• This topic is locked This topic is locked
59 replies to this topic

#1 ThunderROM

ThunderROM

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,637 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 05:15 PM

The costs are too high and the benefits too low to be forced to switch to Vista
The clock is ticking: Microsoft will end OEM and shrink-wrapped sales of Windows XP on June 30, 2008, forcing users to shift to Vista. (System builders, meaning those who do white-box PCs, can sell XP through December 31.) Don't let that happen!

Millions of us have grown comfortable with XP and don't see a need to change to Vista. It's like having a comfortable apartment that you've enjoyed coming home to for years, only to get an eviction notice. The thought of moving to a new place -- even with the stainless steel appliances, granite countertops, and maple cabinets (or is cherry in this year?) -- just doesn't sit right. Maybe it'll be more modern, but it will also cost more and likely not be as good a fit. And you don't have any other reason to move. That's exactly the conclusion people have come to with Vista. For most of us, there's really no reason to move to it -- yet we don't have a choice. When that strong desire to stick with XP became obvious in spring 2007, major computer makers such as Dell and Hewlett-Packard quietly reintroduced new XP-based systems (but just to business customers, so as not to offend Microsoft).

Make your voice heard to Microsoft. Sign our petition to save XP today. We will present it to Microsoft.

:bulletgreen: HELP SAVE XP Petition

Posted Image

Above pic is from Ctrl+Alt+Del
Read more on infoworld

#2 pm_41

pm_41

CS student

• 1,394 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 05:28 PM

Oh no! XP is one of the best things since sliced bread!

*signs petition*

#3 lareeth

lareeth

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,169 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 05:47 PM

You got the data wrong for system builders, we can still offer it until 30 January 2009. However XP Starter Edition will be available until 30 June 2010.

#4 davidsbox

davidsbox

New WinMatrixian

• 14 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 07:37 PM

You forget something.

The Windows XP chair is full of worms. :no:
Is it comfortable to sit on it, -not warmed, but wormed chair? :blink:

#5 MistaBishi

MistaBishi

MSI and Apple Fanboy :D

• 622 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 08:10 PM

XP is awesome... i am gonna tell everyone about this petition... everyone i know hates vista...

#6 Munkypoo7

Munkypoo7

Proud WinMatrix Member

• 1,015 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 08:14 PM

to imagine that you really believe that microsoft will care is hilarious, everyone will move to vista eventually, given the time, so i dont see the point of this, btw, this went on between 2000 and xp, and look now :lol:

#7 Webtrance

Webtrance

WinMatrixian

• 180 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 12:25 AM

Why do people hate Vista? Why, why, why!!! I'm tired of hearing it. I've been using Vista for a year...works fine...no problems.

Come on people!!! Drop the issue already and start using Vista. Vista functions like XP, has the familiar start menu, explorer functions, etc. The internet is the same. I see pictures the same...play games the same. It's not scarey to use Vista...stop it already...just stop it for crying out loud!! GeeZ!!!!!!!

It's like having a comfortable apartment that you've enjoyed coming home to for years, only to get an eviction notice.

What??? Folks...It's time for change and to move out of that stinky old apartment.

My observation: Those who know little about computers are the ones having problems with Vista. That's a fact.

Q

Edited by Webtrance, 15 January 2008 - 12:36 AM.

#8 tominorlando

tominorlando

Active WinMatrixian

• 396 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 02:52 AM

If you like XP that much, why not just install it on your new PC?

Just because the new one comes with Vista doesn't mean you have to keep it installed.

#9 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 06:06 AM

Why do people hate Vista? Why, why, why!!! I'm tired of hearing it. I've been using Vista for a year...works fine...no problems.

Come on people!!! Drop the issue already and start using Vista. Vista functions like XP, has the familiar start menu, explorer functions, etc. The internet is the same. I see pictures the same...play games the same. It's not scarey to use Vista...stop it already...just stop it for crying out loud!! GeeZ!!!!!!!

It's like having a comfortable apartment that you've enjoyed coming home to for years, only to get an eviction notice.

What??? Folks...It's time for change and to move out of that stinky old apartment.

My observation: Those who know little about computers are the ones having problems with Vista. That's a fact.

Q

wow, you a f**king loser from hell.
what is the one thing that MS relies upon. Answer: Customers.
now, if, say, 60% of all customers say that they would rather use XP than Vista, Mabey MS should take the hint.

and according to recent stats, i believe that is is more than 60% that hate vista.

Vista, by popular thought, is worthless. accept it.

now, i am a linux person, and trust me, i hate all things MS, and if i had to use a MS product, it would surely be XP.

so, get your ass of the f**king "lets not hate vista" bandwagon.

it is a Piece of Shit.

and no matter what you say back to me, your still wrong. dso dont even dare try to convince me that Vista is good.

and Yes, i HAVE tried to use it, for a month. I had to go in to therapy for that month also, due to the damages that Vista wrecked.

Oh, and just so that you know, i have been using PC's since back in the days of DOS and Win3.0
so dont you dare accuse me of being a newb.

Edited by Solo, 15 January 2008 - 06:08 AM.

#10 kaironxp

kaironxp

black cat sexy girl

• 468 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:51 AM

XP is awesome... i am gonna tell everyone about this petition... everyone i know hates vista...

Hey, Neo the Microsoft wants own your computer with Windows Vista.

