The sequel to excellent music player Sonique has a new alpha out. These are alpha builds so they are not perfect, but many are using them. In this latest release, there have been several major changes.
First, Sonique2 is now a full media player and not just a music player. It can still play mp3 and other audio files, but now it can play avi, divx, xvid, and mpeg formats.
Next, skins now can have a thumbnail preview from within Sonique2 itself for easier changing. The thumbnail is manual and the skin browser window needs to be skinned, so that is a change in the skinning format.
Finally, Sonique2 can now be minimized to the system tray (next to the clock), which saves room on the desktop and in the taskbar. This way it is still accessible, but out of the way.
Full List of Changes:
* new interfaces browser. skinners should starting skinning this window and adding thumbnails to their interfaces.
* video support: avi, divx, xvid, mpg. not mantis-ized. (thanks Jerome!)
* minimize to systray support: see readme for details. (again, thanks Jerome!)
* many mml/mscript improvements. skinners see the list on the forums.
* reorganize most of the sonique2 menus
* playlist column improvements
* various bug fixes and tweaks
* language and help updates.
Note (from site): If you have ID3LIB.DLL install issues, try the installation again.
Sonique2 Alpha July 25 Build
No replies to this topic