Mac OSX Leopard 10.5 on PC

• Please log in to reply
176 replies to this topic

#121 darkredbbb

darkredbbb

Digital Artist

• 269 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 06:20 PM

To the guy with the Sony Vaio laptop. Be sure to have SSE 2 checked, Im pretty sure you have an SSE2 processor. Do you know what kind of wireless card you are rockin?

umm let me check..
it's Intel ® PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection .. guess it's not gonna work huh ? <_<
and yea i've took the test once, it's SSE2

Edited by darkredbbb, 16 March 2008 - 06:22 PM.

#122 Thomas - Dosanjh

Thomas - Dosanjh

Hope Runs Deep

• 225 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 08:25 PM

Hello again. Well cheers for the help so far =]
Unfortunatly I have no Vista Disks (Acer The Bastards dont provide them)
Is there any way that i can be certain that if i install mac I will be able to get back into windows?

#123 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 09:04 PM

Hello again. Well cheers for the help so far =]
Unfortunatly I have no Vista Disks (Acer The Bastards dont provide them)
Is there any way that i can be certain that if i install mac I will be able to get back into windows?

LOL! I had the same problem with Compaq. I called and got my Windows Vista disc for free and a long talk with them.

Make sure you keep a Ubuntu disk around to edit partitions and make adjustments.

My Leopard with XP SP3 installed with VirtualBox
Posted Image

Edited by yanike, 16 March 2008 - 10:11 PM.

#124 darkredbbb

darkredbbb

Digital Artist

• 269 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 04:41 PM

Alright I've downloaded the "KALYWAY LEO 10.5.1 Intel SSE2 SSE3" DVD, burned it using Alcohol 120%, and then I took the DVD and tried to install it on my laptop (check my sig for the information). So I clicked F8 then typed -v , and everything went good, there was scrolling text, lots of it, then it ends and a light blue screen appears and it stayed like that for hours :(
I also tried it on my PC, Pentium IV 2.6 Ghz, 768 Mb of RAM, same thing happened.

Anyone can help? Thanks :)

#125 wtigerks

wtigerks

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 06:27 PM

i got it to in stall but it will not boot up i need help i have
dell inspiron e1505n :)

#126 yanike

yanike

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 07:06 PM

Some people are having great success with Leopard. Some might need to use 10.4.11. I use it on my PC now and it runs great :)

One problem I had with Leopard was glitches with the graphics and other things not working. With 10.4.11 Mac runs like it should with no graphic or software problems on my PC.

#127 pm_41

pm_41

CS student

• 1,394 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 07:24 PM

I might run one of these images (either kalaway or iAtKos) under a Virtual PC just to know what it's like.

(Why won't Apple make Mac OS X available for all computers?!)

#128 QuashPhillips

QuashPhillips

WinMatrixian

• 173 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 11:40 PM

@darkredbbb Can you see anything that looks like something has failed to install when you are in that verbose mode? Also try these things below...

@wtigerks. Make sure that you format your drive as mbr, otherwise you will need the dvd to boot every time. Also is your inspiron dual core? Try disabling the dual core. Set "boot:cpus=1" or disable 'multicore support' in BIOS

#129 darkredbbb

darkredbbb

Digital Artist

• 269 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 11:50 PM

@darkredbbb Can you see anything that looks like something has failed to install when you are in that verbose mode? Also try these things below...

@wtigerks. Make sure that you format your drive as mbr, otherwise you will need the dvd to boot every time. Also is your inspiron dual core? Try disabling the dual core. Set "boot:cpus=1" or disable 'multicore support' in BIOS

yeah there are many things that failed in the verbose mode, plus I couldn't even get to the installer to set the method of formatting my drive, nor I have dual core..

#130 QuashPhillips

QuashPhillips

WinMatrixian

• 173 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 07:54 PM

plus I couldn't even get to the installer to set the method of formatting my drive,

What do you mean couldnt get the installer to set the method of formatting the drive, do you mean mbr, vs guid?

This on a note of randomness, are you at AUB? cant seem to find your town, one of my best boys schools there

#131 darkredbbb

darkredbbb

Digital Artist

• 269 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 10:45 PM

plus I couldn't even get to the installer to set the method of formatting my drive,

What do you mean couldnt get the installer to set the method of formatting the drive, do you mean mbr, vs guid?

