Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Calling on all Vista bashers...Bring It ON!!!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
166 replies to this topic

#1 Abhi

Abhi

Geek...

• 1,113 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 05:58 AM

Lately, there have been Vista vs XP flames in almost every other thread.

So i though of calling on all Vista bashers...and lets see what they've got!
Everyone is welcome...who supports Vista or bashes it.

Try giving arguments that count...and lets see who comes out better!

And all those who support/like Vista, come on guys, lets do it one more time.

So, go ahead Vista bashers...take the first stance! Lets have FUN!

#2 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 06:53 AM

Lately, there have been Vista vs XP flames in almost every other thread.

So i though of calling on all Vista bashers...and lets see what they've got!
Everyone is welcome...who supports Vista or bashes it.

Try giving arguments that count...and lets see who comes out better!

And all those who support/like Vista, come on guys, lets do it one more time.

So, go ahead Vista bashers...take the first stance! Lets have FUN!

LOL! I really wouldn't do that if I was you. Especially since Vista SP1 and XP SP3 have came out. Clearly showing XP is the dominate with speed and compatibility and security if you know how to protect your PC well.

Enjoy Vista, but I wouldn't go around saying it's better than other OSes like Microsoft does when clearly it's not.

here's a great site -> http://www.techsideu...than-vista-sp1/

I'm not going to fight with you because I don't have the energy to do it right now.

I'd think Microsoft would have been better off adding the new features to XP and redeveloping Windows Defender into a Virus and Spam protector. That would give Microsoft an OS it's been looking for and more. XP is great and would be even better with a new look and more features. Why start over when you have a masterpiece to build on?

Edited by yanike, 03 April 2008 - 07:01 AM.

#3 Abhi

Abhi

Geek...

• 1,113 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 07:18 AM

Well...see...i just did it...and i didn't do it to step back!

Using your own lines, if you know how to use your PC well, Vista is far better than any other OS...and it has been proven by the growing adaptability of Vista.

and ya, if I clearly remember...weren't you the one "praising" vista like anything some months back...and then moved to leopard to be so "fascinated" by it...correct me if i'm wrong! wow...watching you change opinions like this was so entertaining.

Why start over when you have a masterpiece to build on?

Ever heard of Applicatioon Lifecycle Management (ALM)???
i hope you know that every software has a fixed lifecycle...so do operating systems.
You just can't go on building new features on the same kernel...
If this wasn't the case, hadn't they improved windows 9x and implemented features of XP on it???
Why the need of new OS every few years?

and Ohh.. i never expected such arguments from someone knowledgeable like you. :no: but then.......

#4 yanike

yanike

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 07:21 AM

Well...see...i just did it...and i didn't do it to step back!

Using your own lines, if you know how to use your PC well, Vista is far better than any other OS...and it has been proven by the growing adaptability of Vista.

and ya, if I clearly remember...weren't you the one "praising" vista like anything some months back...and then moved to leopard to be so "fascinated" by it...correct me if i'm wrong! wow...watching you change opinions like this was so entertaining.

OK. I can see you like to start battles. Hmm... I liked Vista when it first came out. Then after using it I found out that things ran better on XP. So I went back to XP, then after missing some of the new features (NOT SPEED OF THE OPERATING SYSTEM OR STABILITY OF IT) JUST THE FEATURES, I went back to it. Then I used Ubuntu, Linux you know the OS that crushes MS OSes, I start to like that. Then I realized that I could do much productivity with some programs, so I moved back to Windows. NOT BECAUSE OF THE OS STABILILTY OR SECURITY which is worthless, because they have more companies that make programs for them. Then I installed MAC (THE BEST OS ON THE EARTH). Which I'm planning on going back to soon. The only reason I left Mac alone because it's not made for PC and you have to do things to make it work.

Even though it wasn't made for PC it still BEATS THE LIVING CRAP OUT OF WINDOWS in SPEED, SECURITY AND STABILITY.

XP is a better OS than Vista. Linux is better than both. All that Linux needs is more commerical programs and Windows would be no more.

My opinion changes when I notice the truth about things. I was taken by Vista looks and MS hype, but after all the fireworks, bells and whistles I saw the truth of Vista. That it's nothing but an OS that buggy and needs a beautiful look and an Alien space craft to make it look and work normal.

Edited by yanike, 03 April 2008 - 07:21 AM.

#5 Abhi

Abhi

Geek...

