• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Gragier_521

Gragier_521

WinMatrixer

• 1,785 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 07:48 AM

Posted Image

I just stumbled upon a blog post regarding the confirmation of Windows 8. When I noticed that this website (uxevangelist.blogspot.com) is only 9 months old then I doubted it's genunity but then I saw some proofs below the post. I think you all should give it a read.

Windows 8: Confirmed -- No, not as codename "Midori."
With Windows 7 well underway, there are plenty of teams within Microsoft who are looking to the future. Yes, Windows 8 is not only confirmed as existing as its own entity but Microsoft is currently looking for people to fill the proverbial shoes of planning. Perhaps the codename for Windows 8 is just that; Windows 8, and not "Orient" or "Mystic," as previously rumored. With Windows 7 being the current codename of Microsoft's upcoming OS, "Windows 8" as a codename makes perfect sense, though ultimately an assumption on my behalf at the moment.

Read more here

#2 Frylock86

Frylock86

WinMatrixian 1337

• 3,075 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 02:10 PM

Well seeing that '7' is to be released in the next 2 years, this doesn't surprise me. These next 2 years are going to go quite fast.

#3 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:23 PM

Wow! not really. I'll care after 7 comes out.

#4 dualcorex

dualcorex

WinMatrixian

• 188 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 10:08 PM

ok?

In other news, Vista 10.0 comes in 10 years....

#5 Rich246

Rich246

What's a Member Title?

• 429 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 10:23 PM

This is what has happened with EVERY Microsoft OS... They have their eyes on something new and better than what's not even out.... Windows 7 is along way off...

Maybe for once in the prodigious legacy of Microsoft they should Finnish what they have out and coming out BEFORE making statements about better and bigger...

If this happened Vista would be the XP killer... I use Vista and love it, but it could be alot better...

And no I don't want any cheese with my whine :P

#6 Merforga

Merforga

Iron Man = Fe Male?

• 1,090 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 10:45 PM

Didn't I see a post about Windows 12 a few days ago?

/sarcasm

I don't really care until Windows 7 is out and bashed by the Mac fanboys and commercials.

#7 rahuljin

rahuljin

Active WinMatrixian

• 664 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 04:16 PM

i also heard some time ago that there will be windows which will be the extended and more advance version of xp, something like 'xp 2' and better than vista.

i know it is true or not !!

#8 Liskiller

Liskiller

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 08:02 AM

[sarcasm]Now I'm going to skip Windows 7 and wait for Windows 8.[/sarcasm]

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!