Sirous Trouble with Mozilla FireFox 0.9

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 AppleXY

AppleXY

Apple - The only way to describe quality

• 763 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 12:36 PM

I recently installed Mozilla FireFox 0.9, coz you's here use FireFox, and promote it, use I decided to use it. I downloaded but i have really bad problems with it. Plus I am really new user with it. If these probz dun solve i'll hav 2 unistall it completely.

1.) Wen I installed firefox.. my internet connection went slower than ever before. I tried to fix it, but it didn't work. And my downloads are going slower everythin time i rusume it, like first time 9.0kbs, then 2.0kbs then 1.0kbps , then 0.1kbps.

2.) When i unistalled it, it won't actually remove COMPELTELY, coz wen i installed the settings, cookies settings, the homepage (that i changed) was still there. So i jus want 2 remove COMPLETLY if 1.) dun work!

Pls help me!

Thx alot!!

Liquid_MiND ;) :D

#2 journeyman

journeyman

WinMatrixian

• 86 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 01:59 PM

Liquid Mind - I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble - Your best bet is to go to this link

Firefox knowledge base

or this one

http://texturizer.net/firefox/

I have no-idea why you should be having these symptoms but I'm sure all the advice you need is available there.

Just on the basis that you may have nothing to lose you might consider upgrading to 9.1 which has addressed some of the bugs that were originally found in 9.0

I can only tell you that I have experienced no difficulty whatsoever so far, but appreciate that this is not your experience. I hope you can resolve it soon.
:)

#3 ReynoldsM

ReynoldsM

Reynolds Medila

• Elites
  • 2,147 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 02:09 PM

1.) What's the relation between Firefox and the downloading speed of your download manager? :wacko:

2.) When yoy uninstalled it then homepage (that you changed) of which browser was still there?

I think I could not get the both points :P

Edit: Err! I took more time to post as compared to journeyman :P

Edited by ReynoldsM, 04 July 2004 - 02:15 PM.

#4 journeyman

journeyman

WinMatrixian

• 86 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 04:35 PM

Yup but he can only call me useless or thank me for taking the time to post the links. You on the other hand may have to follow through if he answers your questions - and you don't even know what his OS or original default browser is.

:P :whistle:

Hopefully those links will help him fully uninstall if nothing else :) .

PS. I was thinking of adding the word Edit to make it look as if I worked just as hard as you Reynolds. LOL

#5 Monkster

Monkster

WinMatrixian

• 79 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 06:39 PM

Just on the basis that you may have nothing to lose you might consider upgrading to 9.1 which has addressed some of the bugs that were originally found in 9.0

Actually, Firefox hasn't even gone 1.0 yet :rolleyes: I think you mean 0.9 and 0.9.1 :P

I'm sticking with 0.8 anyway...waiting for 1.0.

@LiquidMind, It would help if you typed English...or atleast learned to spell correctly :P Does IE go slow too? Are you sure its a problem with Firefox and not your ISP?

Edited by Monkster, 04 July 2004 - 06:39 PM.

#6 journeyman

journeyman

WinMatrixian

• 86 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 10:08 PM

Actually, Firefox hasn't even gone 1.0 yet  I think you mean 0.9 and 0.9.1 

Absolutely right - my bad :whistle:

I panicked for a moment but then I remembered I have no tech. cred to lose. :P

#7 AppleXY

AppleXY

• 763 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 06:02 AM

Ok, well FireFox has a d/l manager included ReyoldsM, and my home page was still there in FireFox. And still the speed still going slower, so wat shall I do?... Should I uninstall it??
-----
When i unistalled it, it won't actually remove COMPELTELY, coz wen i installed the settings, cookies settings, the homepage (that i changed) was still there. So i jus want 2 remove COMPLETLY if 1.) dun work!
--------

???? pls help :unsure: ???

#8 journeyman

journeyman

WinMatrixian

• 86 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 07:26 AM

I don't think I understand exactly what you're saying. I'm not totally clear how you can have uninstalled Firefox and yet still have it referring to the homepage. Is it possible that you mean you have uninstalled and then re-installed.

You also haven't said what OS (windows XP, 98, Me etc ?) you are running or what your normal default browser is and how well that is running since you installed Firefox.

It is very difficult to even begin to offer a suggestion without this sort of information, other than the basics such as ensuring your firewall has given permission etc. ( I do not advocate disabling your firewall by the way ).

Are you launching with Firefox or are you going on line and then opening Firefox? Have you tried using the tools >options>homepage selection to change your homepage to a different one or even blank and then going on to another site you use regularly just to check that there isn't an issue with the page you keep on trying to link to ?

As I said previously - If you want advice on how to do a thorough uninstall I would go to the links I provided earlier.

I doubt I am able to help you through any technical advice - but I hope you can see there are a few fairly painless options you can try. Also the benefits of pre-planning a message that gives key information might attract someone who can recognise your problem and give a more indepth level of support both here and on the Firefox Support site which I note you have since posted on :).

If you are running XP and all else fails - there is of course the last ditch option of system restore - but I would look at all other options first because its working through this sort of problem that builds knowledge and confidence, or in the worst case scenario, a nervous breakdown leading to alcohol or drug addiction :lol:

I hope that at the very least you can appreciate that folks here do care that you are having a bad experience and wish you well in your attempt to fix the problem one way or another :yes:

#9 AppleXY

AppleXY

• 763 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 07:31 AM

Thanks, It's workin now, it was my isp :P !!! and next time i'll giv spec, and write propper english! :P I'm just 2 lazy 2 type! :D

Edited by Liquid_MiND, 05 July 2004 - 08:16 AM.

#10 journeyman

journeyman

WinMatrixian

• 86 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 07:39 AM

B) Good to hear B)

#11 ReynoldsM

ReynoldsM

Reynolds Medila

• Elites
  • 2,147 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 06:19 PM

I always feel lazy in posting big replies.
You own this topic now journeyman :D

#12 Zezola

Zezola

i have the style that makes you smile ®™

• 398 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 01:21 AM

Try to fix it using to tips the rest of the guys told you in the thread.
Your other option would be changing to another browser like Opera,avant,etc... There are lot of free & good choices for now.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!