Any interest in an AimRes.dll guide

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 thenut

thenut

New WinMatrixian

• 36 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 08:42 AM

Before my old computer died I was putting together a basic text guide for reshacking aimres.dll to customize aim... now that I have my new spiffy computer I was wondering if anyone here is still interested since my former site, DeskMod, is pretty much dead... tho I wouldnt give out all my trade secrets, youd understand if you saw my old screenshots B) , I could offer people a pretty clear cut guide to aimres.dll for aim v 5.5.3595

this would include where and how to edit the smallest things like menus and tooltips as well as deleting bitmaps and changing gifs, etc... which is all actually quite easy so most people may not even need it at this point... :P

if anyones interested Id like to know before I put time and effort into it... then I can bother the admins here to host it here since itll only be a tiny .txt file... :lol:

#2 Siraka_Serion_Semi

Siraka_Serion_Semi

S3

• Global Moderator
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 08:54 AM

I'm interested to know about reshacking but I dont use AIM :(

#3 Power User Z

Power User Z

Z

• 1,595 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 01:35 AM

Seems cool. Tell us the secrets :D

#4 Areus

Areus

Legacy User

• 1,283 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 02:26 AM

there was an old tutorial on virtual plastic that explained all of this.

#5 thenut

thenut

New WinMatrixian

• 36 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 04:52 AM

I assume youre referring to http://www.virtualpl...t_talk.html#aim and some of the other miscellaneous tips, etc there

my idea is more of a guide so people dont have to search through aimres.dll... it may also help people understand how resource hacker works as well as its modifications work... theres always different versions/ tutorials for stuff

thanks for the motivation tho LyricistPrfctd01... <_<

#6 Red Killer Sira

Red Killer Sira

Sira

• 864 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 06:52 AM

I would like to read the guide :yes:

Edited by Red Killer Sira, 29 June 2004 - 06:53 AM.

#7 ~{/^OoMoO^\}~

~{/^OoMoO^\}~

Active WinMatrixian

• 549 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 04:59 AM

I Need Yahoo ResHacking Guide ^_^

#8 Areus

Areus

Legacy User

• 1,283 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 06:38 AM

I assume youre referring to http://www.virtualpl...t_talk.html#aim and some of the other miscellaneous tips, etc there

my idea is more of a guide so people dont have to search through aimres.dll... it may also help people understand how resource hacker works as well as its modifications work... theres always different versions/ tutorials for stuff

actually no, thats not what i was talking about, there was an older one that used to be up, that told you everything you needed to know about editing the AimRes.dll. Diagrams & screenshots etc.

hence the reason I say "old tutorial."

and I wasnt trying to down you in case you missed that.

#9 thenut

thenut

New WinMatrixian

• 36 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 02:42 PM

its called clarification

the internet doesnt allow much room for sarcasm... so how about you always think about it... ;)

since Ive done several projects with people involved with virtualplastic and given tips theres before myself Im quite sure that what Im doing hasnt been done, at least, as thoroughly

the link youre talking about may still be up there... but my guide would lead to a external functioning program if all goes well

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!