• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 phoenix_abhi

phoenix_abhi

Phoenix

• 787 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 05:43 PM

:blink:
I do not know whether my own Vista has any problem, I am posting the screens of Ubuntu here with CCSM in full fledge, Amarok, Open office word processor, Transmission, FX3,Update Manager, MPlayer Movie player, system monitor and both core together showing 50 %.

But in my Vista SP1 I have Aero, sidebar, KIS7,Spybot,Threat Fire, Comodo, O&O defrag, 360 desktop, Real Player and Adobe PS CS3 and quick time. It is over. The CPU touches 100 and stay there for long. Opening more apps a heck. RAM is just 47-54 % only. Noe that none of the anti kits are scanning the PC, only in active monitoring same for O&O. I will post the screen later.

As earlier said I love both the OS, but I shifted to Ubuntu for its speed and flexibility. I even felt the browsing is also little bit faster in Ubuntu (FX3) than IE7

Any trouble shooting offer for my Vista ? I am proud to use this OS and may be the first person to shift to W7 when it release, but for sure Vista is killing my CPU. The side bar has 4-6 widgets which takes 1-3 % of CPU.
The main culprit is system Idle which eats up 55 % or more of CPU

Attached Files

Edited by phoenix_abhi, 14 July 2008 - 05:44 PM.

#22 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Active WinMatrixian

• 903 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 05:48 PM

I do not know whether my own Vista has any problem, I am posting the screens of Ubuntu here with CCSM in full fledge, Amarok, Open office word processor, Transmission, FX3,Update Manager, MPlayer Movie player, system monitor and both core together showing 50 %.

But in my Vista SP1 I have Aero, sidebar, KIS7,Spybot,Threat Fire, Comodo, O&O defrag, 360 desktop, Real Player and Adobe PS CS3 and quick time. It is over. The CPU touches 100 and stay there for long. Opening more apps a heck. RAM is just 47-54 % only. Noe that none of the anti kits are scanning the PC, only in active monitoring same for O&O. I will post the screen later.

As earlier said I love both the OS, but I shifted to Ubuntu for its speed and flexibility. I even felt the browsing is also little bit faster in Ubuntu (FX3) than IE7

Any trouble shooting offer for my Vista ? I am proud to use this OS and may be the first person to shift to W7 when it release, but for sure Vista is killing my CPU. The side bar has 4-6 widgets which takes 1-3 % of CPU.
The main culprit is system Idle which eats up 55 % or more of CPU

I'd be happy to help out, but I need to finish up this week with my chemistry courses first before I can spend any real time on it.

Even 50% in Ubuntu seems pretty crazy. The only time I ever peg 100 is audio/video encoding.

Just a note...system idle process just shows how much your computer is idling.

For example, mine is showing ~91-98% on this machine (desktop this time).

Edited by adrynalyne, 14 July 2008 - 05:49 PM.

#23 Lord Devrexster

Lord Devrexster

Hardcore Winmatrixcian

• 999 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 06:13 PM

offtopic: Boss, there's a slight problem in ur security configuration. If u have KIS7 then u mustn't use any other firewall. That actually makes ur system more vulnerable. Uninstall Comodo. :yes:

#24 phoenix_abhi

phoenix_abhi

Phoenix

• 787 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 06:49 PM

I have disabled the intrusive prevention in KIS 7, which I believe do the job of Firewall, Am I right, if not correct me.

@adrynalyne

The 60% is for both core, as a single CPU it is 28-33 %.

Then y the system idle take up a lot of CPU as shown in Task Manager and next thing is comodo 28 -30 % CPU. I would like to disable it, but it is a nice FW.

Let Lord Devrexster 2 answer my query on firewall

Edited by phoenix_abhi, 14 July 2008 - 06:55 PM.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!