Photo
- - - - -

Microsoft: "Don't Wait for Windows Seven"

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Poll: Are you waiting for Windows Seven? (85 member(s) have cast votes)

Skipping Vista for Windows 7

1. Yes, I'm still using Xp and waiting for Windows Seven (17 votes [19.10%])

Percentage of vote: 19.10%

2. No, I've upgraded to Vista (65 votes [73.03%])

Percentage of vote: 73.03%

3. I'm sick of Windows and switched to Linux/Mac (7 votes [7.87%])

Percentage of vote: 7.87%

Vote Please sign in to vote.

#21 Dr. Doom

Dr. Doom

Active WinMatrixian

• 529 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 04:46 PM

vista is by far the most stable os from microsoft. i will wait for 7, but until then there is no way that i use an os from the year 2001 LOL

#22 Tamilboy

Tamilboy

WinMatrixian

• 67 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 04:58 PM

I like vista alot...and can't wait for 7... btw. I'v tried ubuntu, but I didn't like it at all and the laptop fan didn't work under ubuntu either :P

Solo is the next KaironXP :lol:

Naah, i was here before KaironXP was. Sorry, but i claim the call on "Form Ass that is also a Moderator."

and sorry about that, i let something else that had infuriated me carry over to the post.

but i do mean, really, why go with an OS that demands 1GB of RAM, and it is still slow?

Now, if they can improve and severely tweak the Vista codebase to work better and use that for 7, then fine, more power to them.

and ZDSMaster, i have family that still run 98SE, one super high end PC's, simply because they like the way it works and feels to them more so that XP. And that is my dad. been trying to get him to swap for ever now.

so yes, some people are going to find an alternative and stick with it.

LOL, i have an uncle that still thinks that Win95 is God's Gift to Computers, now trust me, HE is delusional.

and yet again, sorry for the comments, I let another problem carry over the post to my online companions.

Sorry about that PakastaniPower and ZDSMaster.

98SE can't handle more than one core, and the High End PC will be useless :)

#23 ZDSMaster

ZDSMaster

------Silence------

• 54 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 07:15 PM

vista is by far the most stable os from microsoft. i will wait for 7, but until then there is no way that i use an os from the year 2001 LOL

LOL 2001. :D I bet by 2015 people will still have a 2006 OS lol. :P

#24 Liskiller

Liskiller

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 08:27 PM

I like Vista's features like SuperFetch RAM management, ReadyBoost, DirectX 10 and the new GUI.

Vista is great if you have at least 2 GB of RAM.

#25 frostic

frostic

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 01:35 AM

I hate flooded topics...grow up cry babies -.-'
Since Microsoft will always be the best in market and in application resources and all programs are made for it... and if they arent that's because they were not made for it and they are Linux, MAC only.

Stick with the most updated OS...if u want to know why...go search for it...

Anyway go get some info little kids and then post ur replies. btw im only 17 O_o

ohh and if u want to reply me please use your *brain* thank you. :rolleyes:

#26 Genius314

Genius314

WinMatrixian

• 192 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 04:43 AM

Since Microsoft will always be the best in market and in application resources

But this all comes down to one question... How do you define "best?"

Maybe Windows has the most users, but most of those people don't even realise that there IS something other than "PC" and "Mac." It's not about what those people want, though. It's about what you want. I want Linux, I like how it works, so that makes it the best OS for me.
Does that mean it's the best OS for everyone else? Of course not.

What do you mean by the most updated OS, exactly? Pretty much every widely-used OS is updated regularly.
(Also keep in mind that Ubuntu is updated every 6 months. It was 7 years between XP and Vista, with only 2 service packs in between. That doesn't mean Windows is bad, but it doesn't help the argument. :P)

Unless you mean the most modern desktop. Because OS X is pretty nice looking (probably my favorite GUI, although I still try and only use themes that I design myself); and Linux, although a bit outdated with some features (like transparency... they'd better get that working soon!! :blink:), looks pretty good with Compiz installed.
All the current operating systems look nice, but that is personal taste. Some people hate Vista's look. Some hate Mac. Some hate Linux. All of them can be changed.
There's really no best looking desktop, except in the eyes of its own user.

And just to be clear (in case my post sounds biased), I'm not a Linux fanboy. Sure, I like it, and I try and defend it when I see people making fun of it. But I also hate seeing people complain about Windows or OS X. They're great operating systems, just not the one I use.

...And now I stop, before this becomes a completely pointless rant... :whistle:

#27 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 05:08 AM

Since Microsoft will always be the best in market and in application resources and all programs are made for it... and if they arent that's because they were not made for it and they are Linux, MAC only.

