Windows Vista SP1 RTM Released

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP

• 529 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 04:42 PM

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) is an update to Windows Vista that addresses feedback from our customers. In addition to previously released updates, SP1 will contain changes focused on addressing specific reliability, performance, and compatibility issues; supporting new types of hardware; and adding support for several emerging standards.

SP1 also will continue to make it easier for IT administrators to deploy and manage Windows Vista. Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Five Language Standalone version can be installed on systems with any of the following language versions: English (US), French, German, Japanese, or Spanish (Traditional).

Download Vista SP1 Standalone Installer Here

Get Vista SP1 From Windows Update.

Read the overview of Windows Vista SP1

Read the Deployment Guide for Windows Vista SP1

Things to Know Before you Download Windows Vista SP1

#2 Johnnyboy

Johnnyboy

Drake

• 1,212 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 05:32 PM

Downloading now.... :woot:

#3 parry

parry

Active WinMatrixian

• 710 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 06:18 PM

My windows update isn't bringing it up?

#4 Burned Phoenix

Burned Phoenix

WinMatrix Addict

• News Poster
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 06:33 PM

There are total three threads regarding SP1 here. I hope any of the moderator would merger them all in one.

#5 ThunderROM

ThunderROM

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,637 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 06:40 PM

"The download size from Windows Update of Windows Vista SP1 for x86 is 65 MB (compared to 450 MB from the Microsoft Download Center)."

How come? Does the standalone installer have all the updates as have been released till date?

#6 Rich246

Rich246

What's a Member Title?

• 429 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 07:03 PM

I JUST got mine to show after 10 tries :lol: ... good luck :D

Posted ImagePosted Image

No hacks no strings attached :P

This just seems to good to be true

#7 lareeth

lareeth

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,169 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 07:05 PM

Vista SP1 x32: Link
Vista SP1 x64: Link

#8 Blake Pender

Blake Pender

Microsoft IT Professional

• 363 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 07:06 PM

So, this is great news, The rumour was correct, Microsoft reached their 'Mid-March' Goal

Well Done Microsoft :D

#9 Rich246

Rich246

What's a Member Title?

• 429 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 07:10 PM

Here is another pic

Posted Image

:D

#10 The Silent Warrior

The Silent Warrior

Got Orange Stars?

• 2,574 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 07:35 PM

Finally! :D

#11 parry

parry

Active WinMatrixian

• 710 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 07:37 PM

I JUST got mine to show after 10 tries :lol: ... good luck :D

Posted ImagePosted Image

No hacks no strings attached :P

This just seems to good to be true

I give up lol, will try in the morning.

Edited by parry, 18 March 2008 - 07:48 PM.

#12 Optimal Vista

Optimal Vista

Got No Orange Stars!

• 195 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 07:58 PM

i wont be able to update my vista ultimate rite?

#13 Rich246

Rich246

What's a Member Title?

• 429 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 08:04 PM

Yes, you should be able to mine is Home Premium

#14 TheGreenMan

TheGreenMan

GreenMan

• 1,635 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 10:09 PM

If you can't see Vista SP1 on Windows Update, that's because you haven't installed all the prerequisite packages you need for Vista SP1. To install them, visit the Windows Update control panel and click on "check for updates."

Here are some more reasons:
  • You are already running Windows Vista SP1.
  • Windows Vista SP1 has not been released for the language of the language pack that you have installed.
  • Windows Service Pack Blocker Tool is used to block the delivery of Windows Vista SP1 from Automatic Updates or from Windows Update.
  • You tried to install Windows Vista SP1, and the installation failed with a known inconsistency in the file or registry structure.
  • A hardware device driver or device software was problematic when you updated to Windows Vista SP1.
  • The Windows Update service can detect the small set of device drivers and software that falls into this category. The Windows Update service will not offer Windows Vista SP1 until an update for the hardware device driver or the device software has been installed.
  • You have installed a prerelease version of Windows Vista SP1, and you must uninstall the prerelease version, or start with a new installation of Windows Vista.
  • You used the third-party program vLite to configure the system, and you may have removed required system components that have to be available for Windows Vista SP1 to be installed.

Edited by TheGreenMan, 18 March 2008 - 10:10 PM.

#15 orcus

orcus

Active WinMatrixian

• 714 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 12:01 AM

I wonder how many Vista haters are downloading it right now...and how many are going to critized it tomorrow in this site...

#16 Darthyoda3

Darthyoda3

ThƎ Unknown

• 260 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 12:33 AM

it wont come up on windows update for me either :( ill just try it tomarow

#17 BinaryChaos

BinaryChaos

WinMatrixian

• 169 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 12:44 AM

<_< Its not going to show up on anybodies windows update window because you probably have drivers installed that aren't compatible with sp1. Yeah thats right windows update checks the kind of drivers you have and determines if yours is compatible and if its not it won't show up until you download the latest drivers. Best thing to do is go to the microsoft website and download the file if you're impatient with your manufacturers timing in posting an updated driver:

http://www.microsoft...;DisplayLang=en

#18 Dustin

Dustin

WinMatrixian

• 50 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 02:18 AM

I think I'm having the same problem as before...once I update to SP1 I can't connect to the internet. Device Manager shows no errors, it just doesn't connect to the internet.

I guess my network card driver isn't supported yet...any ideas?

#19 Panarchy

Panarchy

WinMatrixian

• 202 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 02:33 AM

Thanks, thought this was out for a while though... all well... *download SP1*

EDIT: Showed up in Windows Update :P

Edited by Panarchy, 19 March 2008 - 02:33 AM.

#20 grafx1

grafx1

WinMatrixian

• 231 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 07:20 AM

I think I'm having the same problem as before...once I update to SP1 I can't connect to the internet. Device Manager shows no errors, it just doesn't connect to the internet.

I guess my network card driver isn't supported yet...any ideas?

in my case, event viewer showing a lot of delays in standby and resuming of certain drivers after installing SP1 !!!
take a look at event viewer:

app. & service logs > Microsoft > windows:
at the end of the list there are events for wired and wireless lan, read the log you may find something...

EDIT: MS said that you can uninstall the driver causing problem then reinstall it again
try it.

((Some Windows Vista users may encounter an issue with a small set of hardware devices that may not function properly after updating a Windows Vista PC to Windows Vista SP1. This is an issue with the way the device drivers were re-installed during the Windows Vista SP1 update process, not with the drivers themselves—these drivers worked on Windows Vista RTM and they work on Windows Vista SP1. This problem is typically corrected by simply uninstalling and reinstalling the driver.))

Edited by grafx1, 19 March 2008 - 09:17 AM.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!