• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sabsty

sabsty

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 09:32 PM

Looking for information on how to create a Gom Player skin. I've visited their site and it seems their tutorial and the boards turned to spam solicitations, no help from there.

What I've done so far is extract the files using any compression agent (ie: WinRAR) to a seperate folder. Then do my edits. After the edits I compress the contents then rename it with the extension .gps, I figure all is good, then attempt to load the skin with Gom Player, but states the file is corrupt.

I'm not sure whats going on here or matter of fact the correct way to extract, compress the skin file. Could use some help her please.

#2 SharmanNet

SharmanNet

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,543 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 08:10 PM

Don't compress the content after editing. Just paste the folder in the GomPlayer's skins folder and check if it works.

There is no skin creator. Skinners just edit "SKIN.XML" and all the BMP images.

#3 sabsty

sabsty

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 12:16 AM

Thanks for the reply. I figured it out after posting. What you need to do is extract the skin you want to edit to it's own directory. Now, create a COPY of the .gps file you just extracted. Name it the Windows default Copy of <filename>.gps or <yourfilename>.gps

Now, once all the files are extracted, and a new .gps file created, you can begin editing. Once you are satisfied with the edits or just want to view what you've accomplished open the .gps file (<yourfilename>.gps), that you've previously created, with a compression agent (I use WinRar)... copy or drag and drop that file you've edited from the working directory into the compression agent, it will then ask you whether you want to copy and some advanced settings, just use the defaults and add the file. Once the file is added to the .gps file from within WinRar open the <yourfilename>.gps file with Gom...

Should be able to view your modificiations.

#4 Liskiller

Liskiller

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 01:44 AM

Thanks for the little guide sabsty. Gom Player is great. I'll try to do some modifications in the default skin.

#5 Adhiezt Amars Jezta

Adhiezt Amars Jezta

My First Post!

• 1 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:24 AM

how to display text "www.gomplayer.com" in skin "basic" to the skin "modern_kid"?

#sorry, if I use google translation services

Attached Files

• Attached File  gom1.jpg   58.18K   1 downloads
  • Attached File  gom.jpg   64.05K   1 downloads

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!