP and 7.

All other links and old themes have been removed by admin.

Original post:

After seeing Vista Transformation Pack and recently released Leopard BricoPack but I thought someone might have made a conceptual Windows Seven or Vienna transformation pack. After a few minutes of googling I found these five packs.

I have yet to test them all but still I'm posting them here for the interested people.

<Link removed>

Edited by Jatin, 06 January 2013 - 03:32 PM.

#2 Vienna™

Vienna™

Viva la Vista

• 83 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 11:09 PM

They are all exceedingly painful to look at.

#3 Frylock86

Frylock86

WinMatrixian 1337

• 3,075 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 12:11 AM

They are all exceedingly painful to look at.

Indeed. Especially number 4.... :blink:

#4 Liskiller

Liskiller

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 08:28 AM

Not bad for a change. The second one looks cool. :D

#5 uch_haiden

uch_haiden

WinMatrixian

• 224 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 02:48 PM

They look like themed Enlightenment or E17 to me.

Honestly, minus the transparencies the old Mandrake Linux which I had in 2002 can produce such stuffs (with some ragged edges).

But Microsoft won't admit that it is inspired from another product.

I guess they are again betting on this. With no apparent difference of Vista and XP in the GUI which created and welcomed thousands of complaints, what's more with those radically beautiful new themes?

Until now I go more with productivity rather than beauty. Beauty (or eye-candy) must come after productivity.

* Here, I define productivity as intuitive, not much reliance on the mouse which translate to faster computing, few bugs (bug free), works with other providers (not just from Microsoft), etc.

#6 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Active WinMatrixian

• 903 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 12:37 AM

Honestly, minus the transparencies the old Mandrake Linux which I had in 2002 can produce such stuffs (with some ragged edges).

I guess they are again betting on this. With no apparent difference of Vista and XP in the GUI which created and welcomed thousands of complaints, what's more with those radically beautiful new themes?

Until now I go more with productivity rather than beauty. Beauty (or eye-candy) must come after productivity.

* Here, I define productivity as intuitive, not much reliance on the mouse which translate to faster computing, few bugs (bug free), works with other providers (not just from Microsoft), etc.

Are you really judging Microsoft for some fake themes someone ele made?

:whistle:

Who cares where inspiration comes from anyway.

Compiz came after Aero, and had more than one theme inspired by Aero.
Yahoo Widgets, aka Konfabulator came out before OS X Tiger which had a Widget clone.
OS X Tiger had the cube before anyone else, they just didn't use it for desktop switching...
Microsoft copied features from OS X for Vista...

Who cares?

Edited by adrynalyne, 19 July 2008 - 12:38 AM.

#7 Syzygy

Syzygy

Zing.

• 3,470 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 01:29 AM

The spinning dock thing looks a bit "thick" :huh:

but don't mind me, im more into minimalistic

Edited by StickwithXP, 19 July 2008 - 01:29 AM.

#8 uch_haiden

uch_haiden

WinMatrixian

• 224 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 02:34 AM

@adrynaline

In the words of today where everything must paid due respect, Microsoft and every company should at least mention that the thing they did was inspired by something. I am not just pertaining to Microsoft here but to all developers.

Winmatrix always emphasize that developers and artists must give credit to something if they based something from it.

With your first question? I don't need to accuse Microsoft for copying something for they already did several times. Its time for you to go back to history if you still protect your beloved company. Haha

Compiz from Aero, come on... Yes the themes are a bit based, but Aero is undoubtedly again from Linux. Check out the high-end Linux themes in 1999. It's just Microsoft Vista made it popular.

If you started looking at Linux since 1997, I know you will agree with me. But if you are blinded and brainwashed by a company, you will never ever see it.

Anyway for me, still, when it comes to eye-candy Mac is the best bet. Next will be Linux (depending on the user) then Microsoft Vista. Well yes that's their defaults but nowadays with theme customization and others, they are all equal. ;-) You can make the other look like the other.

