#1 Burned Phoenix

Burned Phoenix

WinMatrix Addict

• News Poster
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 08:55 PM

To: Windows Customers
Re: An Update on the Windows Roadmap

Today, more than 1 billion personal computers around the world run Windows. Over the years, Windows has been the catalyst for innovations that have transformed the way people communicate, access information, create and share content, and much more, at work and at home. Windows is the platform that most people use to get the greatest value and benefit from their personal computers. Windows is also the platform that brings together the broadest array of choices across PCs, devices and applications. To all of our Windows customers, thank you! To the hundreds of thousands of partners that develop millions of solutions for Windows, thank you.

Your experience and satisfaction are Microsoft's top priorities. I wanted to take this opportunity to share some thoughts about Windows and to answer some questions you may have about Windows XP and Windows Vista.

There are three things I want to give you an update on:
  • Our plans for Windows XP
  • Our progress with Windows Vista
  • Our view on Windows 7
:bulletblue: Read: Microsft Windows Letter

#2 ForumUser

ForumUser

Active WinMatrixian

• Developer
  • 325 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 12:23 PM

To this end, our plan is to deliver Windows 7 approximately 3 years after the January 2007 general availability launch date of Windows Vista.

mmm... I will not develop a 64-bit version of winbubble. Sorry guys... cause Windows 7 is NEAR!!!

I hope microsoft learned about Windows Vista. :blink:
And give us something that we can use Forever! I mean Useful everyday.not Flip3d! Windows Vista is great and the cost of buying security softwares, ram, laptops and many more
goes down because of it's requirements but the problem is... Many 3-4years ago laptop/pc's cannot run vista!

Hey Microsoft! Are you losing your magic?
Hire me! (lol!) :)

Edited by ForumUser, 27 June 2008 - 12:42 PM.

#3 RickSOLET

RickSOLET

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,793 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 08:09 PM

An open letter from Microsoft! Isn't it for the first time? :D

#4 Johnnyboy

Johnnyboy

Drake

• 1,212 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 12:21 PM

Windows Vista SP1 copies files up to 50 percent more quickly

That's not true! I think it's only 10 percent faster.

Edited by Johnnyboy, 29 June 2008 - 12:22 PM.

#5 Lord Devrexster

Lord Devrexster

Hardcore Winmatrixcian

• 999 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 01:03 PM

Some facts ARE a bit bloated like Johnyboy noted ;)

However a positive thing to come out of this letter is I think we can continue developing apps without fear of compatibility. Thats Good (Y)

#6 M.Sudoku

M.Sudoku

Super Duper WinMatrixian

• 2,191 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 07:50 PM

You've also let us know you don't want to face the kinds of incompatibility challenges with the next version of Windows you might have experienced early with Windows Vista.

It's big relief.

#7 Frylock86

Frylock86

WinMatrixian 1337

• 3,075 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 10:51 AM

You've also let us know you don't want to face the kinds of incompatibility challenges with the next version of Windows you might have experienced early with Windows Vista.

It's big relief.

Which also means those people who skipped Vista will have the same compatibility problems when moving from XP to 7....

#8 Liskiller

Liskiller

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 07:11 PM

Such type of open letters are necessary now a days for suppressing the rumors.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!