Posted 15 May 2008 - 09:26 AM

well hope it is hacker proof like mac os x is

Haha, you don't read much, do you?

#23 KaneBT

KaneBT

Super WinMatrixian

• 144 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 09:31 AM

i am really tired of using xp.hope to see some new features like transparent recycle bin

What do you mean by that? Vista has a transparent recycle bin....

#24 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 04:29 PM

OK. Let's see how great this Windows version is. They say it will take less ram. We'll see when it releases. I don't believe anything from MS anymore until I see the product in action.

Posted Image

I like this design :)

Edited by yanike, 15 May 2008 - 04:31 PM.

#25 Razor VinT

Razor VinT

tech savvy

• 2,164 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 06:44 PM

@PRATOSH: Transparent recycle bin is not a feature. You can get it on XP too. :lol:

#26 PRATOSH

PRATOSH

WINMATRIX DEVELOPER.

• 563 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 06:04 AM

@PRATOSH: Transparent recycle bin is not a feature. You can get it on XP too. :lol:

i know it that you get in xp,vista.see my screenshot on the 4th page of may 2008 desktops ok. ;)

no man i dont read much.thats why i am a doc. :D .and i know that macintosh can be hacked but its not present in the real world may be in a hacking contest or something.and for viruses i know there exista a virus for mac but same is the case here.not that widespread anyways.see my desktop in may 2008 desktops and i like the stacks features of mac incorporated in xp.

#27 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Active WinMatrixian

• 903 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 06:10 AM

i know it that you get in xp,vista.see my screenshot on the 4th page of may 2008 desktops ok. ;)

no man i dont read much.thats why i am a doc. :D .and i know that macintosh can be hacked but its not present in the real world may be in a hacking contest or something.and for viruses i know there exista a virus for mac but same is the case here.not that widespread anyways.see my desktop in may 2008 desktops and i like the stacks features of mac incorporated in xp.

Hacking and virus do not belong in the same sentence. Lack of viruses for an OS =/unhackable. At any rate, the exploit was via Safari on OS X...no virus need apply. If that can't happen in the "real world"...

Edited by adrynalyne, 16 May 2008 - 06:12 AM.

#28 PRATOSH

PRATOSH

WINMATRIX DEVELOPER.

• 563 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 09:25 AM

Hacking and virus do not belong in the same sentence. Lack of viruses for an OS =/unhackable. At any rate, the exploit was via Safari on OS X...no virus need apply. If that can't happen in the "real world"...

please learn computer terms before taking me on.defination of hacking-Unauthorized use, or Hacking means illegally accessing other people's computer systems for destroying, disrupting or carrying out illegal activities on the network or computer systems.attempts to circumvent or bypass the security mechanisms of an information system or network and a virus is A computer program that can harm a computer by displaying messages, deleting files, or even destroying the computer's operating system.see the difference noob. :D .and this is my ip address for you all crackers are 10.20.50.100.i run mac os x and windows xp .mac os x most of the times.hack it if you wish because i still think mac is hackable only in a computer lab of symantec and kaspersky and not in the real world.so hackers please put your knowledge to the test. i bet you cant hack me noobs and pros of the hacking industry:P

Edited by PRATOSH, 16 May 2008 - 10:39 AM.

#29 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Active WinMatrixian

• 903 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 03:36 PM

please learn computer terms before taking me on.defination of hacking-Unauthorized use, or Hacking means illegally accessing other people's computer systems for destroying, disrupting or carrying out illegal activities on the network or computer systems.attempts to circumvent or bypass the security mechanisms of an information system or network and a virus is A computer program that can harm a computer by displaying messages, deleting files, or even destroying the computer's operating system.see the difference noob. :D .and this is my ip address for you all crackers are 10.20.50.100.i run mac os x and windows xp .mac os x most of the times.hack it if you wish because i still think mac is hackable only in a computer lab of symantec and kaspersky and not in the real world.so hackers please put your knowledge to the test. i bet you cant hack me noobs and pros of the hacking industry:P

My point was that you were equating lack of viruses to being safe from hacking, hence my comment that the two don't belong together in the same sentence, in that context anyway.

