Photo
- - - - -

Trillian or Miranda ?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
51 replies to this topic

Poll: For whome you will vote and why? (103 member(s) have cast votes)

For whome you will vote and why?

1. Trillian (55 votes [73.33%])

Percentage of vote: 73.33%

2. Miranda (20 votes [26.67%])

Percentage of vote: 26.67%

Vote

#41 Infest

Infest

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 06:43 AM

i've just downloaded Trillian but i haven't use it jet
my friend told me it's the best right now, so i'll go for it!

#42 HingVista

HingVista

Super WinMatrixian

• News Poster
  • 2,645 posts

Posted 30 January 2005 - 11:14 AM

Miranda is the only real competitor of Trillian

#43 Blankwire

Blankwire

Whale?

• 257 posts

Posted 30 January 2005 - 02:48 PM

Miranda is the only real competitor of Trillian

There's also GIM (Global Instant Messenger), but it's terrible. :no:

EDIT: Forgot about GAIM. But it's not very good either. :(

Edited by Blankwire, 30 January 2005 - 03:20 PM.

#44 syntax010

syntax010

vintage gamer junkie

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 08:18 PM

It's hard to choose. There are so many multi chat programs out there now. Miranda and Gaim both have issues but are developing nicely. IM2 is one that i've tried and like a lot, but it still needs some fairly major updates and improvements. Trillian 3.1 is pretty cool, but I find most users, like myself, prefer the last Pro version of Trillian 2.x because Trillian 3.x breaks skins and plug-ins that a lot of people really enjoy using. The one thing that I have to say I really DON'T like about Trillian is how buggy it is making direct connections on AIM. However, i've yet to find any multi IM client that does that well. Blame AOL for that one, they keep going out of their way to change their service so you MUST use AIM to chat on it.

#45 Benji

Benji

Active WinMatrixian

• 816 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 08:50 PM

It's hard to choose. There are so many multi chat programs out there now. Miranda and Gaim both have issues but are developing nicely. IM2 is one that i've tried and like a lot, but it still needs some fairly major updates and improvements. Trillian 3.1 is pretty cool, but I find most users, like myself, prefer the last Pro version of Trillian 2.x because Trillian 3.x breaks skins and plug-ins that a lot of people really enjoy using. The one thing that I have to say I really DON'T like about Trillian is how buggy it is making direct connections on AIM. However, i've yet to find any multi IM client that does that well. Blame AOL for that one, they keep going out of their way to change their service so you MUST use AIM to chat on it.

you do know that this thread was started LAST YEAR and the last post was like 5 months ago

dont bring up old topics

#46 Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Active WinMatrixian

• 544 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 10:16 PM

Miranda all the way....it's very hard to set up, but once you get it, you can make it look ANYWAY you want...it's a lot better than Trillian and use MUCH less resource...most people don't like it because they play around for 5 minutes and just delet it...but it's actually very very good

#47 Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Active WinMatrixian

• 544 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 10:17 PM

you do know that this thread was started LAST YEAR and the last post was like 5 months ago

dont bring up old topics

it could still contribut to the community...

#48 Sonntex

Sonntex

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 10:00 AM

Trillian 3.1.121 pro (Y) (Y) (Y)

#49 Power User Z

Power User Z

Z

• 1,595 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 11:11 AM

dont bring up old topics

it could still contribut to the community...

This thread is an year old so we should have a new poll

#50 echo419

echo419

WinMatrixian

• 55 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 07:44 PM

my votes for tillian the UI and the prog feels nice..the only con in it is the startup time takes a bit of tie.....used miranda for a long time but there are basic annoyances in the ui

#51 i1o0i

i1o0i

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 09:23 PM

I've tried GAIM, Trillian, Miranda IM, and IM2.. IM2 is worse software I ever seen.. It doesnt impress me at all and its need alot to work on. GAIM is interesting and easier to use but myself, I really like to mod a lot and customize skin for some program so I will stick with gaim if there's possible mod or skin for gaim. Miranda does impress me which its small, minimal and very easier to use and very customize but there only few feature need to work on and update latest AIM server which I have notice there still TOC Oscar on Miranda IM. Trillian is my personal favorite which currently using Trillian 3.0 build 967 but I have notice there's some IM connection problem which happen often on 3.1, so I voted trillian for my favorite personal use. :)

Edited by i1o0i, 07 August 2005 - 09:26 PM.

#52 Jatin

Jatin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,867 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 04:06 AM

A new poll is here

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!