64 replies to this topic

#21 HingVista

HingVista

Super WinMatrixian

• News Poster
  • 2,645 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 03:09 AM

For those who don't know what betolley has posted above:

This is the manual way to take ownership, backup and replace the three dll files for using the custom visual styles in Vista.

#22 haskins69

haskins69

New WinMatrixian

• 25 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 09:58 PM

do these uxtheme files from this site [ build 6.0.6001.1800 ] work with vista ultimate [ build 6.0.6000.16386 ] ???? does any one know ? I'm using vistaglazz now work's great but I want to install sp1 and I know that at this point that vistaglazz doesn't work. tried to e-mail Rafael Rivera at within windows but can't get a message to go though I'm using MSN hotmail for that. added msn part because I don't e-mail [I've only sent one other but I'm no dumb*** I can swap files ,motherboards, programs ect.....I just don't communicate much with others ] anyway I was on dotNETwizard.net asking about uxtheme files and was told that they don't and won't for my build. which would really pi** me off since I spent 2 days down loading and installing the 30+ themes I now have on my system! why doesn't microsoft just let us be able to use 3rd party themes. He** they already got enough of my money!

Edited by haskins69, 26 March 2008 - 11:53 PM.

#23 haskins69

haskins69

New WinMatrixian

• 25 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 10:03 PM

well I've been waiting a couple of day now no responce to my post! so....I'm going to assume that the files linked to on this site {Winmatrix } { uxtheme vista sp1 build 6.0.6001.1800 }will work with my build {vista ult. build 6.0.6000.16386 } after I install sp1 ? Hope so I'm going to have dinner {it's 5:35 pm here } then check this site to see one last time to see if I get a responce.If not I'm going to uninstall vistaglazz ,then install SP1 {from windows update } then I'm going to patch files with the ones I downloaded from here hopefully they will work. Please If I'm wrong leave a post soon because I really don't want to do all this just to un-do it I won't leave SP1 on my system if my themes don't work!!!!!!! yep got full day ahead also have to change motherboard ASUS striker extreme 3rd one since I bought system! Thanks hope I hear some thing good or bad before I start .

Edited by haskins69, 29 March 2008 - 10:32 PM.

#24 haskins69

haskins69

New WinMatrixian

• 25 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 12:58 AM

YEA...YEA...Installed sp1, patched files worked GREAT!!!!!!! now does any one know why I started with 91GB [pre- sp1 ] and after I had 103GB a gain of 12GB ? I'm not complaining [can use space ] just curious ??? was there really that much junk in vista pre-sp1? I lost nothing!! except vistaglazz 2-3mb just wondering??

#25 Ultimate John

Ultimate John

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,808 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 05:20 AM

Good to know that the patched files worked on your Vista Ultimate. I wonder why no one replied to your simple questions yesterday.

Regarding 12Gb gain, I think that was because Vista removed some restore points and emptied the temp directory while installing SP1.

#26 haskins69

haskins69

New WinMatrixian

• 25 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 09:45 PM

HURRY..............HURRY............ RAFAEL HAS BEEN SERVED PAPER"S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Better get your patch why you can I was just on Rafael's site He's been served DEMAND FOR IMMEDIATE TAKE-DOWN: NOTICE OF INFRINGING ACTIVITY PAPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!watch your updates they'll have a update that disables them soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just set mine to ask before install!!!!!!!JUST USED LINK HERE IT STILL WORK"S

Edited by haskins69, 01 April 2008 - 09:58 PM.

#27 haskins69

haskins69

New WinMatrixian

• 25 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 02:40 PM

went to RAFAEL'S site [within windows] again to check to see if notic was still up [after all it could of been april fool's joke ] it was still up!!!!!!!!!!!also after last night's post I checked for update's it said one was availeble [spell] it was KB915597 for window's defender def. 1.29.8330.0 and it said that and I quote "can not be removed after install" well I wanted nothing to do with it [don't like any thing I can not remove installed no my system ] so made sure I was set to download but don't install till I ok it well guess what they went around me or over rode my setting's and installed any way although it say's last update was 3/30/2008 on first page I looked on up date history [because THE update was no longer listed as available and guess what it was listed there as installed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!well at this point I still have full use of system [theme's ect......] but I have not rebooted yet and thats required to change status of files so I might lose all at reboot SO BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!! BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by haskins69, 02 April 2008 - 02:44 PM.

