desktop doesn't refresh automatically ?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 grafx1

grafx1

WinMatrixian

• 231 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 09:44 AM

my Vista desktop doesn't refresh automatiacally, when i delete a file, it goes to recycle bin but the recycle bin icon don't change its state, i'd to press F5 manually and so on... ?
is there a registry hack for that ?
i'd tried rebuild icon cache but no way !!

Thank you.

#2 steveetho

steveetho

New WinMatrixian

• 15 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 01:33 PM

my Vista desktop doesn't refresh automatiacally, when i delete a file, it goes to recycle bin but the recycle bin icon don't change its state, i'd to press F5 manually and so on... ?

Thank you.

I have the exact same problem can't figure it out.

#3 grafx1

grafx1

WinMatrixian

• 231 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 02:03 PM

Thank you.

I have the exact same problem can't figure it out.

actually you can make another user account, i'd found that this had solved the problem, but that isn't the solution if you'd took your time customized your account, and don't want to waste time customizing another one...

#4 dr3mro

dr3mro

My First Post!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 12:37 PM

Hey ..
I had the same problem but i kind found a solution

Just Change the Theme back to Vista default Theme..!
... go to desktop....right click....personalize....Themes...choose "Windows Vista" from list.... then apply ..OK
NOW your Desktop will auto-refresh....

#5 Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP

• 529 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 02:12 PM

Its a known bug in Vista. You'll need to manually change Recycle Bin icons from Desktop Properties:

Solution: Recycle Bin Icon on Desktop Doesn’t Refresh Automatically in Windows Vista

#6 FixItNao

FixItNao

My First Post!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:35 PM

I have the exact same problem! But I remember I changed my account-name and it's probably after that it started to happen... I've tried out what you said grafx1 and it worked... Maybe it's something about windows account management in vista... But after all, it's Vista! Isn't there anyone that knows how to fix or undo this?!?!

#7 AMIRZ

AMIRZ

Loyal Member and Friend

• 2,033 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 01:44 PM

If it's really a bug in Vista, you can always report it to MS/computer manufacturer (OEM only) for the hotfix (free), or just wait for the next update

#8 Guest_jogo00062_*

Guest_jogo00062_*

Posted 22 June 2010 - 04:19 PM

Thank you.

i don't know about Vista... but i fixed the problem on win7 by leaving my homegroup.... i don't know if homegroup sharing exists on Vista but it's worth a shot

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!