• 1,113 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 07:35 AM

XP is a better OS than Vista. Linux is better than both. All that Linux needs is more commerical programs and Windows would be no more.

Hmmm....is it just me, or so many people believe in statistics?

When was the last time you checked the percentage of people (who use computers) using various OSes?
May be now you could justify why Windows has always rocked!
and the installation numbers of Vista...the second most popular OS ever...what about that? isn't it on its way to most installations within just 1-2 years?

OK. I can see you like to start battles.

No no...not me...nah!
I only get into battles if i find people like you who could really give some good arguments...not like kaironxp, who start bashing just for the sake of it.
This is the whole reason i came up with this thread, just to have some healthy discussion...personally i have nothing against XP...its great, i've used it a lot for almost 5 years and still love it...but you see, its time to move on!

And you see, so many views to this topic, and then too its just the two of us arguing...people really dont have valid arguments anymore it seems.

#6 yanike

yanike

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 08:05 AM

Hmmm....is it just me, or so many people believe in statistics?

When was the last time you checked the percentage of people (who use computers) using various OSes?
May be now you could justify why Windows has always rocked!
and the installation numbers of Vista...the second most popular OS ever...what about that? isn't it on its way to most installations within just 1-2 years?

OK. I can see you like to start battles.

No no...not me...nah!
I only get into battles if i find people like you who could really give some good arguments...not like kaironxp, who start bashing just for the sake of it.
This is the whole reason i came up with this thread, just to have some healthy discussion...personally i have nothing against XP...its great, i've used it a lot for almost 5 years and still love it...but you see, its time to move on!

And you see, so many views to this topic, and then too its just the two of us arguing...people really dont have valid arguments anymore it seems.

I understand you don't like people hating on new OSes and ones you pick. You can't really go off of the statistics sometimes. Especially the one where how many people use it. Windows is widely known in the World, but it doesn't give them the credit that they are the best OS. Also, it's not good to see people returning to a previous OS when a company has had so many years to achieve a better one. Microsoft has the company support from others to be great, but they fail to give what we call stable and better OS. If Windows ran like Unix and had the backing from companies to make software for them like they do now, I would be completely for Vista and cheering like I never have before. Still, I don't see that happening.

The way I see it is this... Vista looks great and has the best features yet (For Windows that is, Linux, Mac and others users have already seen their new features). Over all, the new features and look only keeps you with it for so long until you find out that the one you had before was better. It's like having the best girlfriend ever and a new girl comes along with a hotter look and more goods, but underneath it all, she's trash.

I would like to say that Vista would be awesome in the next 2 years like XP, but then again Vista will be no more when the newer OS comes out. Which means Vista will probably not ever show the strengths that XP has now. Only the newer OS hopefully will make users, drop XP completely and never look back. Then again Microsoft might be having problems from the Linux world taking over on PCs.

Bottom line_
No OS is perfect and no matter what you use, you will always need something from the other, because no matter what, something is going to come along to make life easier and you will need it to feel better and move on.

Edited by yanike, 03 April 2008 - 08:11 AM.

#7 vD3stroyiR(666)

vD3stroyiR(666)

Dekwul

• 696 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 08:27 AM

It's fun to watch you guys go at it! :D
Intellect is a key in war and it looks like both of you know how to use it well! :lol:

I use XP and Vista so am really passive on this subject. I really don't have much experience with any other OS (MACOS, Linux, Ubuntu, etc.) to bring those up as a center to my complaints.

Sorry... :(

As good sportsmanship to this thread I'll begin with:
Vista is far greater than any OS to date due to it's hardware needs... Sure some say a need for more powerful hardware is a downfall to any OS. What Vista does is step computer needs a little further, or as mentioned repeatedly, "Next Generation Computing". OS X can do this too, but who says it has to be the only option out there!?

Above all, Vista is one of those transition OSes, much like WinME... Here to preoccupy customer needs as they transition from one major OS to another. In this case, XP to "7". OR! A step to early into "The future"! (Not sure what I meant by that... :( )

Not very good with the debating. :P

Love Vista. Great OS! If I have to move on, I won't argue.

EDIT:

Yeah, that's true... The only computer company I know of to TV broadcast their products are Apple.
Every other lives by popular demand. (Except for Zune, off topic. Ignore this comment, please. :D)

Edited by ahol8191, 03 April 2008 - 08:40 AM.