I don't really feel like sifting through the rest of your nonsense, but I can't even begin to point out the irony in you calling me a noob, and then posting a PRIVATE IP address as a challenge to others, pretending like you know something. :woot:

i am really tired of using xp.hope to see some new features like transparent recycle bin

You are calling me a noob? Wow...

Edited by adrynalyne, 16 May 2008 - 03:46 PM.

#30 PRATOSH

PRATOSH

WINMATRIX DEVELOPER.

• 563 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 04:59 PM

My point was that you were equating lack of viruses to being safe from hacking, hence my comment that the two don't belong together in the same sentence, in that context anyway.

I don't really feel like sifting through the rest of your nonsense, but I can't even begin to point out the irony in you calling me a noob, and then posting a PRIVATE IP address as a challenge to others, pretending like you know something. :woot:

You are calling me a noob? Wow...

so transparent recycle bin is not a feature what is it ha?you want my ip its 202.167.346.512.now tell.you can even use a private ip to hack ok.

#31 Abhi

Abhi

Geek...

• 1,113 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 05:12 PM

and i know that macintosh can be hacked but its not present in the real world may be in a hacking contest or something.and for viruses i know there exista a virus for mac but same is the case here.not that widespread anyways.

The simple reason behind less no. of viruses for Mac is their smaller user base, because Mac is not as widespread as Windows, so there are not so many viruses targeted at Macs. The sole purpose of coding viruses is to affect as many systems as possible, and that explains why the most viruses are targeted at Windows.

And I agree with adrynalyne that lack of viruses for an OS does not mean that it is unhackable. If you see carefully and go through stats, you'll find that there have been so many exploits for Macs as well.

And buddy, why are you Flaming so much??? Posting a Dynamic IP and challenging others for Hacking?

you want my ip its 202.167.346.512.now tell.you can even use a private ip to hack ok.

What do you think we are idiots here who dont know that IPv4 can have max. 255 as one byte for any IP address???? From where you got 346 and 512 there???
Buddy, sorry to say, but this pretty much shows who is a n00b here!!!! :whistle:

And transparent recycle bin is not a feature, it just uses a transparent png image for transparency. You can pretty much do that with any OS.

#32 PRATOSH

PRATOSH

WINMATRIX DEVELOPER.

• 563 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 03:31 AM

and i know that macintosh can be hacked but its not present in the real world may be in a hacking contest or something.and for viruses i know there exista a virus for mac but same is the case here.not that widespread anyways.

The simple reason behind less no. of viruses for Mac is their smaller user base, because Mac is not as widespread as Windows, so there are not so many viruses targeted at Macs. The sole purpose of coding viruses is to affect as many systems as possible, and that explains why the most viruses are targeted at Windows.

And I agree with adrynalyne that lack of viruses for an OS does not mean that it is unhackable. If you see carefully and go through stats, you'll find that there have been so many exploits for Macs as well.

And buddy, why are you Flaming so much??? Posting a Dynamic IP and challenging others for Hacking?

you want my ip its 202.167.346.512.now tell.you can even use a private ip to hack ok.

What do you think we are idiots here who dont know that IPv4 can have max. 255 as one byte for any IP address???? From where you got 346 and 512 there???
Buddy, sorry to say, but this pretty much shows who is a n00b here!!!! :whistle:

And transparent recycle bin is not a feature, it just uses a transparent png image for transparency. You can pretty much do that with any OS.

i was just testing to see if anyone points it out.you are not a noob.anyways my ip address for real is 221.118.222.74.ok cmon hack it now.you can call it as a feature also why not?is vista aero a feature its sure is.you cant call it as a theme.in the same ways i have my screenshot in may 2008 desktops i too have a transparent recycle bin .i still fell its a feature.if you still think thats its a png image oh well you are just using an extension.i didnt start the fight here.and oh well for your answer that because mac is so less widely used why there are viruses for cell phones like nokia that too s60 3rd where there are hardly any users on it anyways.viruses and hacking are too different terms for god sakes.

#33 Abhi

Abhi

Geek...

• 1,113 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 07:11 AM

Who said there are not many Symbian users???
Its not specific for S60 3rd edition cells like N Series and all, but complete S40 and S60 series have a strong user base.

