• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic

#21 vD3stroyiR(666)

vD3stroyiR(666)

Dekwul

• 696 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 12:30 PM

adrynalyne

Yeah, we do define Bloated differently...
I considered it an HDD hog. what was meant by this was a RAM hog. Then in that case, I do agree.
I use Firefox for the speed. I really don't consider the memory factor that much, being I have more at my disposal. then again, that's just me.
Thinking one sided about this won't help anyone. I agree both browsers have their weaknesses and strengths, respectively...

Thanks for clearing all this up! :D

#22 phoenix_abhi

phoenix_abhi

Phoenix

• 787 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 04:10 PM

Firefox and Opera have the most security loopholes compared to IE and most reliable one is SAFARI

#23 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Active WinMatrixian

• 903 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 04:38 PM

Firefox and Opera have the most security loopholes compared to IE and most reliable one is SAFARI

Reliable vs. what?

Safari easily crashes 3x times as much as IE and FF for me.

Perhaps you meant the Mac version. Even then, its a poor browser, unless you build it from source. Then its just a feature-less browser ;)

#24 Johnnyboy

Johnnyboy

Drake

• 1,212 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 06:26 PM

Good to see IE improving. I'm a Fx user, but I'll give it a try when the final version will come out.

#25 M.Sudoku

M.Sudoku

Super Duper WinMatrixian

• 2,191 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 12:32 PM

I'll give it a try when the final version will come out.

Me too.

#26 pakistanipower

pakistanipower

WinMatrixian

• 179 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 08:23 PM

beside the whole firefox talk...how do i remove ie 8? i want ie7 back..ie8 is crashing alot

#27 Culprit

Culprit

I live my life a quarter mile at a time.

• 817 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 08:40 PM

I may be the only one but i dont understand why everyone says firefox is waaaay better and faster then ie i have been using ie ever since ie 5 and there is nothin wrong with it and never was it works just fine actuailly some websites dont load in firefox!?! why would you want to use a browser that not all websites support!?!?!?!

Firefox is way better and faster than IE..
IE always crashes when I used it on Windows XP or Windows Vista, Firefox does too but it's very very rare and if it did your whole session is saved :/
Firefox is safer than IE, that's just a fact and it is well known.

EDIT: After downloading IE8 Beta and installing it, it's a bit better than IE7, but what I liked more is that it restores the session too, impressive :)
We'll just wait for the final IE8 and FF3 to compare the two.

umm, thats total bs firefox is no where near any faster then ie, nor is it safer and ie never ever crashed on my machine

#28 pauldacheez

pauldacheez

Derp.

• 305 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 09:58 PM

Reliable vs. what?

Perhaps you meant the Mac version. Even then, its a poor browser, unless you build it from source. Then its just a feature-less browser ;)

Am I the only one here who solely uses Safari and not Firefox or IE? (IE's discontinued for the Mac, luckily.) Anyway, the last time I've used Firefox was when I used Ubuntu on my old laptop (which is now fixed, by the way).

#29 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Active WinMatrixian

• 903 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 10:15 PM

Reliable vs. what?

Am I the only one here who solely uses Safari and not Firefox or IE? (IE's discontinued for the Mac, luckily.) Anyway, the last time I've used Firefox was when I used Ubuntu on my old laptop (which is now fixed, by the way).

Camino is an excellent Mac browser. If you really want to stick with Safari-likeness, go with Shiira.

http://shiira.jp/en.php

#30 Razor VinT

Razor VinT

tech savvy

• 2,164 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 06:33 PM

beside the whole firefox talk...how do i remove ie 8? i want ie7 back..ie8 is crashing alot

System Restore?
Remember, this version of IE8 is for testing purpose only.

#31 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 09:23 PM

OK. IE 8 wouldn't even load for me in Vista.

Also, Vista is soooo dog slow after using Mac :(

I can't figure out why my programs keep crashing the way they do.

I thought Microsoft released newer updates for speed and stuff.