#8 Jatin

Jatin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,867 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 10:18 AM

It can become a valuable thread if you keep it informative and abstained from being illogical and bashing.
Respect the personal opinions of others and give your comments with reasons.

I won't like any quarrel over here.

#9 Abhi

Abhi

Geek...

• 1,113 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 11:18 AM

Yes Jatin, that was the sole, although indirect purpose of starting this thread.
That's why I mentioned about worthy arguments, not just worthless bashing in the very first post.

#10 Massy

Massy

WinMatrixian

• 121 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 12:17 PM

With vista and My Hp pavillion i forgotten what is "blue Screen of Death"
with vista i forgot to install an antivirus
With vista i have finally a decent Graphic UI without install 1 thousand progs and customizations.
With Vista i can Synchronize my Xbox 360 in a blink of an eye.
With Vista all my Softwares works well.

Xp could be much faster yeah... but....
spyware...trojans... virus...hijack....OMG
i really dont want to go back install twenty thousand software for clean all that shitty things.

in this point of view vista is more like an Apple product.

Vista is For Everyone. also for the peaples that dont know what a VIRUS is or a TRojan can do.
Xp is for the geeks like Us (yeah i am a system administrator in a company) that know how to do things beyond the UI.

Now that i use Vista... i forgot also what is Format every 6 Months Beacause f Slowdowns .
vista defragmentation and a weekly registry clean and my system runs better than the first time.

i Simply Use Vista Because ITS SiMPLY WORK and i dont have t mind of virus firewalls ecc ecc.
Just like an apple computer.

for me Vista its more than a step ahead from Xp.
my 2 cents.

Edited by Massy, 03 April 2008 - 12:18 PM.

#11 bennec83

bennec83

New WinMatrixian

• 25 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 12:24 PM

PEOPLE WHO BASH OPERATING SYSTEMS ARE THE COMPUTER EQUIVALENT OF RACISTS!!!

HERE IS THE SITUATION IN REAL TERMS SO ALL YOU BASHERS AND OSX FAGGOTS CAN SEE IT:

Main Event = CanSecWest Security Conference

Systems Attacked:

* VAIO VGN-TZ37CN running Ubuntu 7.10
* Fujitsu U810 running Vista Ultimate SP1
* MacBook Air running OSX 10.5.2

For all you XP lovers notice that they didnt even bother trying to hack XP as it has been done so many times before

Results:

OSX lasted 2 mins at CanSecWest security conference

Vista lasted 2 days and was ot done by an ADOBE flaw (Not a vista flaw)

Linux wasnt managed in the 3 day period, but the flaw the killed Vista could have been tweaked to attack any or the systems

this is all the info i need!!

STAY AWAY from OSX (it sucks anyway, no software or games only good for people in media/graphics sector)

Linux is the best other than the fact software i use will not run in unix/linux

XP is getting phased out, so only silly people would try to keep it alive - its kind of like genetic cleansing but with computers - regardless of ANYONE'S opinion M$ are getting rid of XP SOON, so why try to delay the inevitable? you cant challenge M$ (Unfortunatey)

Vista - Will suffer the same fate as XP in 2011-2013 - Windows 7 is getting released in 2010 (apparently) so if the same thing happens Vista will be gone 1 or 2 years later

#12 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 12:24 PM

Well, i'd say microsoft pulled off vista very nicely.

I'd also say that vista's areo is alot more prettier and cooler than Mac's aqua.

However, Mac OSX is alot more pleasant than Vista, because OSX is really fast, and alot less problematic. (no system 32 for you!)

...but I dare say vista is the best operating system microsoft has ever made. yes, I do have alot of complaints against vista, but you simply have got to admit that vista does things right.

Overall, i'm sticking to my mac. Everything just loads amazingly fast. I'm not sure what apple did to make Leopard fly off the shelves, but obviously, apple did it right. And OSX deserves to sell. Even my sister is impressed with my MacBook.

#13 Johnnyboy

Johnnyboy

Drake

• 1,212 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 01:06 PM

...but I dare say vista is the best operating system microsoft has ever made. yes, I do have alot of complaints against vista, but you simply have got to admit that vista does things right.

You are right. Vista is the most stable Windows till now. And don't forget about DirectX 10. You all will have to upgrade to Vista sooner or later to play games with DirectX 10, not only for good visuals but for better performance also.