#34 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Active WinMatrixian

• 903 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 09:49 AM

Wow...didnt you hear or read about Mac being the one to be hacked most easily and sooner than Windows and Linux in a hacking contest some time ago??????

What do you mean by that? Vista has a transparent recycle bin....

@PRATOSH: Transparent recycle bin is not a feature. You can get it on XP too

All these comments, and no attack on them.

I make one comment:

I get:

please learn computer terms before taking me on.

A computer program that can harm a computer by displaying messages, deleting files, or even destroying the computer's operating system.see the difference noob.

I guess I should be flattered. :blink:

As for this:

and this is my ip address for you all crackers are 10.20.50.100.

i was just testing to see if anyone points it out.you are not a noob.

Yeah, sure you were "testing" us. I am not buying it, and I doubt anyone else here is, either. :no:

#35 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Active WinMatrixian

• 903 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 10:03 AM

why there are viruses for cell phones like nokia that too s60 3rd where there are hardly any users on it anyways

Hardly any users?

Of Symbian?

Around 118 million smartphones were sold last year, according to market researcher Canalys. Symbian captured 67 percent of the OS market, while Microsoft came in second at 13 percent and RIM took 10 percent.

http://www.pcworld.c...et_by_2012.html

#36 PRATOSH

PRATOSH

WINMATRIX DEVELOPER.

• 563 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 03:29 AM

why there are viruses for cell phones like nokia that too s60 3rd where there are hardly any users on it anyways

Hardly any users?

Of Symbian?

Around 118 million smartphones were sold last year, according to market researcher Canalys. Symbian captured 67 percent of the OS market, while Microsoft came in second at 13 percent and RIM took 10 percent.

http://www.pcworld.c...et_by_2012.html

cmon most of the top software companies.insurance companies,banking institutions, djs.educational institutes,space research,seti most of them use mac os x and yup windows is no 1 but yet just imagine the amount of information crackers will get to hack mac os x network and operating systems.please dont tell me no hacker ever tried doing it.its just human inquisition to hack things.because they were unsuccessful thats why people say oh well mac occupies only 10%.why to hack it.why not to hack it.but what the heck the users of mac may be carrying more vital data and information than even 50%of windows users.making viruses for a cell phone oh well what will they get ha?and tell symantec to fk off because oh well mac is hackable oh ya cmon then make an antivirus for it too,mac uses system protection not like windows where every system file can be hacked into.and well vista copied mac os x .thats why less amount of viru :devil: ses there/

#37 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Active WinMatrixian

• 903 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 03:38 AM

cmon most of the top software companies.insurance companies,banking institutions, djs.educational institutes,space research,seti most of them use mac os x

I'd LOVE to see you provide some factual backing to that comment.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy OS X much more than I do Windows, and I enjoy Linux more than both of them, but I am not blinded that OS X is this ultimate secure OS, because it is not. OS X merely enjoys the calm before the storm. Rest assured if the popularity of Windows was switched with OS X, we would see much, much more viruses and exploits of OS X.

#38 Abhi

Abhi

Geek...

• 1,113 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 07:37 AM

@PRATOSH,
Why don't you post on the Vista Bashing Thread...we could deal with you better there, since it is not what this thread was meant for.

because they were unsuccessful thats why people say oh well mac occupies only 10%

A fight based on stats. is what I love most...
April 2008 OS Usage stats show that Mac occupies only 4.6% OS market, whereas the Windows family occupies about 90%...
Source

How about getting your facts and basics right buddy!

#39 PRATOSH

PRATOSH

WINMATRIX DEVELOPER.

• 563 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 02:43 PM

@PRATOSH,
Why don't you post on the Vista Bashing Thread...we could deal with you better there, since it is not what this thread was meant for.

because they were unsuccessful thats why people say oh well mac occupies only 10%

A fight based on stats. is what I love most...
April 2008 OS Usage stats show that Mac occupies only 4.6% OS market, whereas the Windows family occupies about 90%...
Source

How about getting your facts and basics right buddy!

