12 replies to this topic

#1 Liskiller

Liskiller

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 04:25 AM

Posted Image

Tonight, at this year's D:All Things Digital conference, Julie Larson-Green showed Walt Mossberg how a few of the multi-touch innovations first previewed in Surface will ultimately enhance the next version of Windows. Please note, the applications you will see are for demonstration purposes only...but it's all Windows 7 underneath.

:bulletgreen: Watch The Video

#2 pakistanipower

pakistanipower

WinMatrixian

• 179 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 04:36 AM

omfg amazing..just amazing..the photo movement isn't that usefull unless u deal with alot of picutres...not home user..

but that video/piano/maps..just amazing..

but i am guessing we would have to buy a "windows 7 certified" screen too inorder to get all those nice features

but tfs really nice

#3 Mheltin

Mheltin

Active WinMatrixian

• 491 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 04:53 AM

Amazing Video. :woot: :woot: :woot:

#4 Abhi

Abhi

Geek...

• 1,113 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 05:25 AM

Beautiful...
But again, you'll need hi-end hardware to run all these properly, or you know what people will end up doing...yeah, Windows 7 Bashing!

#5 pakistanipower

pakistanipower

WinMatrixian

• 179 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 07:03 AM

Beautiful...
But again, you'll need hi-end hardware to run all these properly, or you know what people will end up doing...yeah, Windows 7 Bashing!

yaa but i really dont think hardware will be such a MAIN issue on 7 since most of the people r running dual core duo's and about 1 gb ram..This was microsoft main concern to move the people up in hardware spec..for current/future OS..but i am sure we will need to update a little bit..which make sense..

from this video my main concern would be the screen..this time we would have to buy them...

Edited by pakistanipower, 28 May 2008 - 07:05 AM.

#6 Abhi

Abhi

Geek...

• 1,113 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 08:25 AM

Beautiful...

yaa but i really dont think hardware will be such a MAIN issue on 7 since most of the people r running dual core duo's and about 1 gb ram..This was microsoft main concern to move the people up in hardware spec..for current/future OS..but i am sure we will need to update a little bit..which make sense..

from this video my main concern would be the screen..this time we would have to buy them...

Screen, or Touch-sensitive screen also comes under hardware, doesn't it? Without it, there's no use of Touch or Multi-touch.

#7 Johnnyboy

Johnnyboy

Drake

• 1,212 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 09:27 PM

Here is the full video:
http://d6.allthingsd...s-7-touch-demo/

#8 pCgv r t x

pCgv r t x

WinMatrixian

• 161 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 10:17 PM

That's pretty nice, but like it's been stated before. The questions of hardware come in play. People that spend a couple of hundred bucks just to run Vista are gonna have to pay a couple of hundred bucks to get all the sweet features of Windows 7. I think its pretty much crap, whatever happened to just updating an OS and not your entire rig not only do you spend hundreds on hardware you have to spend hundreds on the OS that has these features(that is if microsoft decides to go a la Vista once again). But the touch is very nice I liked the video and I myself as a Photoshop user would like to see what Adobe does to incorperate touch features.

#9 The Silent Warrior

The Silent Warrior

Got Orange Stars?

• 2,574 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 03:55 AM

Nice video! It's like Microsoft Surface on our desktop!

#10 JohnnyV1500

JohnnyV1500

Active WinMatrixian

• 487 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 04:07 AM

wooaaahhh mannnn this is so cool

can anyone imagine laptops coming standard with these types of screens within 5 years?? wouldnt that be insane?

#11 Abhi

Abhi

Geek...

• 1,113 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 06:15 AM

wooaaahhh mannnn this is so cool

can anyone imagine laptops coming standard with these types of screens within 5 years?? wouldnt that be insane?

You don't have to imagine that hard, since these kinds of devices already exist in today's market.
This very demo was done on a Dell Latitude XT (which has a digitizer supporting multitouch), the same model that is shipping today.
Things will only get better, supposedly.

#12 TheGreenMan

TheGreenMan

GreenMan

• 1,635 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 04:36 PM

I'm not interested in a tablet PC so all these features are useless to me.

#13 coldfire7

coldfire7

I'm a PC !

• 121 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 08:15 PM

thnx for the vdo . . . :D

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!