Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

140M Vista licenses sold! Does it deserve it's success?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Poll: What do you think? (68 member(s) have cast votes)

Satisfied with Vista?

1. Vista is really great, and I hate Vista bashers (54 votes [77.14%])

Percentage of vote: 77.14%

2. Vista is like Windows ME to me. I'm waiting for Windows 7 (14 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

3. Windows sux, I'll soon migrate to Ubuntu (2 votes [2.86%])

Percentage of vote: 2.86%

Vote Please sign in to vote.

#1 M.Sudoku

M.Sudoku

Super Duper WinMatrixian

• 2,191 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 08:27 AM

Microsoft Corp. said Thursday that it has sold 140 million licenses of Windows Vista.

Microsoft is contented with it's sale of Vista, but are you the users really satisfied?
Please don't make it a Vista bashing thread, we already have one. My question is regarding the acceptance of Vista and the arrival of Windows 7, which is expected to be released in less than two years.

#2 Abhi

Abhi

Geek...

• 1,113 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:17 AM

Does it deserve its success? As far as i'm concerned, it surely does.

#3 j4f

j4f

Active WinMatrixian

• 482 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 12:55 PM

I like Vista, but i don't think it deserves it's success. And i've allready migrated to Ubuntu....

I didn't vote.

#4 fediaFedia

fediaFedia

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 01:00 PM

I like vista too, but I really hate the fact that it needs better hardware to perform same tasks I do on XP :(
PS I think there should be more pool options, at least a neutral one.

#5 Frylock86

Frylock86

WinMatrixian 1337

• 3,075 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 01:03 PM

I like vista too, but I really hate the fact that it needs better hardware to perform same tasks I do on XP :(
PS I think there should be more pool options, at least a neutral one.

To be honest, the same thing happend with XP too when it came out. People needed better hardware to get a better experience when upgrading from 98, 2000, or ME.

But kudos to Vista, for how much grief it gets, yes it does deserve everything it gets!

#6 rahuljin

rahuljin

Active WinMatrixian

• 664 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 02:14 PM

i like vista !!! i was really bored with xp user interface !!! vista (though its requirements are high) provided a better and quite different user interface !!! u believe it or not i am very use to vista and found it very easy to use than XP (though i have used XP more than 6 years) so i think it deserves some success definitely, if not a lot !!!

about windows 7, we can not say anything about it right now. we dont know anything about it !!! i mean the gui, the new features, stability etc. so it will be useless to compare vista to windows 7 which in its milestone stage right now !!!

Edited by rahuljin, 28 April 2008 - 02:15 PM.

#7 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 03:19 PM

i will wait for 7.

and i hope that they get rid of the aero effects, i think that is what made the hardware requirements so high.

#8 AmZer

AmZer

WinMatrixian

• 74 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 03:27 PM

i will wait for 7.

and i hope that they get rid of the aero effects, i think that is what made the hardware requirements so high.

Windows Vista is not locked with Aero. They left you the option to turn it off if you have an older computer.
Computer hardware keep getting faster and Microsoft is not going to keep making operating systems that can run on computers made in 2004 and earlier. Makes sense to me!

#9 electricshock81

electricshock81

Active WinMatrixian

• 637 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 03:41 PM

I voted for Vista, I kinda like better than XP.

#10 phoenix_abhi

phoenix_abhi

Phoenix

• 787 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 04:17 PM

I like vista but LOVE UBUNTU 8.04. It is marvellous

#11 M!W

M!W

Active WinMatrixian

• 306 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 05:15 PM

I will make Ubuntu my default OS as soon as I get this Wlan Driver fixed, in the meantime Vista is pretty nice but it is still a Windows!

#12 Frylock86

Frylock86

WinMatrixian 1337

• 3,075 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 06:11 PM

Vistas 11 pillars of failure and 140 million pillars of success:

http://community.win...of-success.aspx

#13 Freka

Freka

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,758 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 07:48 PM

Yes I am very satisfied with Vista. Much better than XP.

#14 CommonSense

CommonSense

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,620 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 08:37 PM

Yes Vista does deserve it. It was a leap for MS to take because of how many users used and still use XP, but the new features of Vista make it a great OS.

#15 Razor VinT

Razor VinT

tech savvy

• 2,164 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 01:22 AM

I'm waiting for Windows 7 too, but I can't skip Vista and stay with XP for two more years. I know Vista didn't provide all the features which people were expecting from it after watching the Longhorn demo videos.
But it's still better than XP, and equivalent to Leopard.

Edited by Razor VinT, 29 April 2008 - 01:22 AM.

#16 pakistanipower

pakistanipower

WinMatrixian

• 179 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 01:31 AM

you know ppl talk about vista as not being good with just aero effect n other effects, i imagine if they had put all the longhorn effect on it, do you guys have any idea how much ppl would be mad and pissed off, because i am guessing it would take twice the hardware aero takes today..

they were smart, with just aero ppl cry about vista being slow, imagine with longhorn..

just think..vista fan

#17 ShamusHand

ShamusHand

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,574 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 02:19 AM

In my scale of usability and reliability...

1. Windows XP - Everything works, all drivers perfect, period.
2. Ubuntu - 99% of things work, but doesn't support most of the games I play.
3. Vista - Everything works, video driver crap thanks to nVidia, so I can't play any games on it, and it's very slow at times.
4. Mac OS - Reliable, nice, fast, and lickable. Anyone want to go 1-on-1 in Halo 2?

Before anyone puts me down, I must note, this is my opinion.

Also, I understand Vista is not perfect, but I can't stand people just bashing and rehashing the same points over and over about Vista...

And one thing I want to point out to everyone: EVERY OS SUCKS. Period. There is no perfect OS, and there probably never will be. Why? As soon as the 'perfect OS' is released, everyone will start using like they use Windows now. All of the computer illiterate idiots who don't know what it means to defrag a HD will start crapping it up, and then another OS that claim to be better and rescue them from their own stupidity, and the cycle will start over again.

Linux: Will never become mainstream. People hate terminals. No matter how nice the GUI becomes or how stable or reliable or perfect it becomes, people can't handle a terminal.

Windows: Actually a really good OS, especially XP. But it really takes a retard to get a BSOD. I have three computers in my house, never got a single BSOD since Windows 95.

Mac: Goddamn I hate Macs. Don't get me wrong, it's great and all, but they act like they're all the freaking messiah of computers. I tried it, and even though it looks sexy as hell, it feels like it was made for retards. And they're so damn snobby about their amazing closed OS... And yes, MACS CRASH.

Sorry if I hurt anyone. Just had to vent my though about this pointless OS war that everyone in this community insists on dragging on and on...

#18 Razor VinT

Razor VinT

tech savvy

• 2,164 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 03:02 AM

3. Vista - Everything works, video driver crap thanks to nVidia, so I can't play any games on it, and it's very slow at times.

Which game you can't play? Everything works fine for me.

#19 ShamusHand

ShamusHand

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,574 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 03:53 AM

Halo 2... It works fine under Windows XP (but no Xbox Live)... Under Vista the driver is horrible, my machine almost chokes under the lowest settings. :no:

#20 xaznx2345

xaznx2345

WinMatrixian

• 136 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 04:00 AM

Numbers don't really tell the whole story, (it does say something about what Microsoft is doing) most people only get it because it's new and fresh.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!