HELP SAVE XP Petition

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
59 replies to this topic

#21 orcus

orcus

Active WinMatrixian

• 714 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 04:32 AM

Probably companies like the one I work for with millions in their budgets and really good support from MS will not care and we will move forward to Vista and Windows 2008. I already moved over 200 users to Vista and so far nobody had complained.... a couple hundreds to go. By the way the revenue from MS is from licensing for Office, server products and workstations that is where the billions are. I do not care I have Vista runing with 3 VMs (Linux Ubuntu, XP, Windows 2008) so I get the best of all worlds at the same time.

I do not think I heard people talking like this when ME came out...that was a piece of s#### I do accept that....

Edited by orcus, 16 January 2008 - 04:33 AM.

#22 vD3stroyiR(666)

vD3stroyiR(666)

Dekwul

• 696 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 10:09 AM

This sounds a bit odd. Why would Microsoft release a new service pack, then discontinue the recipient operating system to it? :blink: "Here's what you wanted, now go away!" As if that is what Paul Allen or Bill gates sounds like. I dual-boot Windows XP and Vista, and I, for one, found that strikingly odd. I have no problem if they do so anyway, I barely use XP to begin with, but it sounds like a complete waste of time/money/customers. :yes:

#23 Johnnyboy

Johnnyboy

Drake

• 1,212 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 06:05 PM

This is what really happening on June 30, 2008:
http://www.winmatrix...showtopic=16649

#24 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 07:55 PM

WindowsXP
Second Edition

- With new hardware support
- Updates
- Awesone Performance
- Useful as always
- With new DIRECTX 10.1

In other words...

Vista

...now, i am a linux person, and trust me, i hate all things MS...

No wonder you have a problem with Vista.

...I had to go in to therapy for that month also, due to the damages that Vista wrecked....

I'm sure you did.

...Oh, and just so that you know, i have been using PC's since back in the days of DOS and Win3.0
so dont you dare accuse me of being a newb.

I started on Commodore 64 and basic programming. What's your point? Oh wait, you said it...I promise not to call you a newb.
Step off. This is much bigger than you and I.

everything is always bigger than the the user.
if i wanted all of the flashy effects, i would enable compiz-fusion on my box. but i dont care for it, so why do i need it?

Vista was, honestly, the worst computing expreience of my life, to date. and i am guessing that the word (sarcasm) is lost upon you.

Oh yeah, the Commie 64... it had basic in it's ROM chip, but it was not a computer. it was a toy. nothing more or less. i never heard of a business running off of a commie 64.

your nostalgia is ok, but sadly enough, the 286 was the first small business mini/micro pc that was avalable and was worth anything. not talking about servers or crays or anything else like that here, ok?

Vista is not what it should have been. that is just the point, it is like how win98SE should have been the original win98 ... but MS let it out to early, it was more like Win95.5 ... not a true upgrade, but a really good update.

win3.xx to win95 > good new os.
win95 > win98 SE > Good new OS
win98SE > XP sp2 > good new OS

everything else was just like a really big revision.

and yes, i know that they were not "new" OSes, just a simple term, albet an incorrect one.

#25 Webtrance

Webtrance

WinMatrixian

• 180 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 09:43 PM

...your nostalgia is ok, but sadly enough, the 286 was the first small business mini/micro pc that was avalable and was worth anything. not talking about servers or crays or anything else like that here, ok?

Yeah, I agree with the 286 being the first real piece of small business computing power. We actually used the 8088 and 286's with Enable word processing software in the military over 22 yrs ago.

;)

- Q

#26 orcus

orcus

Active WinMatrixian

• 714 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 12:04 AM

Ok, what is the big deal??? if you already own a new computer or old for that matter you should have a CD with XP that came with the computer so just wipe the system and install XP. If you did not get a copy of XP with your computer that is your problem with the EOM....If you do no like vista you do not have to get it ... besides when they come from DELL, HP, etc they come preloaded with $$$$$$$ I usually wipe the system and install whatever I want ... I need to be enlighted why you hate Vista so much ..... do you own XP already? so what the big deal is? If you have a computer running 98 and want a XP cd you are wrong....

By the way I do like the new macbook air....sad it does not come with Vista preloaded :lol:

Edited by orcus, 17 January 2008 - 12:05 AM.

#27 Blake Pender

Blake Pender

Microsoft IT Professional

• 363 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 09:09 PM

That's totally unfair
I know I have moved to Vista, but soo many people are used to XP
If that's the case... WHAT's THE POINT OF SP3???

*signs petition*

#28 Darthyoda3

Darthyoda3

ThƎ Unknown

• 260 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 01:30 PM

Just look at XP Vs. Vista in the last year. Vista has already gained i think around 60+% of the consumer market and about 40% of buisness i think, and thats only in 1 Year. A year later vista will proboly be around 85+% for consermers and 60+% for buisness. You have to think, its a wholenother year we are taking about, I do kinda wish that they might keep it around 6 months longer or so mabey but as much as i hate to say it..... XP it loosing blood and at a good pace too, with everyone switching to vista these day because the compatibility becoming better, XP is loosing a need to live, And besides, you could at least by XP on ebay or somthing if you really needed it. I dont support this but neither do I not support this.

#29 Dr. Doom

Dr. Doom

Active WinMatrixian

• 529 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 05:35 PM

xp sucks... let it go

#30 pauldacheez

pauldacheez

Derp.

• 305 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 11:30 PM

Vista's not that bad. Although Mac OS X is much better.

#31 kaironxp

kaironxp

black cat sexy girl

• 468 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 12:23 AM

READ THIS, GUYS.