This on a note of randomness, are you at AUB? cant seem to find your town, one of my best boys schools there

Here's what I've done:
I already have Windows Vista installed on a 20 GB partition, on a 40 GB HDD. The other 20 GB are unallocated space, and I was going to use them to install Mac OS X on that second partition, then dual boot according to this tutorial. So I've restarted my PC with the DVD inside, pressed F8, typed -v and entered verbose mode.
Usually after verbose mode comes the installer of Mac OS X where you format the drive right? Well I never got there because a light blue screen appeared.

And btw I'm still in high school, not in college yet :P Bauchrieh is in Beirut's suburbs, AUB is in Beirut :rolleyes: :)

#132 yanike

yanike

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 10:49 PM

There's another disc out that installs the latest patches to Leopard that fixes a lot of issues. I'm going to take a risk and instal it and report back how well it works.

#133 wtigerks

wtigerks

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 04:56 PM

i got xxxosx 10.4 working on my dell but i am not adle too install or get the sound to work any one how to get sound to work it has soundblaster on it and i dont know what the motherboerd sound driver are but i hope some one can help o and thanks for the help last time know we now it works :D

#134 QuashPhillips

QuashPhillips

WinMatrixian

• 173 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 05:21 PM

@darkredbbb dag, I dunno what to say. Somethin aint right, as yanike said there is a new patch out and ima try it out

@wtigerks glad to see you got your osx86 working wtigerks, You said you have 10.4 installed? Could you not get the 10.5.1 working, I dont know anything about the 10.4. But I did a lil googlin, and there is a new patch out there, which I will try out on my hp/compaq nc6400. I sold off my dell laptop a while back. And also sold off my ubuntu vaio.

Ever since finding this nc6400 on craigslist for a damn steal, it was prolly stolen. But I couldnt get kalyway to fully install on it. I sold off my ubuntu laptop for the same price as the nc6400 and sold the dell as well for a nice profit.

Give me a coupla days, and I'll let yall know how I fare with this "patch" I wont be able to mess around with it much though as Im quite busy in grad school

#135 matrixman5456

matrixman5456

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 11:02 PM

Hi. I am currently downloading Kalyway 10.5.1 until it finishes. So I want to ask you guys if my computer can run Mac OS X Leopard:

Gateway GM5632E Desktop Computer
(32-bit Operating System)
Windows Vista™ Home Premium

Processor:
Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q6600 2.40GHz

Memory:
3.00 GB DDR2 RAM (2 x 512 MB and 2 x 1024 MB)

Graphics Controller:
256MB nVidia GeForce 8500 GT Graphics Card

Storage:
2 x 500 GB SATA (7200 rpm) Hard Drives

Network:
Intel® 82562V-2 10/100 Network Connection

Audio:
Sigmatel High Definition Audio 2.0 Sound Card

Motherboard
Intel® DG33SXG2 AAD94468-500 (Intel G33 Express) Motherboard

Optical Drives:
IDE Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7173A SCSI (LabelFlash Technology)

Thank You!!! :D

Edited by matrixman5456, 31 March 2008 - 12:36 AM.

#136 ShamusHand

ShamusHand

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,574 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 11:29 PM

How can I set up a multi-boot with this?

#137 QuashPhillips

QuashPhillips

WinMatrixian

• 173 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 01:24 AM

easybcd does the trick

#138 yanike

yanike

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 08:27 PM

WOW! I just looked at the number of visits to this thread and I can honestly say I haven't seen a thread visited as many times as this one :) Especially a thread that's not pinned.

Edited by yanike, 06 April 2008 - 08:29 PM.

#139 Xzen

Xzen

Active WinMatrixian

• 293 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 12:49 PM

any tips on making Utorrent go faster for this thing? PM me

#140 Rollerpig

Rollerpig

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 03:25 PM

does anyone know what driver i should use for pny geforce 8400gs 256mb currently running on 10.5.1 amd , i looked at the wiki and saw that i should put the 10.5.2 patch but could someone be more specific
thnx
harmon

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!