19 replies to this topic

#1 Liskiller

Liskiller

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 10:47 AM

Posted Image

"Little thin, tablet-like computers" and giant, sensitive walls with interchangeable touch- and pen-based "natural interfaces" are still on the way, said Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates, speaking at a CEO Forum Wednesday.

Read here

#2 TheGreenMan

TheGreenMan

GreenMan

• 1,635 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 06:28 PM

Pretty cool :D

#3 WhistAler

WhistAler

WhistA

• 1,866 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 06:43 PM

It's "Microsoft Surface" on the wall!

#4 pCgv r t x

pCgv r t x

WinMatrixian

• 161 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 08:02 PM

It's "Microsoft Surface" on the wall!

&& it costs a gazillion bagillion dollars :lol: :rolleyes:

#5 Genius314

Genius314

WinMatrixian

• 192 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 08:12 PM

Now you can have a blue screen door of death!! :lol:

#6 M!W

M!W

Active WinMatrixian

• 306 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 08:13 PM

that is nothing new again, Microsoft first demonstrated it on a normal PC Screen, then on a Table and now on a Wall!

What is that supposed to tell us? We have no new ideas but that doesn't mean that we can't act like we had?

If he wants to impress me, he should show me a Windows on that a Virus can't run! ...but sadly this isn't going to happen!

#7 JohnnyV1500

JohnnyV1500

Active WinMatrixian

• 487 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 11:02 PM

he should show me a Windows on that a Virus can't run! ...but sadly this isn't going to happen!

ok first of all, windows is not the only OS that can be infected by a virus. its just most common? wanna know why?

CAUSE EVERYBODY USES IT. wanna know why?

CAUSE IT WORKS. of course it crashes, what os doesnt? (plz dont say osx it does freeze)

i think its actually a great idea. imagine one of these at every Starbucks in the world. or to check in at a hotel. so many applications, dont u think?

#8 uch_haiden

uch_haiden

WinMatrixian

• 224 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 11:58 PM

I wish the next thing be a surface-less (no need for monitors) computer. LOL. Though I wish they also build their own PCs like Apple does to remedy bad drivers released by third parties.

#9 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Active WinMatrixian

• 903 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 04:47 AM

he should show me a Windows on that a Virus can't run! ...but sadly this isn't going to happen!

ok first of all, windows is not the only OS that can be infected by a virus. its just most common? wanna know why?

CAUSE IT WORKS. of course it crashes, what os doesnt? (plz dont say osx it does freeze)

i think its actually a great idea. imagine one of these at every Starbucks in the world. or to check in at a hotel. so many applications, dont u think?

Don't speak logic ot the haters, they hate logic.

#10 Abhi

Abhi

Geek...

• 1,113 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 06:44 AM

If he wants to impress me, he should show me a Windows on that a Virus can't run! ...but sadly this isn't going to happen!

Great, So specific, and why would HE care to do that, please explain.

#11 KaneBT

KaneBT

Super WinMatrixian

• 144 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 06:45 AM

he's not pointing to anything? :lol:

#12 endrit10

endrit10

N9 Shanktown

• Members
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 06:56 AM

Windows BETTER then OSX

No you say?
I live in England, I am pretty sociable, and I know NOT ONE person that uses a mac.
Infact I actually know people that run Linux and not Mac.

#13 exxon007

exxon007

WinMatrixian

• 224 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 07:26 AM

What's the big deal? I see John King, from CNN, demonstrates that all the time. LOL.

Edited by exxon007, 21 May 2008 - 07:27 AM.

#14 RickSOLET

RickSOLET

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,793 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 11:55 AM

John King doesn't use touch sensitive display, or does he?
Posted Image

#15 monoslykos

monoslykos

screw loose

• 100 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 08:51 PM

In the microsoft version tho, it costs more and is bigger :lol:

#16 JohnnyV1500

JohnnyV1500

Active WinMatrixian

• 487 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 09:44 PM

QUOTE(JohnnyV1500 @ May 20 2008, 11:02 PM) *

hahaha couldnt agree more

#17 M!W

M!W

Active WinMatrixian

• 306 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 10:54 AM

QUOTE(JohnnyV1500 @ May 20 2008, 11:02 PM) *

hahaha couldnt agree more

Yes, Windows is not the only os that can be infected but it is not that threaded because of it's distribution. It is because it's concept is unsecure!

Of course you can make it secure with an Antivirus, an Ad- and Spywareremover and a Firewall but do you really think that it should be common to install all these things on your computer?

btw. I use OSX at Work and it crashed only once since I got it (october) but that was the fault of virtualbox, it somehow screwed up my Kernel :cry:

About the topic: Sorry but that is really no new Idea, every old SciFi Movie from the 80s had stuff like this!

And you can speak logic to me, I'm not an idiot! I even know why Windows is distributed this wide! Every Driver is programmed for Windows and most of the Games use DirectX.

Until the game developers won't use OpenGL prior to DirectX I still have to stay with a Windows partition on my computer but sooner or later the game developers will have to change their development because the *nix users are getting more and more.

I didn't want to offend someone here, I just wanted to give my comment to the topic!

#18 Abhi

Abhi

Geek...

• 1,113 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 11:28 AM

The idea itself might not be completely new, but the practical implementation of it surely is.

@ M!W,
There are many more reasons people use windows for, rather than just gaming. Ask most of the Developers!

#19 M!W

M!W

Active WinMatrixian

• 306 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 01:01 PM

I am a Developer! but I know there are a lot of programs that only work under windows

#20 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Active WinMatrixian

• 903 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 03:19 PM

I am a Developer! but I know there are a lot of programs that only work under windows

OS X is just as insecure as Windows for those determined enough to hack it. Viruses would be/will be no different.

The proof is already out there, so no point in linking more of the same stuff thats already been debated here.

OS X merely enjoys the calm before the storm.

Edited by adrynalyne, 22 May 2008 - 03:20 PM.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!