Three reasons dominate the resistance to Vista: performance, compatibility, and cost

Why save XP? Readers speak out
On the record or off, IT pros explain why they're not prepared to say goodbye to XP and upgrade to Vista

http://www.infoworld...ve-xp-it_1.html

Another interesting article

http://www.advisor.c...d-windows-vista

In June 2007 I got a new Lenovo ThinkPad T61 with Windows Vista. I expected to be thrilled with my new laptop, but instead, it was horrible. Whatever I tried to do, the new computer fought me -- and usually, it won. By "do" I mean basic stuff: save a file, connect to my office network and the Internet, turn on, turn off, copy some files. It's MY computer -- shouldn't I be allowed to do these things? Nope, not not without lots of effort, wasted time, and sometimes, complete failure.

WINDOWS VISTA = FRUSTRATION

Bye guys...only dummies use Windows Vista

#32 Frylock86

Frylock86

WinMatrixian 1337

• 3,075 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 02:41 AM

READ THIS, GUYS.

Three reasons dominate the resistance to Vista: performance, compatibility, and cost

Why save XP? Readers speak out
On the record or off, IT pros explain why they're not prepared to say goodbye to XP and upgrade to Vista

http://www.infoworld...ve-xp-it_1.html

Another interesting article

http://www.advisor.c...d-windows-vista

In June 2007 I got a new Lenovo ThinkPad T61 with Windows Vista. I expected to be thrilled with my new laptop, but instead, it was horrible. Whatever I tried to do, the new computer fought me -- and usually, it won. By "do" I mean basic stuff: save a file, connect to my office network and the Internet, turn on, turn off, copy some files. It's MY computer -- shouldn't I be allowed to do these things? Nope, not not without lots of effort, wasted time, and sometimes, complete failure.

Wow. WTF....? What does he do to his computers? I have never had a problem with an HP product, in fact I consider them top of the line. HP computers are the only machines I will buy... Same with ATI.... I've never had a problem with ATI. The same with Vista. Vista lets me do everything I tell it to do.... How the hell can you not be allowed to save a file to a folder you created?? I can do that on my machine! :blink:

And please, can we stop the name calling? We're not in elementary school anymore... I am not a "dummy" for using Vista. It's all about personal choice. If you guys want to continue using XP no one is stopping you from installing it on your machine.

Edited by Frylock86, 28 January 2008 - 02:50 AM.

#33 vD3stroyiR(666)

vD3stroyiR(666)

Dekwul

• 696 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 04:57 AM

Your Fascist! Posted Image
And I suppose windows XP is so much better to use!?!

WINDOWS XP = SECURITY RISK

bye guys... Only real imbeciles stick to XP B)

Edited by ahol8191, 28 January 2008 - 04:59 AM.

#34 kaironxp

kaironxp

black cat sexy girl

• 468 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 12:33 PM

Your Fascist! Posted Image
And I suppose windows XP is so much better to use!?!

WINDOWS XP = SECURITY RISK

bye guys... Only real imbeciles stick to XP B)

hahahhaha

windows vista is so insecure as windows xp

bye, little boy

#35 The Silent Warrior

The Silent Warrior

Got Orange Stars?

• 2,574 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 07:14 PM

kaironxp
So you are here just to bash Vista users? If you like Xp then keep using it forever, but please keep your anti-vista comments to yourself.

#36 Soduka

Soduka

WinMatrixian

• 65 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 11:26 PM

Please, stick to XP, and in 15 years we'll all check back up on you to make sure you're still using it because it's that fantastic compared to Vista and worth calling people names over it.

#37 Frylock86

Frylock86

WinMatrixian 1337

• 3,075 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 01:42 AM

Please, stick to XP, and in 15 years we'll all check back up on you to make sure you're still using it because it's that fantastic compared to Vista and worth calling people names over it.

I'm sure someone will still be running it. I halfway wish I had my other old Windows machines just for nolsalgic purposes. :P

#38 xaznx2345

xaznx2345

WinMatrixian

• 136 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 01:56 AM

MS saving xp will only help MS, either way, they'll still make money...beside that point, i think vista is very well made, MS isn't perfect, it only makes sense that their products would be too. remember, perfection is only an illusion that humans try to strive, we can never obtain it.

#39 jedi52

jedi52

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 03:25 AM

I signed the petition, but vista isn't really that bad...it looks good, and is great for the average user. I mainly use my XP for gaming, and my vista laptop (only 500 USD, and runs great) for my homework, etc.

And I've been using computers since I was 5...so that's 11 years of experience. Don't call me a n00b, if that crossed your mind.

#40 vD3stroyiR(666)

vD3stroyiR(666)

Dekwul

• 696 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 09:33 AM

I signed the petition, but vista isn't really that bad...it looks good, and is great for the average user. I mainly use my XP for gaming, and my vista laptop (only 500 USD, and runs great) for my homework, etc.

And I've been using computers since I was 5...so that's 11 years of experience. Don't call me a n00b, if that crossed your mind.

HAHA you tell 'em!!!

Either way, it's time for people to gradually move on. XP had the spotlight for five or six years, it's natural for "The new kid" (being Vista in this case) to finally show it up. MS does so every so often to maintain competitive dominance, not to mention "Supply and Demand"... :yes:
Vista won't be out too long, it will soon be replaced by Windows 7 in '09/'10, think about that! 6 years of XP, 2-4 of Vista! We're being a little harsh on the new OS, aren't we?
If people don't want to move on, no one is forcing them... I've seen people that still use Win 2000 or 95 and complain about this less! :lol:

I didn't sign the petition. If they DO get rid of XP I'll simply clear that partition of my HDD! More space for Vista to run freely. :P

Edited by ahol8191, 06 March 2008 - 04:12 AM.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!