• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

#1 Ultimate John

Ultimate John

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,808 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 06:36 PM

Posted Image

Microsoft has finally confirmed Windows 7 release for 2010. Those who have decided to skip Vista and still using Windows XP, they will have to wait for two more years. :P

Softpedia: Microsoft has confirmed that Windows 7 is right on track for release in 2010. Concomitantly with the leaked details associated with Windows 7 Milestone 1 dropped by the Redmond company to select partners in January 2008, a potential timetable for the availability of the successor of Windows Vista was also made public. According to the leaked information on the next iteration of the Windows platform, having just reached M1, the final version of Windows 7 was to be wrapped up the end of 2009.

Officially, the Redmond company has only been saying that Windows 7 development would take an estimated three-year timeframe. However, Microsoft always failed to specify the moment when the three-year timeframe started. The debut of Windows 7 development was indeed connected with the release of Windows Vista, but this aspect only contributed to the confusion because the latest Windows client was launched to businesses in November 2006 and to the general public in January 2007. So in this context, the finalization of Windows 7 could just as easily be aimed for the end of 2009, as well as 2010.

#2 Blake Pender

Blake Pender

Microsoft IT Professional

• 363 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 07:37 PM

Thanks for the news :D

Lets hope they can wrap up '7' and give it a good name :D

#3 pm_41

pm_41

CS student

• 1,394 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 07:47 PM

I'm kinda curious if Windows "7" will just be another Vista with a new UI...

#4 Decifer

Decifer

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 07:47 PM

Wait, how does this screenshot help? Is it a screenshot of the new OS? And if so, why does it look like Vista's Aero interface. Just wondering...

#5 Ultimate John

Ultimate John

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,808 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 07:54 PM

@Decifer, that's the screenshot of Windows 7 Milestone 1 which was leaked last month. This is just a first build that's why it looks same like Vista. MS designing team hasn't started working on new GUI yet.

#6 Culprit

Culprit

I live my life a quarter mile at a time.

• 817 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 07:59 PM

maybe this will be what vista was supposed to be with an entire new file system and everything

#7 kaironxp

kaironxp

black cat sexy girl

• 468 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 08:02 PM

I just want to see three version

Windows7
Professional

Windows7
Home Edition

Windows Server Edition

and a descent performance !!!!

Edited by kaironxp, 14 March 2008 - 08:07 PM.

#8 beriadon

beriadon

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 10:49 PM

I wonder if this is a deadline that will actually be able to be kept. I doubt it. <_<

#9 Frylock86

Frylock86

WinMatrixian 1337

• 3,075 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 01:39 AM

I just want to see three version

Windows7
Professional

Windows7
Home Edition

Windows Server Edition

For once, you and me agree on something.... Haha. I seriously hope we only have to contend with two maybe three SKU's this time around. Ultimate and Home Basic are two SKU's that I think should have never existed. Can't wait to dual boot Vista and 7!!!! :D

#10 Dr. Doom

Dr. Doom

Active WinMatrixian

• 529 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 11:39 AM

starter, home basic and enterprise are useless.
Home Premium, Business and Ultimate are OK.

#11 vD3stroyiR(666)

vD3stroyiR(666)

Dekwul

• 696 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 12:14 PM

I did read something about the two versions of Windows 7 Microsoft will release. One will have all the features that were removed from the final release version of Vista, and more! The other will be minimalistic with no UI for quick usage! I think they call it code names "Fiji" and "Vienna"... :ph34r:

That's what I read... <_<
Don't ask for sources because I don't remember... B)

#12 kaironxp

kaironxp

black cat sexy girl

• 468 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 01:05 PM

I did read something about the two versions of Windows 7 Microsoft will release. One will have all the features that were removed from the final release version of Vista, and more! The other will be minimalistic with no UI for quick usage! I think they call it code names "Fiji" and "Vienna"... :ph34r:

Yes, that's ok, Professional people dont need an stupid GUI like AERO, just something simply as Windows Classic

But, no UI, mmmmmmm.....could be very harder to use for many windows'user

starter, home basic and enterprise are useless.

