• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Munkypoo7

Munkypoo7

Proud WinMatrix Member

• 1,015 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 09:54 AM

Windows 7, 2011, Nah...
Sorry for the lack of posts of late. I was in Redmond last week and rather busy.

Besides, looks like all anyone wants to talk about these days if Windows 7. I have not covered much (any) of this on purpose, the reason for that is that I honestly don't know anything and I really don't want to add to the rumors that are flying around clogging the tubes, that said the recent stuff strikes me as just way off.

The latest rumor is that we won't see Windows 7 until 2011, to me this is a complete fabrication. This is just my take, as again as I don't really know, and frankly anyone claiming to know is making an assumption anyway because planning dates can, do, and probably will change.

My guess is 2010 as three years was the rumored target, but we all know with something as big as an OS there will probably take some delays over time. Plus, I don't think they would want to make the mistake of missing a holiday season again. So unless things wrap up early you take a little extra time and ship it late summer or early fall of 2010

My other bet this year is that they didn't move WinHEC for no reason and that we will learn a lot more about Windows 7 at that conference which is why I am skipping my usually trek to TechED this year in the anticipation that WinHEC will have more to offer.

source windows Connected

Edited by Munkypoo7, 30 January 2008 - 09:54 AM.

#2 Johnnyboy

Johnnyboy

Drake

• 1,212 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 11:58 AM

What I've learned so far is that skipping Vista is not a good decision :lol:

#3 orcus

orcus

Active WinMatrixian

• 714 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 05:52 PM

I do not worry ..I have Windows 95

#4 kaironxp

kaironxp

black cat sexy girl

• 468 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 10:15 PM

three, four, five o seven year for develop doesnt care, but we want a decent Windows, with a decent GUI

#5 sevenalive

sevenalive

Programmer / Skinner

• 68 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 08:12 AM

I would like to take this time for these legal reminder:
Robert "Seven ALive, "sevenalive", "se7enalive", "Se7en ALive" Baker owns the trademark "Seven", "Se7en", and the above formentioned names.

"Seven" and "Se7en" cannot be used as a name for a product, company or brand without my written consent and permission.

"Windows Seven" or "Windows Se7en" would be a violation against my trademarks, however "Windows 7" would not be infringement. However if spoken, '7' would be in word form and meaning a name, so therefore it would be a violation.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!