Funny, where'd you get those apps? I dont have them on My Vista SP1

#23 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Active WinMatrixian

• 903 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 03:09 AM

Funny, where'd you get those apps? I dont have them on My Vista SP1

They are Windows 2.03 applications.

Edited by adrynalyne, 02 April 2008 - 03:10 AM.

#24 Darthyoda3

Darthyoda3

ThƎ Unknown

• 260 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 03:34 AM

To all that say XP Rocks: youre all passing one fact over...

Vista uses DX10 (better gfx)
and XP uses DX9!

no shit xp will have better results, the graphical quality is less and therefore the cards arent put under as must stress...

but w/e i moved on from XP a while back and ill never rever to that... its like going back in time... never.

whoa...... thats incredible.... to bad i already had to get a new computer that already had vista lol, but i like vista better anyway so :P

#25 paradoxvisor

paradoxvisor

New WinMatrixian

• 14 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 04:56 AM

sure vista is good , shell down big bucks for performance that you could have bought in cheaper hardware or with your existing hardware. ppl wake up , yes i understand vista is good with visuals ,now don't tell me its good with games . think of it this way if you had the hardware that you use for a normal vista home premium system and had xp or any other os as a matter of fact , you'd run the same games far more better then in vista and in high settings .

i know os's need time to get it right even xp had too but if it is bloated to the core what can you do it , but leave it , look for alternatives .i see ppl talking about dx 10 ,have you heard there ppl that are working to get that dx 10 to work in xp too .

#26 Abhi

Abhi

Geek...

• 1,113 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 06:01 AM

sure vista is good , shell down big bucks for performance that you could have bought in cheaper hardware or with your existing hardware. ppl wake up , yes i understand vista is good with visuals ,now don't tell me its good with games . think of it this way if you had the hardware that you use for a normal vista home premium system and had xp or any other os as a matter of fact , you'd run the same games far more better then in vista and in high settings .

i know os's need time to get it right even xp had too but if it is bloated to the core what can you do it , but leave it , look for alternatives .i see ppl talking about dx 10 ,have you heard there ppl that are working to get that dx 10 to work in xp too .

Wow...here comes another Vista basher!!! Great, i was waiting for you so desparately...as i was sick & tired of kaironxp's baseless & lame arguments....i seriously hope you have something better to say.
Bring it on buddy....see you there...http://www.winmatrix.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17707

#27 M.Sudoku

M.Sudoku

Super Duper WinMatrixian

• 2,191 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 04:58 AM

The test results from Adrian Kingsley-Hughes's blog:

Posted Image

Only COD4, F.E.A.R. and Oblivion perform better on Vista.

Edited by M.Sudoku, 03 May 2008 - 04:58 AM.

#28 xAce0fSpadeZx

xAce0fSpadeZx

x1nS4n3x

• 20 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 05:32 PM

But alot of games and programs aren't ready for Vista yet either. I have vista, looking to duel boot XP, until they tweak Vista up better :)

my point is,

GO XP!! :woot:

#29 orcus

orcus

Active WinMatrixian

• 714 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 05:39 PM

Use a real OS ... use Linux...

#30 M.Sudoku

M.Sudoku

Super Duper WinMatrixian

• 2,191 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 06:36 PM

@xAce0fSpadeZx
Can you tell me a single game or program whose latest version isn't compatible with Vista?

#31 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Active WinMatrixian

• 903 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:48 PM

This comment would probably have been more fitting in a non-gaming thread.... :rolleyes:

As it stands in this context, that was one heck of a stupid comment.

#32 The Silent Warrior

The Silent Warrior

Got Orange Stars?

• 2,574 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 06:23 PM

I shall never be able to understand why he mentioned the word "Linux" in a gaming performance thread. :lol:

#33 M!W

M!W

Active WinMatrixian

• 306 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 06:45 PM

Well, you can run Games with Linux, but that is something more complicated in most cases because of the DirectX.

But why do you guys always conflict about XP and Vista? Windows should be completely replanned and rebuild but that is not going to happen! They should be ashamed that it is normal to use an Antivirus on their OS but this has gotten usual to Windows users so better argue about that and not is Xp better than Vista or is Vista better than XP.

Who cares? Both are unsecure!

#34 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Active WinMatrixian

• 903 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 09:50 PM

Well, you can run Games with Linux, but that is something more complicated in most cases because of the DirectX.

But why do you guys always conflict about XP and Vista? Windows should be completely replanned and rebuild but that is not going to happen! They should be ashamed that it is normal to use an Antivirus on their OS but this has gotten usual to Windows users so better argue about that and not is Xp better than Vista or is Vista better than XP.

Place OS X into the position of marketshare that Windows has, and watch viruses and malware flock to it, to the point that both antispyware and antivirus will need to be run...

Same with Linux.

The a-holes that design this garbage target where the most damage is done, and if its not Windows, then its not popular enough to pay attention to.

That said, OS X is not terribly secure out of the box. Incorrectly configured Linux is just as bad as Windows. THe worst security risk to an OS is not the OS itself, but the idiot user behind the keyboard.

Edited by adrynalyne, 09 May 2008 - 09:51 PM.

#35 M!W

M!W

Active WinMatrixian

• 306 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 04:05 PM

Place OS X into the position of marketshare that Windows has, and watch viruses and malware flock to it, to the point that both antispyware and antivirus will need to be run...

Same with Linux.

The a-holes that design this garbage target where the most damage is done, and if its not Windows, then its not popular enough to pay attention to.

That said, OS X is not terribly secure out of the box. Incorrectly configured Linux is just as bad as Windows. THe worst security risk to an OS is not the OS itself, but the idiot user behind the keyboard.

that is definately not true!

You didn't work on any *nix system right? If you had you had noticed that you have to put you admin password in if you wan't to do anything that goes deeper in the System. So if a program that is stored in your temp-directory asks you for admistrative privileges, than you should notice that because it shows you the path to the program.

Ok, if you login as root than you have a more insecure OS than Windows but that is disabled in the most *nix systems so this is no problem. :whistle:

But I didn't want to start another OS-War-Tread but I wanted to mention that Windows is in both Versions too insecure, that is a fact nobody can't deny! :devil:

#36 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Active WinMatrixian

• 903 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 04:37 PM

Same with Linux.

that is definately not true!

You didn't work on any *nix system right? If you had you had noticed that you have to put you admin password in if you wan't to do anything that goes deeper in the System. So if a program that is stored in your temp-directory asks you for admistrative privileges, than you should notice that because it shows you the path to the program.

Ok, if you login as root than you have a more insecure OS than Windows but that is disabled in the most *nix systems so this is no problem. :whistle:

But I didn't want to start another OS-War-Tread but I wanted to mention that Windows is in both Versions too insecure, that is a fact nobody can't deny! :devil:

I've been using nix for the last two years. You? Because it sounds like to me that you are limiting your experience to Noobuntu. Root most certainly is NOT disabled on most nix systems.

*Thinks back to the hack contest where OS X fell first*

Anyway...once again, any improperly setup OS is insecure.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!