Mac OSX Leopard 10.5 on PC

• Please log in to reply
176 replies to this topic

#161 QuashPhillips

QuashPhillips

WinMatrixian

• 173 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 12:58 PM

You will need to set up an empty partition in vista so you can install osx on. do not format this partition.

Yanike's method works. But if for some wack reason it doesnt; I used EasyBCD to triple boot. It has a nice GUI. Then you will need your vista dvd and log into its terminal and type bootrec.exe /FixMbr /FixBoot. And you will be able to boot back into vista and set up Dual boot with easybcd. You can even triple or quad boot

@emil. Look for the Kalyway 10.5.2, its nearly 4 gigs

Edited by QuashPhillips, 30 May 2008 - 01:01 PM.

#162 phoenix_abhi

phoenix_abhi

Phoenix

• 787 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 03:52 PM

You will need to set up an empty partition in vista so you can install osx on. do not format this partition.

Yanike's method works. But if for some wack reason it doesnt; I used EasyBCD to triple boot. It has a nice GUI. Then you will need your vista dvd and log into its terminal and type bootrec.exe /FixMbr /FixBoot. And you will be able to boot back into vista and set up Dual boot with easybcd. You can even triple or quad boot

@emil. Look for the Kalyway 10.5.2, its nearly 4 gigs

Hi thanx

I will do a triple boot. I would like to use Ubuntu Live CD to fix booting problem after installation of LEO. How can I do that ?

If anything goes (leo Installation) wrong will I able to log into the other OS ?

#163 QuashPhillips

QuashPhillips

WinMatrixian

• 173 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 04:34 PM

when you install leo your boot record well be messed. Use the ubuntu live cd and get into the terminal

type as follows in the terminal

sudo -s
fdisk /dev/sda (sda if its a laptop hda if its a desktop)

p (this command will show your partitions, the one with the asterisk is what is booting)

//* look at which ones have an asterisk and "de-asterisk" them. pay attention to whichever one is your vista partition

a (this command well set a boot flag (an asterisk) or "de-asterisk"

You will then get an option to pick a partition (1-4) chose the number that has the vista partition and hit enter

p (just to check to make sure the vista partition is the only one with an asterisk

w (this command writes the new partition table)

exit (exits you out of root)

exit ubuntu. restart your comp

your vista will boot, but now there is a winload.exe error. Boot the vista dvd and repair your comp. This error may not be there. If you dont have a vista dvd, not sure how to fix this error. You may be able to fix the errors in the live cd. Boot the Live cd and run these commands in the terminal after sudo -s. Either that or pick a torrent for the vista dvd tis the way i know. @ yanike chime in if you have another way

get to the command line, and type as such

bootrec.exe /fixMbr
bootrec.exe /fixBoot ( it may be capital F for both of these fixes I cant remember)

exit.

Edited by QuashPhillips, 30 May 2008 - 04:39 PM.

#164 phoenix_abhi

phoenix_abhi

Phoenix

• 787 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 01:48 AM

I have all required cd/dvd now. I will try it today and hope everything will go well Thanx quash P and Yanike

#165 phoenix_abhi

phoenix_abhi

Phoenix

• 787 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 03:32 PM

I had installed the Leo and it shown successfull. After rebooting "b0error" displayed. I fixed the vista MBR using Vista DVD. EasyBCD installed earlier and it shows only 2 OS (Vista and Leo). Selecting the Leo now shows another error "HFS partition error"
Please help me
I have only one HD and used one of the partition to install LEO

How can I fix easy BCD to show Ubuntu also in it ?

#166 QuashPhillips

QuashPhillips

WinMatrixian

• 173 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 07:01 PM

Ok, so looks like you just need to refresh the bootloader. Open up easy bcd and remove your mac loader (if it doesnt go away quit it and load it up again. In add an entry choose the generic max osx86 tab again and add the mac one. And then click on the linux tab select grub and then name it whatever then add entry, click the save button, exit and then reboot.

Should be successfuly triple bootin

#167 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 02:22 AM

Posted Image
You can find the update of this thread here

#168 juicy b

juicy b

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 03:17 PM

hi! i'm new here... i'm so interested on having my laptop transformed into mac os x. does this mean i can use all of the mac os x features if i install it?