And the last thing, who cares? I CARE even if I am the only one. ;) I don't know with you but I guess some care too. Only those who are ignorant and know nothing don't about the innards of the industry whom are apparently the average user. (Though I am not again accusing you, so cheers).

By the way, I finally moved 3 of my PCs to Vista 64 SP1 after Microsoft killed XP. And on contrary to beliefs that more than 2GB RAM is needed, No. 1 just have 2GB and it runs fine. The other 2 have 8GB each.

#9 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Active WinMatrixian

• 903 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 03:09 AM

Compiz from Aero, come on... Yes the themes are a bit based, but Aero is undoubtedly again from Linux. Check out the high-end Linux themes in 1999. It's just Microsoft Vista made it popular.

Proof please?

I love how you guys call it my beloved company, when I use Linux 95% of the time.

Once again, I still implore you to explain how you can blame Microsoft for some shoddy fakes?

Edited by adrynalyne, 19 July 2008 - 03:12 AM.

#10 uch_haiden

uch_haiden

WinMatrixian

• 224 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 04:03 AM

I don't believe you use Linux 95% of the time if you still need proofs on those. Knowing that Linux is very customizable.

Please re-read the statement. "They look like themed E17 to me". That means it looks like E17 with a different theme. Nothing else.

That Mandrake Linux I had used the beta Enlightenment Window Manager. And when you say that house looks like our house, does that implore saying that the house I am pointing too is a fake. Some logic please. I am not pessimistic on that statement, ok? It's just how I see it. BUT If that's how you read it then let it be. :o. At least I pointed out something from you to recheck your mighty stand.

And sorry about the top. Knowing all the bases of the products mean you care about credits should be given properly.

Edited by uch_haiden, 19 July 2008 - 04:05 AM.

#11 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Active WinMatrixian

• 903 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 04:39 AM

I don't believe you use Linux 95% of the time if you still need proofs on those. Knowing that Linux is very customizable.

I don't need proof of the now, I want proof of the 'then' that you speak of.

but Aero is undoubtedly again from Linux. Check out the high-end Linux themes in 1999. It's just Microsoft Vista made it popular.

If you can't provide that, then I simply do not buy what you are selling. I am always willing to be corrected, if someone provides something concrete that I can see.

I don't believe you use Linux 95% of the time if you still need proofs on those.

What I use 95% of the time does not equal how long I have used it, or when I started. To suggest otherwise is ludicrous. I have been an avid user since 2006. I dabbled before then, since ~2000. Thats it.

So you might want to re-check what you believe or not, because you seem confused.

And when you say that house looks like our house, does that implore saying that the house I am pointing too is a fake. Some logic please.

Ok, here is my logic. If I see a nice looking car that looks like a corvette, but isn't, do I point out its a fake? or do I blame Chevrolet for some cheap imitation that doesn't even look real?

Using your logic, I would.

Microsoft-did-not-make-those-crappy-themes. So how do you know what they pulled inspiration from when NONE of us have seen what the final GUI is going to look like, because it looks like Vista at this point?

Sorry, but what you are saying sounds like a typical windows hater. Making little sense, but a lot of noise.

Edited by adrynalyne, 19 July 2008 - 04:59 AM.

#12 uch_haiden

uch_haiden

WinMatrixian

• 224 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 05:26 AM

Please don't cut off my statements because they lead to each other. I am not quoting things from you, quoting leads to misquoting. We all know that cutting lead one to other conclusions. If you quote please include the whole paragraph.

I'll try to find my old Mandrake installer and other CDs for you.

Read above, what I said, minus the transparencies and jagged edges, the Vista theme looks like a customized Linux of 1999. But again, I'll try to find an older computer and the CDs to satisfy you or yet, find an old screenshot site.

But Ok lets start with the windows for saving etc. Since GIMP hadn't changed much, its file save and window did not much change, and it is also available on widows is a good example. The saving is exactly like what Vista is right now. The window/location is minimized, it resizes if you click browse. Regardless of the Window maker that time its still the same, so I can still use it as an argument (in E17).

Another thing is the defunct, eindexer, if I am not mistaken that's still use on some old Linux distros and renamed to other names right now.