The Best ... no. no one person can say what is the best. now, i will give that they are the industry standard for right now.

well, that IS a good idea, but, as you can tell with lower end machines allways coming out, especially now, because it is the Fad right now (Eee 900, etc...) not all of them can run the "latest and greatest".... and for some all of those extra features (Areo, DWM, Beryl, etc.... is needless eyecandy)

Anyway go get some info little kids and then post ur replies. btw im only 17 O_o

17? actually, you have a pretty good grasp of PC's as it is now, but, i dont think that you would have been able to handle them back when i was young, back when the 80286 and 80386 were the default. When running Windows meant 3.1(and DOS), with all of 16 colors (Yes! 16!!!), and if you could get SVGA working correctly, you had all of 256 Colors!

So, because we have seen where PC's came from, and we know and remember, we cant help but wonder why the OSes are so damned bloated now...

Edited by Solo, 07 June 2008 - 05:09 AM.

#28 Frylock86

Frylock86

WinMatrixian 1337

• 3,075 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 05:36 AM

So, because we have seen where PC's came from, and we know and remember, we cant help but wonder why the OSes are so damned bloated now...

They come 'bloated' more or less I think becuase home computers are doing more these days then they did back in the days of Win3.1, Win95, Win98, etc...

Today we have them acting as our home entertainment system, being able to play DVD's and now even connect to watch TV. They are able to rip and store your entire music collection (Considering you have the storage space). They are able to store your entire photo albums, video collections, etc...

Back in the day you go on the computer to check your e-mail, browse the web, or just play a simple game. Most of the time it was off collecting dust (At least mine was).

#29 Bogdan

Bogdan

LA all day!

• 180 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 06:05 AM

Windows 7 looks promising...

Edited by Bogdan, 07 June 2008 - 06:10 AM.

#30 RickSOLET

RickSOLET

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,793 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 12:26 PM

Windows 7 looks promising...

Yeah, I'm waiting for it, but skipping Vista seems like a bad idea.

#31 HappyAndyK

HappyAndyK

New WinMatrixian

• 23 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 03:01 PM

"Historically speaking, mainstream deployment occurs not when Microsoft releases a product but 18 months later. While the mainstream deployment cycle is beginning for Windows Vista now, it isn’t expected to begin for Windows 7 until at least mid-2011."

#32 devnet

devnet

evolving humanity

• 195 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 03:04 PM

vista is just cool for me. great performance with sp1. better than win xp sp3 still waiting for 7.

#33 frostic

frostic

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 06:27 PM

The Best ... no. no one person can say what is the best. now, i will give that they are the industry standard for right now.

well, that IS a good idea, but, as you can tell with lower end machines allways coming out, especially now, because it is the Fad right now (Eee 900, etc...) not all of them can run the "latest and greatest".... and for some all of those extra features (Areo, DWM, Beryl, etc.... is needless eyecandy)

17? actually, you have a pretty good grasp of PC's as it is now, but, i dont think that you would have been able to handle them back when i was young, back when the 80286 and 80386 were the default. When running Windows meant 3.1(and DOS), with all of 16 colors (Yes! 16!!!), and if you could get SVGA working correctly, you had all of 256 Colors!

Well since microsoft is working for those features...it wont be good if u work in those projects...then when Vista is launched. all people giving bad feeback of it...that's just playing with others work...saying DWM is useless...microsoft doenst have the fault about poor people. im not saying that its not a big problem but ye
worldwide technology is getting slower because people can't afford the newly things =S
This world is upside down :D...this world is "one for himself" not "one for everyone" <_<

#34 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Active WinMatrixian

• 903 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 07:04 PM

Well since microsoft is working for those features...it wont be good if u work in those projects...then when Vista is launched. all people giving bad feeback of it...that's just playing with others work...saying DWM is useless...microsoft doenst have the fault about poor people. im not saying that its not a big problem but ye
worldwide technology is getting slower because people can't afford the newly things =S
This world is upside down :D...this world is "one for himself" not "one for everyone" <_<

If that were the case, Apple marketshare wouldn't be increasing.

People pay more, if they perceive value in it. If Microsoft does not create something with that perception, then less people are willing to move to it.

#35 Culprit

Culprit

I live my life a quarter mile at a time.

• 817 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 10:56 PM

i want to know why people think vista is soooo bad i use it and its amazing it works 110% and why does it matter if you need at least 1 gb of ram most computers you buy today have atleast 1 or 2

#36 SharmanNet

SharmanNet

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,543 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 06:00 AM

vista is just cool for me. great performance with sp1. better than win xp sp3 still waiting for 7.

agreed

#37 AMIRZ

AMIRZ

Loyal Member and Friend

• 2,033 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 08:36 PM

Good poll, btw how to choose if i have both Xp and Vista? Which option is right for me? :blink: thx :)

#38 InlineSkate

InlineSkate

WinMatrix Addict

• 3,182 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 10:13 PM

Good poll, btw how to choose if i have both Xp and Vista? Which option is right for me? :blink: thx :)

You would choose that you upgraded to vista.

I like vista I think it's much better then xp and to the above poster who said they didn't use enough polish.

I don't see what you mean vista looks gorgeous O.o

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!