oh well i am not a statistician to go searching for mac has 10% or 5%.the matter is theres no viruses in the wild for mac os x.i love mac os x thats hacked by the way thanks to leo.yet its better than xp.i was swearing for xp first but not anymore.i have posted this in vista bashers"people are just demanding too much from microsoft..compare leopard and vista.apple knows thats its os cannot run on different hard drives,different manuf motherboards,different cpus oh god.leopard cannot even be properly installed on an amd.it can run only on intel.its actually not compatible with anything.plug a nokia in a mac oh well it starts searching for drivers.even the great mac os x or even steve jobs doesnt have a solution for that driver issues.mac os x limits user experiences.you cant modify mac os x 10.5.what can you do nothing in terms of modifications.you cant change even the colour of safari.they have everything in their hands.they do not care for open source.they have kept all the administarator acccess in their hands.why isnt apple sued for bundling safari and itunes like microsoft is?because even the european antitrust doesnt give a dam to apple.i tried to install leopard on pc and woh probs after probs.ha ha.they have just walked a narrow path and well have just not given a dam to customization.now look at windows.vista is stunning.you can make xp look like vista.ha ha.you can change the startbar and what not.microsoft in turn caters to well 12 or more diifferent manufactures of motherboards,graphics cards,sound cards and well even too cpu manufacturers.so all mac os x fans shut up.well your os may be the best but like strict parents or a nanny mac os x stops you everytime in customization.windows xp well is cool no doubt but vista is so much cooler.vista is like a super dam sexy gorgeous girlfriend.its demands may be high and it may ask stupid questions like a 5 year old so what atleast that girlfriend doesnt share its things with others such as hackers,etc.its yours and you can customize that girlfriend in wearing what things you want.what use is mac os x 10.5 when that super girlfriend wants to wear long skirts day after day after day and the same old top/ha.and xp is like an old used up girlfriend whom everyone know everything about it and well its kind of boring to stay in one relationship for more than 6 years right.add some spice in your life.windows xp is like a spy in your own house giving personal information about your credit cards,your personal life to hackers.so replace it and bring a hack,spy free environment thats windows vista.

This post has been edited by PRATOSH: Apr 5 2008, 01:43 AM
.yup but not anymore thanks to leo i take back everything i have said and if you want to bash me cmon give the best shot as i dont give a dam. <_<
<_<

#40 PRATOSH

PRATOSH

WINMATRIX DEVELOPER.

• 563 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 02:54 PM

cmon most of the top software companies.insurance companies,banking institutions, djs.educational institutes,space research,seti most of them use mac os x

I'd LOVE to see you provide some factual backing to that comment.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy OS X much more than I do Windows, and I enjoy Linux more than both of them, but I am not blinded that OS X is this ultimate secure OS, because it is not. OS X merely enjoys the calm before the storm. Rest assured if the popularity of Windows was switched with OS X, we would see much, much more viruses and exploits of OS X.

have you ever gone to a club ha?most of djs use macs.and well here is the facts.here read and then talk-The U.S. Army believes that diversifying its computing platforms, in part by integrating more Macs, will make it more secure against cyberattacks like the ones that occurred over the summer to the Pentagon and a number of defense contractors.

According to Forbes, the Army has quietly begun to integrate Macs into its systems. While Macs currently only make up around 20,000 of the Army's 700,000 computers, Macs are currently entering the Army at a rate of approximately 2,000 per year.

The previous barriers to Apples entering the Army have recently been overcome by Common Access Card (CAC) software development efforts by a Texas developer (CAC's are used extensively by the military) and security concerns outweighing cost concerns.
"A leaked deployment order, for instance, might reveal the path of a supply truck and the points where it could be sabotaged [...] This is information that affects the lives of soldiers and the civilians we're trying protect [...] It has to be safeguarded."

Every now and then questions rise about the security of Mac OS X. However, developments like this seem to indicate that Apple's security reputation remains positive amongst IT professionals.
always thought that the military would have developed its own OS. They seem to pour money into anything they want, so why use something some nerd developed in his garage when you can pour another $X billion into some "ultra" OS.

And as others have said, adding Macs is simply adding another layer of shielding.hackers have to learn hacking both a PC and a Mac, instead of simply a PC as before.
and oh well all those who picked on me first as i just said that mac os x unhackable see the military pics most of them use macs .cmon now even the us military has confirmed what i have said and oh us military are not noobs some here may be except me that is.

Edited by PRATOSH, 18 May 2008 - 03:04 PM.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!