Q

wow, you a f**king loser from hell.
what is the one thing that MS relies upon. Answer: Customers.
now, if, say, 60% of all customers say that they would rather use XP than Vista, Mabey MS should take the hint.

and according to recent stats, i believe that is is more than 60% that hate vista.

Vista, by popular thought, is worthless. accept it.

now, i am a linux person, and trust me, i hate all things MS, and if i had to use a MS product, it would surely be XP.

so, get your ass of the f**king "lets not hate vista" bandwagon.

it is a Piece of Shit.

and no matter what you say back to me, your still wrong. dso dont even dare try to convince me that Vista is good.

and Yes, i HAVE tried to use it, for a month. I had to go in to therapy for that month also, due to the damages that Vista wrecked.

Oh, and just so that you know, i have been using PC's since back in the days of DOS and Win3.0

yeah buddy, Linux is the Future and Vista the worst Microsoft Operating System, Windows Me works better than Vista :D

#11 Johnnyboy

Johnnyboy

Drake

• 1,212 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 11:57 AM

I've signed the petition, but I use Vista too and it is really better, stable and more secure than XP.

#12 erazer007

erazer007

Merchant of Death

• 264 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 04:17 PM

Though I upgraded from Xp to Vista and have been using Vista for almost a year,I now want to switch back because Vista takes 2 much ram and disk space.

#13 Soduka

Soduka

WinMatrixian

• 65 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 08:29 PM

Though I upgraded from Xp to Vista and have been using Vista for almost a year,I now want to switch back because Vista takes 2 much ram and disk space.

That's a terrific reason to switch back!

Your doing the same thing that everyone else did way back when their 15 gig hard drives and 64-128 meg ram couldn't do XP that well so they went back to Windows 2000. I do hope the majority realizes that history is going to keep repeating itself, everyone went through the same thing between 2000 and XP and we'll all go through the same thing when whatever replaces Vista comes. ;)

#14 Culprit

Culprit

I live my life a quarter mile at a time.

• 817 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 08:59 PM

i use them both but xp is my default why would microsoft want people to be forced to use vista WHEN NONE OF THE PROGRAMS WE ARE USED TO RUN ON IT

#15 Soduka

Soduka

WinMatrixian

• 65 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 09:04 PM

i use them both but xp is my default why would microsoft want people to be forced to use vista WHEN NONE OF THE PROGRAMS WE ARE USED TO RUN ON IT

That's relative to you, it isn't Vista's fault per say. For example I don't have any programs that do not function on Vista efficiently, maybe others have your problem, maybe most don't.

#16 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 09:13 PM

I'm glad I don't use Microsoft's Operating Systems anymore. GO MAC OSX LEOPARD!!!

Posted Image

Edited by yanike, 15 January 2008 - 09:15 PM.

#17 Frylock86

Frylock86

WinMatrixian 1337

• 3,075 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 09:42 PM

I just have to ask: Do you really think Microsoft will just magically recall Vista, drop support and forget it ever existed when you guys send this in? Do you really think they will keep XP on the feeding tubes?

Does the phrase "All of this has happend before, and all of this will happen again." (What show? anyone? Lol.) ring a bell?

If you guys like XP so much, go buy it and install it before that date. Simple as that. No one is preventing you from installing it, Microsoft just wants to move on. They're not going to manufacture the 7 year old OS forever. Besides, a majority of computer users don't care what OS they have on their machine. If it can read E-mail, browse the web, and play games, most users are happy. Now, I'm not saying XP sucks, It is quite a stable system, but it's time to look toward the future. XP isn't going to be around forever....

Vista isn't that bad, if you have the right hardware, Vista can be your friend just as much as XP was. I've had no quarrels with it in the year that I have been using it. No one is saying the Vista rocks. It's all about preference, but just keep in mind Microsoft isn't going to continue with XP for much longer. It is 7 years old after all, and they do want to look toward the future. Living in the past has done no one any good.

And I just want to ask all these people that keep writing these posts; Can you give me one good reason why Vista sucks and XP should be kept around?

I just wish we could drop this issue and all get along. There is always going to be Vista fanboys and XP fanboys. Petitions to Microsoft are not going to change a darn thing.

PS: why isnt the XP chair in the cartoon covered with band-aids and other patches? Thats what my XP resembled before upgrading. :blink:

#18 kaironxp

kaironxp

black cat sexy girl

• 468 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 11:46 PM

WindowsXP
Second Edition

- With new hardware support
- Updates
- Awesone Performance
- Useful as always
- With new DIRECTX 10.1

That's all what i want from Microsoft :woot:

Edited by kaironxp, 15 January 2008 - 11:47 PM.

#19 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 01:16 AM

WindowsXP
Second Edition

- Updates
- Awesone Performance
- Useful as always
- With new DIRECTX 10.1

That's all what i want from Microsoft :woot:

I hear ya Kitty!
I second that! :D

#20 Webtrance

Webtrance

WinMatrixian

• 180 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 04:28 AM

WindowsXP
Second Edition

- Updates
- Awesone Performance
- Useful as always
- With new DIRECTX 10.1

In other words...

Vista

...now, i am a linux person, and trust me, i hate all things MS...

No wonder you have a problem with Vista.

...I had to go in to therapy for that month also, due to the damages that Vista wrecked....

I'm sure you did.

...Oh, and just so that you know, i have been using PC's since back in the days of DOS and Win3.0

I started on Commodore 64 and basic programming. What's your point? Oh wait, you said it...I promise not to call you a newb.
Step off. This is much bigger than you and I.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!