#169 phoenix_abhi

phoenix_abhi

Phoenix

• 787 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 03:36 PM

Hello Yanike

Ur quoted updated site is not completely updated. What I meant is a step by step of Installation done by u will be very useful. There are 2 pre-installation screen shots of Leopard, for the second screen ur reply was to remove the partition with Ubuntu Live Cd. Which partition ? Actually how a pre-installation look like ?

#170 QuashPhillips

QuashPhillips

WinMatrixian

• 173 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 04:02 PM

Alright expect a brand new topic on how ive installed 10.5.2 complete with resources, dual/triple boot technique in the next 15-20 mins. Sorry it didnt come earlier Ive been extremely busy. Hot damn, Ive spent 30 mins on the write up and Im not even halfway. Will finish tonight if yall dont mind. thanks

Post edit: Im going to reinstall This OSX so I can get the necessary screenshots. I hope I'll be ready tomorrow morning

Edited by QuashPhillips, 17 June 2008 - 04:11 AM.

#171 phoenix_abhi

phoenix_abhi

Phoenix

• 787 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 01:38 AM

:lol:

Quash then that will also touch a new height longer than any other thread.
Thanx for taking the pain to write a guide for all of us. Hope whether 10.5.1 or 10.5.2, the procedure will be same :unsure: . Expecting some small screen shot (of more confusing area)
As mentioned in the thread installation always goes fine, but solution required for mainly partition (of a single HD with multiple booting), b0error and HFS+partition error. Googling brought so many result that several type of solutions are a lot confusing and most of them came out with no result

#172 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 05:29 AM

B)-->
QUOTE(juicy b @ Jun 16 2008, 10:17 AM) View Post

hi! i'm new here... i'm so interested on having my laptop transformed into mac os x. does this mean i can use all of the mac os x features if i install it?
[/quote]

Yes. Especially with 10.5.3

[quote name='phoenix_abhi' post='175290' date='Jun 16 2008, 10:36 AM']
Hello Yanike

Ur quoted updated site is not completely updated. What I meant is a step by step of Installation done by u will be very useful. There are 2 pre-installation screen shots of Leopard, for the second screen ur reply was to remove the partition with Ubuntu Live Cd. Which partition ? Actually how a pre-installation look like ?
[/quote]

It's hard to really make a guide because every Laptop and PC is different. That's why there are more Disc makes than Kalyway. You have to find the one that goes best with your computer and use it.

#173 QuashPhillips

QuashPhillips

WinMatrixian

• 173 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 04:06 AM

sorry bout the long wait people, Im still working on it, getting screenshots is proving to be a bit tricky

Edited by QuashPhillips, 19 June 2008 - 04:07 AM.

#174 phoenix_abhi

phoenix_abhi

Phoenix

• 787 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 04:50 PM

:no:
Hi Quash
I have installed Leo on a single HD along Vista and Ubuntu. After Reboot I have following problems
I need help to stick with LEO 10.5.1 (Kalyway)
Partitions Vista 1, Leo 2 and Ubuntu 5

1. First a b0 error fixed by fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0,flag 2 but every time I reboot DVD is required to boot in to Leo and faced trouble in logging in to other 2 OS
2. I tried flagging other partitions step by step with Leo DVd and repaired MBR of vista with Vista DVD and grub, but now HFS+partiton error appears
3. While installing I did not used Vanilla kernel and efi fix, selected guid method and realtek soundcard patch (do not remember), but sound is not working rest all fine

conclusion - I want triple boot from a single HD with sound Please help

Not using EasyBCD.

#175 phoenix_abhi

phoenix_abhi

Phoenix

• 787 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 06:31 PM

This is my LEO. Required DVD inside to get booting into leo :(
But still happy and posting through safari of MAC
One more doubt, What will the result of updating to 5.3 without installing Vanilla and the fix
:unsure: Posted Image

Edited by phoenix_abhi, 20 June 2008 - 06:31 PM.

#176 iJesse

iJesse

WinMatrixian

• 178 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 10:25 PM

Check out here <Link Removed>

#177 phoenix_abhi

phoenix_abhi

Phoenix

• 787 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 04:39 PM

:spam:

Hey

What URL is this

IT contains this Trojan-Clicker.HTML.IFrame.fh were found
U are trying to act smart or unawre ?

Edited by phoenix_abhi, 22 June 2008 - 04:41 PM.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!