Yeah!!!! the most stupid Microsoft's Products

I think that Microsoft's Marketing Team made that stupid move

Edited by kaironxp, 15 March 2008 - 01:05 PM.

#13 vD3stroyiR(666)

vD3stroyiR(666)

Dekwul

• 696 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 01:38 PM

Yes, that's ok, Professional people dont need an stupid GUI like AERO, just something simply as Windows Classic

By 'no UI', they probrobably mean something simplistic to boot up the computer FASTER without much hassle. Something like the Classic theme will probably be used (like you said)... :whistle:

And what's wrong with AERO!?!? I have it on and it doesn't take up much extra to run! I will inform you that I only have 1.24GB RAM, a single core processor @ 1.60GHz, and Vista is only running at 400MB RAM usage WITH 0-50% CPU usage, WITH all my applications and programs on! for me, its like XP with a new, better UI! Which renders my XP partition meaningless... <_<
Thanks for showing me this, kaironxp! I'm gonna clear my XP partition now!!!

I won't get into that right now, because this isn't about that, plus arguing about this is meaningless... Let us agree to disagree! I respect your decisions if you do the same about mine. :yes:

If Windows 7 turns out better than XP and Vista combined, I'll definitely buy it! :D

#14 WhistAler

WhistAler

WhistA

• 1,866 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 06:04 PM

Thanks for the news. :D

#15 bhast2

bhast2

Hi I'm Win8

• 633 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 06:12 PM

they better do something good with windows 7 or I will just stay with leopard on my pc
because it is way better than vista

#16 Dr. Doom

Dr. Doom

Active WinMatrixian

• 529 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 06:13 PM

lol have you seen this:
Posted Image

source:
http://www.istarteds...onghorn-castle/

EDIT:
this is also interesting:
http://www.windowsvienna.com/
http://www.windowsvienna.com/forums/

Edited by Dr. Doom, 15 March 2008 - 06:24 PM.

#17 kaironxp

kaironxp

black cat sexy girl

• 468 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 04:57 AM

By 'no UI', they probrobably mean something simplistic to boot up the computer FASTER without much hassle. Something like the Classic theme will probably be used (like you said)... :whistle:

And what's wrong with AERO!?!? I have it on and it doesn't take up much extra to run! I will inform you that I only have 1.24GB RAM, a single core processor @ 1.60GHz, and Vista is only running at 400MB RAM usage WITH 0-50% CPU usage, WITH all my applications and programs on! for me, its like XP with a new, better UI! Which renders my XP partition meaningless... <_<

I won't get into that right now, because this isn't about that, plus arguing about this is meaningless... Let us agree to disagree! I respect your decisions if you do the same about mine. :yes:

If Windows 7 turns out better than XP and Vista combined, I'll definitely buy it! :D

Just my personal opinion opinion, I DONT LIKE IT but works, it works for somebody like you for example

bye B)

I like this logo
http://www.windowsvi...na-TextLogo.png

but why Micro$$$ is using that stupid orb???? and Aurora ???

bye

#18 Johnnyboy

Johnnyboy

Drake

• 1,212 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 09:14 PM

I like that stupid orb, transparent windows and the aurora.
Personal preferences! :yes:

#19 Frylock86

Frylock86

WinMatrixian 1337

• 3,075 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 10:49 PM

Just my personal opinion opinion, I DONT LIKE IT but works, it works for somebody like you for example

bye B)

I like this logo
http://www.windowsvi...na-TextLogo.png

but why Micro$$$ is using that stupid orb???? and Aurora ???

bye

I guess because its something different. I happen to like the orb also. Plus, damn! 7 to have the dropped features of Vista!?!?! That'll be nice......

#20 Preath

Preath

Elite WinMatrixian.

• 2,352 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 11:44 AM

argh, i cant wait 3 years... :( I want Windows 7 now!

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!