The icons which can be resized not just to (32 and 16 as what Windows Xp and below support) is a nifty feature of GTK before (GNOME). Mandrake can use GNOME and Enlightenment hand and hand (even with Sawfish). Actually you can right click on the icon, select resize, resize it an whoosh that's it. And you can do it individually. So you can have icons of different sizes. WIndows cannot yet do that. It might not be a feature though, but for me it is. I want my Home/Documents folder to be the largest.

The Orb is nothing just a beautified launcher which can be made with Enlightenment. As far as I'm concerned, Mandrake included several themes for their Distro. You can mimic MacOS, CDE, XP, OS/2, etc. Other themes include out of this world styles which is similar to having widgets on four corners of your desktop. One of which can be used as a taskbar. And yes, those themes are dark much like a dark Vista and Vista-ish.

The icons are of no question better with Linux. Linux had standard on PNG and SVG before. Microsoft followed with Vista.

The 3d switch between windows as Windows Vista offers is yes somewhat original because I can't remember of finding a thing on the net before. But we don't know, it might have existed. And yes as you said earlier, Vista borrowed from OSX, and I know one transparencies. OSX had this but somewhat changed because users complained on it. Leopard, as I've heard brought it back.

So there I explained about the looks and some behavior. Mandrake which is now known as Mandriva Linux is based on RedHat Linux by that time so if you can find one, you can also explore and install Enlightenment plus the themes.

Those are still words. I might provide screenshots if I can find them and if I can find time. Its really hard installing them on 2007 PCs. Most especially the drivers. And if I update them it seems like using the present OS.

Those are the things I can provide for now. And well sorry about that, it could be that you are a new Linux user and found it better so, you are now using 95% of it. And yes, I can't conclude you had been using it for 5 or more years. So that's my bad. Cheers! I just concluded that you are an old user like us. Something really differs us though is that I don't use Linux 95% of my time, maybe just 10-15%. I'm stuck with Windows because of the programs we need.

Update:
---------------------------------------------------------------
Some uploaded themes circa 1999 and 2000 are found on freshmeat.net. Browse through the themes.

Edited by uch_haiden, 19 July 2008 - 06:22 AM.

#13 uch_haiden

uch_haiden

WinMatrixian

• 224 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 05:39 AM

Ha! Yes, we are not yet on the final product I just commented on the screenshot that they look like something to me. We can all do that, can't we?

But Microsoft won't admit it. Its a future thing, will not = wont, Aww. So it can cover the final product if that is how will it look. Please read again. And I also made that conclusion because on the past they did not admit anything. Review your computer history please. Another thing is as what I understand on the above post, its a transformation pack, meaning its like a copy of the pre-existing or future product.

I am not a Microsoft hater for I had been one of those eager buyers who lined up just to get there latest products. In fact, I am eagerly waiting for 7. In psychology, however, it is implying something from you. I don't need to further explain things or some arguments from this point. And, well, I can now judge you from this. I'll just keep it though. HAHA

And Yes just not to get OFF TOPIC

Some of the screenshots still look like a themed Enlightenment to me. And unlike adrynaline who said they are crappy, I find some of them really good especially 2. Though, I won't buy a new OS just for the eye-candy. You can make the old one look like the new one by adding some programs like Winmatrix did with XP. I am after the WinFS and the other promised features.

Finally,
1. You are a Microsoft fanboy :D defending nil.
2. You need some education to respect the ideas of others on how they see things.
3. You might as well include some psychology classes.
4. You might as well find an old PC and old Linux distros that include all the software of that time.
5. You need to exert more effort on marketing B) I also need this! :D
6. You need to see an OS not from the GUI. Yeah, you already know this because you are a developer right?

