Wiimote patch for windows vista

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 WinHacker

WinHacker

WinHacker

• 19 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 09:03 PM

I made a patch that will make the wiimote work on vista. It has a read me file so u can install it. MAKE SURE U READ THE "READ ME"!!! :D

Attached Files

Edited by WinHacker, 16 May 2008 - 09:08 PM.

#2 Liskiller

Liskiller

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 09:19 PM

Cool, is it better than Glovepie?
Can you post a video?

#3 WinHacker

WinHacker

WinHacker

• 19 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 09:54 PM

Cool, is it better than Glovepie?
Can you post a video?

No, you still have to use Glovepie but it'll make the wiimote compatible with Windows Vista
If you dont have this patch, the buttons on the wiimote wont work, even though you program it too, even the tilt wont work, the only things that will work is the vibration, and the led lights, so you need this patch for it to work. Just download it and view the READ ME file. :lol:
and yes, im going to make a video, but it will take a few days to a week. so be patient.

#4 Optimal Vista

Optimal Vista

Got No Orange Stars!

• 195 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 01:06 AM

Hey, i got the patch that u submitted but its telling to dowload the WIDCOMM 6.1.4900 driver but I dont know where to get it? thanks.

#5 RickSOLET

RickSOLET

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,793 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 07:28 AM

Can you play shooting games with it without any problem? If yes them I'm going to buy a Wiimote now! :D

#6 WinHacker

WinHacker

WinHacker

• 19 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 02:40 PM

Hey, i got the patch that u submitted but its telling to dowload the WIDCOMM 6.1.4900 driver but I dont know where to get it? thanks.

I was mistakin' the driver is a 6.0.1.4900
you can get it here
http://www.versiontr...info/win/153340

Can you play shooting games with it without any problem? If yes them I'm going to buy a Wiimote now! :D

o'course u can :lol:

#7 Airflow

Airflow

wolfriA

• 796 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 01:35 AM

I have no idea how to use this tbh. How do you get a sensor for it attached on to a regular computer. It doesn't make any sense to me, can you please help me out man?

#8 WhistAler

WhistAler

WhistA

• 1,866 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 06:41 PM

Can you post a video?

Videos

#9 WinHacker

WinHacker

WinHacker

• 19 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 06:38 PM

I have no idea how to use this tbh. How do you get a sensor for it attached on to a regular computer. It doesn't make any sense to me, can you please help me out man?

make sure that you have vista, not xp, if you have xp just get a 4.0.1.something driver for it. if you have vista get the driver that i posted earlier, and then read the instructions on the read me. i will make a video later.

#10 Airflow

Airflow

wolfriA

• 796 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 10:19 PM

No I mean how does it even sense the Wiimote?

#11 WinHacker

WinHacker

WinHacker

• 19 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 11:02 PM

No I mean how does it even sense the Wiimote?

Im not sure if your either talking about how it senses the wiimote as a pointer, like it does on the wii (Mouse pointer). OR, that if it senses the wiimote with the bluetooth.

If your talking about using the wiimote as a pointer, youll need infrared lights on top of your computer, powered by a battery or two. found all that at a radioshack for less than four dollars. or if your talking about the bluetooth, all you have to do is press add and press 1 and 2 at the same time so your computer will pick it up, and then at the end of it searching, there should be something called RVL-CNT-... and i forgot the rest. Back to the point double click that and then it should ask if you want a passkey for the wiimote, just check the little circle that says, dont use a passkey, and before you press next, wait for the wiimote for the leds to stop blinking (unless you have taken long on connecting the wiimote, which is ok) and then press 1 and 2 again and THEN press next. In the bottom right corner there should be something that says "looking for device software", and then it should say "HID complement device successfully installed" or something like that. And now you have the Wiimote connected to your computer. Now you should use glovepie.

That was tiring :whistle: . so if you have any other problems (hope you dont :( ) just tell me. :)

#12 WinHacker

WinHacker

WinHacker

• 19 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 02:03 PM

I forgot to mention, that if you have problems conecting the wiimote to the wii. take out the battery and put it back in

#13 SharmanNet

SharmanNet

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,543 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 12:13 AM

o'course u can :lol:

It sounds interesting. My friend has Wii and I don't like it as much as my Xbox 360 but I'll soon give Wiimote a try on my Vista PC.

#14 WinHacker

WinHacker

WinHacker

• 19 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 04:00 PM

This sucks people.
I made this patch so the wiimote can work on glovepie for windows vista.
I barely figured out that all you had to do was run it with administrator privilidges(or whatever) but at least you dont have to run it as an administrator in windows vista if you install this patch.

#15 Airflow

Airflow

wolfriA

• 796 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 09:05 PM

Aww, don't feel bad man, it's pretty cool anyway. I need it for XP, but I have no idea how your sensor from the Wii is going to attach on to the computer? Or like what do you use to connect to the computer that you can use the WiiMote with? I have the real Wii and have a Mote but have no idea how to use it with the computer.

#16 akust

akust

My First Post!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 11:33 PM

while getting crazy searching for a f**king solution to get the internal BT running with Wiimote and GlovePie (or even Wiinremote) the whole day (f**k!), I finally found this hack. My driver is younger, anyway it worked a bit, at least a short time.
thank you!

BT and Win is such a f**king shit…
sorry.

#17 PurplePeopleEater

PurplePeopleEater

I'm an Android fanboy sue me

• 4,090 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 11:35 PM

Wow Glovepie looked pretty simple when I watched to TooSmartGuys video, glad to see you got it working even though I wasnt in this thread

#18 Syzygy

Syzygy

Zing.

• 3,470 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 12:52 AM

Big Bump :)

GlovePie has always worked with Vista afaik. All you need is Parallel Port Joystick (Virtual Joystick).

#19 InlineSkate

InlineSkate

WinMatrix Addict

• 3,182 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 01:05 AM

Welcome to WinMatrix Akust

But help me with some of my research? What makes new members want to bump really old topics?

#20 Syzygy

Syzygy

Zing.

• 3,470 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 01:23 AM

Welcome to WinMatrix Akust

But help me with some of my research? What makes new members want to bump really old topics?

Nothing. They find a topic which interests them enough to forget when it was made.

Jatin should really implement a warning system *Don't bump topics older than 3 months*

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!