#28 haskins69

haskins69

New WinMatrixian

• 25 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 03:20 PM

I might be righter than I thought just checked uxtheme dll. and themeui dll they say they were modified 3/29/2008shsvcs dll says 3/22/2008 NOW HERES THE KICKER I CHECKED RAR FILE THEY CAME IN IT SAY'S MODIFIED 4/2/2008!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!although files say 6.0.6001.1800 like they said before well quess what I WAS SMART ENOUGH TO HAVE BURNT FILES TO DISK BEFORE this although they'll just send out update again!!!!!!!!!!!! OH I also lost 4 GB of space over night!!!!!!!!! I'll reboot soon and get back to you BUT I'M PRETTY SURE THEME'S HAVE GONE BYE_BYE and people wonder why I HATE MICROSOFT GET BACK TO YOU ON THIS AFTER REBOOT HOPEFULLY THEME'S ARE ALL I LOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#29 haskins69

haskins69

New WinMatrixian

• 25 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 03:31 PM

OK JUST DID REBOOT THEME'S STILL INTACT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!butI still wonder what's up dll's were changed that's for sure and I did lose 4GB of space >>>>>update was less than 39MB If I remember right!!!!!!!

#30 haskins69

haskins69

New WinMatrixian

• 25 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 04:11 PM

OK again !!!! I ran tune up 2008 it found 2.5GB of missing space [still missing 1.5GB though ] so I'm still worried because I did nothing to cause there to be 1.5GB of space to be missing or for there to be 2.5 GB of junk for tune up to remove also checked recent changes some one went though files and every thing questionable [video's program's ect... that I got from torrent sites ]show up as changed although all still work

#31 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Active WinMatrixian

• 903 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 05:32 PM

Its all a conspiracy.

#32 RND

RND

The RaNDom one

• 106 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 10:16 AM

That 64-bit link says its AMD 64 in the filename, what about intel 64-bit?

#33 tailsandy

tailsandy

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 01:14 AM

That's just basically the name of the architecture. They've been calling it that because AMD did 64-bit first. I think. I dunno.

I'm having some trouble, I can't patch the shsvcs.dll for some reason. When I try to do it, it says that the "file is open in another location." Everything else patches ok, and when i try to use a .msstyle file, it just opens up to the window and shows windows aero. any help?

#34 Johnnyboy

Johnnyboy

Drake

• 1,212 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 09:50 AM

When I try to do it, it says that the "file is open in another location."

Use Take Control and Unlocker.

#35 tailsandy

tailsandy

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 06:22 PM

Unlocker doesn't work on 64-bit Vista, and I've already used Take Control.

#36 Gragier_521

Gragier_521

WinMatrixer

• 1,785 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 08:28 PM

Thanks for the patched files. My Vista looks beautiful now. :D

#37 Tech

Tech

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 01:48 AM

A little late updating but everything works fine, patched the files 32 bit, no problems here, all my styles are still there and working.

#38 tailsandy

tailsandy

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 06:18 AM

OK, I've patched the files, but opening any .msstyles still doesn't work.

I'll try putting them in the themes folder and see what happens.

EDIT: No good. Someone help me out here.

Edited by tailsandy, 22 June 2008 - 06:21 AM.

#39 Bill_Puertas

Bill_Puertas

WinMatrixian

• 218 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 12:37 PM

i cant download uxthemepatcher for x64 please we need a mirror :(

#40 pure_player52

pure_player52

New WinMatrixian

• 35 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 04:02 PM

ok question where do i get uxtheme all the version i get are all weird wont let me install

running Vista Home prem

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!