#14 G-Prime

G-Prime

New WinMatrixian

• 18 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 01:49 PM

Woah, This is all realy interesting..well ill put in my 2 cents here, I wish we could all just come together and make one operating system. Like if it wasnt for money,Media ,Power etc... We probably could and just make one OS with great security, features , low pc requirements and all games would work on that OS.

Now don't get me wrong i know that will probably never ever happen but it would be cool am I right ??. As for me i like all the OS`s, Mac , Xp ,Vista , Linux i used all of them except i didn't get to use mac that much, But im working on that.

Overall it is good i find to have a variety of different operating systems and i wont say witch one i like better cause i don't want to contribute to this war and i respect everyone`s opinion but really if i think about i don't like one in specific they all have there up`s and downs.

#15 j4f

j4f

Active WinMatrixian

• 482 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 02:07 PM

Well, the only thing i can say about vista is that:
I've never had Vista, but I've seen more BSOD's on Vista than XP. FACT. (And, the first time a saw Vista, was after the RTM release)

And now, I'm gonna be attacked from all you Vista fanboys. But it's just my experience, pure fact, no personal opinions.

#16 Abhi

Abhi

Geek...

• 1,113 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 02:47 PM

I've never had Vista, but I've seen more BSOD's on Vista than XP. FACT. (And, the first time a saw Vista, was after the RTM release)

And now, I'm gonna be attacked from all you Vista fanboys. But it's just my experience, pure fact, no personal opinions.

Since you've never had Vista, there's no use "attacking" you...you have no hands on experience.
I'm using Vista since its Beta days...and there's just been BSOD once...that too even due to installing Alcohol 120% on it, which was not meant for it back then.
And even before BSOD, Vista warned me that the device was incompatible with Vista Beta, but I went ahead.

I hope you know that BSOD are caused by malfunctioning of hardware rather than software, and the memory dump is caused by the OS to save your data and OS from crashing, That is what BSOD is for....and Vista handles it pretty well....
Wait a minute, are you trying to tell that XP never gave BSODs??? :woot:

Moreover, for over 18 months of heavy usage as of today, Vista has never frozen or hung on me...and that's why i trust it.

#17 j4f

j4f

Active WinMatrixian

• 482 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 03:09 PM

Not never, just not that many.

I've seen 4-5 BSOD's on Vista. And 2 on XP.

The XP BSOD's where software related.
But those i've seen on Vista, i think they are hardware related. Because they just crashed (multiple machines on different occasions), with no reason.

And about having a Vista computer. I've just ordered a MSI VR201. (With Vista Home Premium). And i'm not gonna install XP on it (but i will install Ubuntu).

Vista is the future (of windows), that's a fact i have to live with.

Edited by j4f, 03 April 2008 - 03:10 PM.

#18 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Active WinMatrixian

• 903 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 03:24 PM

Since you've never had Vista, there's no use "attacking" you...you have no hands on experience.
I'm using Vista since its Beta days...and there's just been BSOD once...that too even due to installing Alcohol 120% on it, which was not meant for it back then.
And even before BSOD, Vista warned me that the device was incompatible with Vista Beta, but I went ahead.

I hope you know that BSOD are caused by malfunctioning of hardware rather than software, and the memory dump is caused by the OS to save your data and OS from crashing, That is what BSOD is for....and Vista handles it pretty well....

Moreover, for over 18 months of heavy usage as of today, Vista has never frozen or hung on me...and that's why i trust it.

I always find it amusing how people can say..."Ive never used "insert product" but I know it sucks."

I've seen people with broken XP, broken Vista, broken Linux, broken OS X. I've seen em all crash. I've used them all. I didn't have those problems. None of them sucked.

Users suck, the OSes are fine.

#19 Rich246

Rich246

What's a Member Title?

• 429 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 03:32 PM

not here to fight... just saying that overall I have noticed vista is better than xp it has more features and acts better...

Now where is Karioxp when you need them :P

#20 PRATOSH

PRATOSH

WINMATRIX DEVELOPER.

• 563 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 03:41 PM

vista is rock solid.no blue screen,no yellow screen or no red screen of death.ha ha.vista is safe.but antivirus companies well potray vista as unsafe just to earn cash.it is better then xp though it can be buggy as vista asks for administrator access even to install alcohol.anyways i have vista and waiting for the king of kings the next os thats windows 7.please microsoft dont delay windows 7 and bill gates please come back to microsoft as its chairman and save the world later and spend your money later and sack ballmer .he is no good.and if you do want to spend ,spend it on me.woh.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!