Based on all your posts, you are always countering one who go against Microsoft (other threads). Sorry, you arrived at the wrong conclusion from my statements. I am not implying that Microsoft is bad or is a copy-cat or a fake as what Apple told them in 1985. I am just talking about the screenshots posted. I just could not admit your post that I am a Microsoft hater making a nonsense noise. But you are making me do it. Look between the lines of your statements, they are implying something. I admit I have limited knowledge on computers and well even Psychology (only 15 units) but it is enough for me to arrive at something. So, before making any accusation, you need to widen your mind. And what's so bad on saying that something is inspired by something?

Edited by uch_haiden, 19 July 2008 - 06:04 AM.

#14 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Active WinMatrixian

• 903 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 07:41 AM

Ha! Yes, we are not yet on the final product I just commented on the screenshot that they look like something to me. We can all do that, can't we?

But Microsoft won't admit it. Its a future thing, will not = wont, Aww. So it can cover the final product if that is how will it look. Please read again. And I also made that conclusion because on the past they did not admit anything. Review your computer history please. Another thing is as what I understand on the above post, its a transformation pack, meaning its like a copy of the pre-existing or future product.

I am not a Microsoft hater for I had been one of those eager buyers who lined up just to get there latest products. In fact, I am eagerly waiting for 7. In psychology, however, it is implying something from you. I don't need to further explain things or some arguments from this point. And, well, I can now judge you from this. I'll just keep it though. HAHA

And Yes just not to get OFF TOPIC

Some of the screenshots still look like a themed Enlightenment to me. And unlike adrynaline who said they are crappy, I find some of them really good especially 2. Though, I won't buy a new OS just for the eye-candy. You can make the old one look like the new one by adding some programs like Winmatrix did with XP. I am after the WinFS and the other promised features.

Finally,
1. You are a Microsoft fanboy :D defending nil.
2. You need some education to respect the ideas of others on how they see things.
3. You might as well include some psychology classes.
4. You might as well find an old PC and old Linux distros that include all the software of that time.
5. You need to exert more effort on marketing B) I also need this! :D
6. You need to see an OS not from the GUI. Yeah, you already know this because you are a developer right?

Based on all your posts, you are always countering one who go against Microsoft (other threads). Sorry, you arrived at the wrong conclusion from my statements. I am not implying that Microsoft is bad or is a copy-cat or a fake as what Apple told them in 1985. I am just talking about the screenshots posted. I just could not admit your post that I am a Microsoft hater making a nonsense noise. But you are making me do it. Look between the lines of your statements, they are implying something. I admit I have limited knowledge on computers and well even Psychology (only 15 units) but it is enough for me to arrive at something. So, before making any accusation, you need to widen your mind. And what's so bad on saying that something is inspired by something?

Its obvious I hit a nerve. So....*shrug* I have better things to do with my time. I argued that nothing is original, and yet you found something to bitch about it. Then you made a list of insults to my intelligence. Congrats. Do you feel like a man now? :D

To date, you still have not provided proof, yet insist on me to find my own. Thats pretty lame. :huh:

Don't bother at this point, because I won't be visiting this thread anymore to see it.

Edited by adrynalyne, 19 July 2008 - 07:47 AM.

#15 fediaFedia

fediaFedia

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 09:39 AM

This pack looks good, but certainly needs some work.
I could maybe even help you with that... :whistle:

#16 tonyokoro

tonyokoro

New WinMatrixian

• 26 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 10:46 AM

These all look like their for XP. Maybe when transformation packs designed for vista start appearing we migth get something worthwhile. Transforming xp to windows 7 is really a waste of time... too big a leap, but vista, now that is more sensible.

#17 TxTazDad

TxTazDad

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 06:13 PM

Adry........a winders fanboy?? I think he only uses it because of school

for a fan, he sure likes to bash. look here

Nice web site BTW :)

#18 endrit10

endrit10

N9 Shanktown

• Members
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 12:34 AM

I agree
XP to Windows 7 is a step too far.

Try Vista to Windows 7
It would look alot better.
Also dont make the task bars so thick.

#19 Gragier_521

Gragier_521

WinMatrixer

• 1,785 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 08:05 PM

Not even close to Windows 7 but nice concepts nonetheless.

Edited by Gragier_521, 25 July 2008 - 08:05 PM.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!