Windows 7 only for Tablets?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 AeroGlass

AeroGlass

New WinMatrixian

• 47 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 03:35 PM

No idea where this belongs but as I was watching D6 demo, I over heard her say that you'll need a new Tablet Screen to use Multi-Touch and along with that, everything she did involved touch, so does that mean that those already with a laptop/computer can't upgrade and must buy a new computer for Windows 7?

#2 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Active WinMatrixian

• 903 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 03:47 PM

No idea where this belongs but as I was watching D6 demo, I over heard her say that you'll need a new Tablet Screen to use Multi-Touch and along with that, everything she did involved touch, so does that mean that those already with a laptop/computer can't upgrade and must buy a new computer for Windows 7?

Er...

No. It means if you want to use multi-touch features, you will need a touchscreen that supports it.

Just like now, with certain OS tablet features.

#3 PenaltyKillah

PenaltyKillah

Allergic to your bull.

• 604 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 06:43 PM

It will take another quarter of a decade for all of us to fully integrate into tablets or touchscreens.

#4 Liskiller

Liskiller

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 07:07 PM

AeroGlass you should be more active here. :P Windows 7 will be a full featured OS which will replace Vista in coming two years. That D6 video was just to demonstrate the multi-touch feature.

#5 ZDSMaster

ZDSMaster

------Silence------

• 54 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 10:48 PM

AeroGlass you should be more active here. :P Windows 7 will be a full featured OS which will replace Vista in coming two years. That D6 video was just to demonstrate the multi-touch feature.

I wonder what will replace windows 7. :P

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!