#32 winmatrix2007

winmatrix2007

im ready to rock

• 579 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 01:52 AM

my first post in forever no internet but microsoft should kill there selves right now IE7 was bad but IE8 thats evil

#33 M!W

M!W

Active WinMatrixian

• 306 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 02:46 PM

I may be the only one but i dont understand why everyone says firefox is waaaay better and faster then ie i have been using ie ever since ie 5 and there is nothin wrong with it and never was it works just fine actuailly some websites dont load in firefox!?! why would you want to use a browser that not all websites support!?!?!?!

IE always crashes when I used it on Windows XP or Windows Vista, Firefox does too but it's very very rare and if it did your whole session is saved :/

EDIT: After downloading IE8 Beta and installing it, it's a bit better than IE7, but what I liked more is that it restores the session too, impressive :)

umm, thats total bs firefox is no where near any faster then ie, nor is it safer and ie never ever crashed on my machine

Well, actually Firefox is safer. The fact that you don't know about a bug doesn't mean that there isn't one. In fact Microsoft develops with that Visual... bull****, that is causing so many Problems, that every external Software is potential safer than Microsoft stuff!

For example: I got Office for Mac a few days ago and it looks nice but it always crashes for no reason! :blink:

Why go closed source when you can go open?
Think about it!

:yes:

#34 vD3stroyiR(666)

vD3stroyiR(666)

Dekwul

• 696 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 02:58 PM

Well, actually Firefox is safer. The fact that you don't know about a bug doesn't mean that there isn't one. In fact Microsoft develops with that Visual... bull****, that is causing so many Problems, that every external Software is potential safer than Microsoft stuff!

For example: I got Office for Mac a few days ago and it looks nice but it always crashes for no reason! :blink:

Think about it!

EXACTLY! :lol:
All BS Microsoft uses as a marketing scheme. But hay, If my company were in their position (if I had one), I would do I all I can to stay on top too!

If the competition is progressing, they have no choice but to do the same, or become obsolete in a SNAP!

#35 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Active WinMatrixian

• 903 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 04:25 PM

Think about it!

EXACTLY! :lol:
All BS Microsoft uses as a marketing scheme. But hay, If my company were in their position (if I had one), I would do I all I can to stay on top too!

If the competition is progressing, they have no choice but to do the same, or become obsolete in a SNAP!

I guess I am special in that neither Office 2007, nor IE ever crashes for me. Not even IE8 beta, which is incredibly rough around the edges.

Before you brand me an MS fanboy, understand that I use Linux just as much as Vista. No complaints of either.

As for Firefox being safer....lmao. Anyone who is under the premise that any browser is actually safe...wow. FF certainly wont save you from malware or viruses. I can't tell you how many forums I see jam packed full of people with malware and virus infections seeking help, and all the meanwhile saying, but...I use firefox :D

Edited by adrynalyne, 12 March 2008 - 04:30 PM.

#36 The Silent Warrior

The Silent Warrior

Got Orange Stars?

• 2,574 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 10:51 AM

Browser doesn't save you from malwares, your knowledge and experience save you. I use Firefox because it is the most customizable browser available.

#37 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 07:10 PM

Browser doesn't save you from malwares, your knowledge and experience save you. I use Firefox because it is the most customizable browser available.

There you go. Exactly what I was thinking. I use firefox because...it's just more exiting than IE, with add-ons and stuff.

I wish microsoft would do something about IE 8's UI, the favorites bar looks horrible above the tabs. Other than that, the favorites bar is a much needed feature. Activities and web slices sound bullshet to me, but i'll find out one day.

Talking about the automatic tab recovery thing, I wish microsoft would include a feature to undo a closed tab.

#38 Ultimate John

Ultimate John

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,808 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 06:52 AM

For those who can't install IE8, you need to install an optional update KB943302 (Vista) or KB946501 (WinXP). If this update fails to install or you unselect the checkbox, you will not be able to install IE8.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!