Photo
- - - - -

Mac OSX Leopard 10.5 on PC

• Please log in to reply
176 replies to this topic

#101 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 06:22 PM

Ok, I don't get it guys. You treat me as I'm retard.

I know that OSX isn't designed for normal PCs and I know that it's illegal, I'm not a moron. I just said that I had bad expirience with installing OSX on my PC and that problem was in installer, not me. I've probably downloaded a badly hacked version of OSX, cause as I've mentioned before, the kind of error that happened during partition convertion shouldn't happen.

1) You're not a retard

2) You messed up when you blamed Apple for your Mistake the first time

3) Leopard is meant for Apple computers not PCs. Meaning if it's hacked to work on a PC it can and probably will screw up Windows, because it wasn't really made to dual boot with it.

4) There is a guide to dual boot the two. You have to install Kalyway first and then Vista.

5) Don't take it too personal. It was a mistake :) Learn from it.

Edited by yanike, 04 March 2008 - 08:17 PM.

#102 electricshock81

electricshock81

Active WinMatrixian

• 637 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 06:49 PM

I would have probably downloaded and installed MAC OSX now but I am on dial-up. I know, I know my life sucks!

#103 electricshock81

electricshock81

Active WinMatrixian

• 637 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 07:07 PM

Excluding the monthly desktop screenshots threads, is this the only other thread to reach a 100 posts?

#104 yanike

yanike

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 08:19 PM

Excluding the monthly desktop screenshots threads, is this the only other thread to reach a 100 posts?

LOL! :) It's a hot topic

I'm sure other threads have reached beyond this.

#105 JohnnyV1500

JohnnyV1500

Active WinMatrixian

• 487 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 09:44 PM

hahahaha

#106 QuashPhillips

QuashPhillips

WinMatrixian

• 173 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 06:29 AM

LOL bump for the post count, it sure is nice having a pc that boots osx. I prefer it to my ubuntu laptop. Besides, we do our best to help people out here. Anyone new to this can ask questions. Those who complain may expect to get bashed. There are things like a search button and google.

"try before you buy" If you are UNSURE about anything people, ASK US!!! We will try to help

#107 yanike

yanike

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 09:20 PM

:D

I found a way to dual boot with Leopard being the first installed :)

Now, I have both Windows and Leopard!!!!

This is Awesome!!!!

Edited by yanike, 08 March 2008 - 09:20 PM.

#108 Lance Goss

Lance Goss

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 01:49 AM

To Bad your a credit stealer this has been possible for a long time both for AMD and Intel i know that it works on AMD i tried it works fine info hear

http://wiki.osx86pro...x.php/Main_Page

http://www.osx86project.org/

yanike none of this is your work just taking credit for it shame on you :angry:

Edited by Lance Goss, 09 March 2008 - 01:53 AM.

#109 johnhoussock

johnhoussock

New WinMatrixian

• 16 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 02:40 AM

i am about to venture into the whole leopard on a pc and i just have some general questions befor a finally settle for one of the many tutorials out there and im hoping i can get some help from here.......when i got my computer my hard drive had already been partitioned because of a back up made of the system i since then have made a partition to dual boot vista with the original loaded xp. i dont know if the back up actually counts as a partition because i cant boot it but i do know i have two main partions the original being xp and the other being vista....my question for you is how safe would it be to wipe out the vista partition format and remake it to fat32 and have my system with my xp as the primary drive and then leopard on a partition? ...most of the tutorials seem to explain dual boot as load leopard on the computer and then make a partition and put windows on....i would rather do the opposite, keep my original windows and just make a partition to put leopard on...any input would be great, sorry if this is a very elementary question

#110 yanike

yanike

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 02:47 AM

To Bad your a credit stealer this has been possible for a long time both for AMD and Intel i know that it works on AMD i tried it works fine info hear

http://wiki.osx86pro...x.php/Main_Page

http://www.osx86project.org/

yanike none of this is your work just taking credit for it shame on you :angry:

What are you talking about? I give Kalyway full credit for this. I never once stated I'm behind the hacking and creation of this. All I did was post that I got it to work and been helping others to get it to work if I can.

---------

Also, I forgot to post where I got the help from.

To get it to dual boot. One thing I ran into trouble with was installing Vista instead of XP.
I'm gonna try to update XP to Vista to see if everything will still run correctly.

http://forum.insanel...showtopic=86792

Edited by yanike, 09 March 2008 - 02:52 AM.

#111 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 04:14 PM

:D

Posted Image

crobo,
The only time I've ever witnessed that screen was when I tried to boot it with VMWare. I took a risk and just said the heck with Windows and tried it native. Best risk I ever took. I'm not saying you do the same, but try at your own risk. Leopard worked perfectly for me. I'm using a brand new Compaq SR5250NX.

You guys makin' me real jealous. Thank god i'm getting a macbook tommorow :P :D

#112 Thomas - Dosanjh

Thomas - Dosanjh

Hope Runs Deep

• 225 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 05:23 PM

Well im very new to the whole mac hacking project thingy so I wanna ask a few questions before i get it installed so lets begin...

Well Im using an Intel Pentium T2310 Cpu Clocked @ 1.46 and its codename is Memron, Is this a sufficient enough speed for leopard?

My laptop is equiped with 2 gigs of ram (2 Slots are using 1024mb sticks each)

My Graphics sollution is the Intel X3100 (It is running Aero as I type this)

Can My laptop handle the godly mac effect?

Right A couple of weeks back I downloaded the Kalyway torrent and its sitting on my desktop right now.

Can you guys now tell me what programs, Equipment (USB drive) I need (Everything program. Including those for burning the image to the dvds)

I also popped around the shops and bought some DVD - R (Is 4.7 Gig enough to hold leopard). And finally can you guys run through the whole installation as detailed as possible (I dont want to mess up and ruin my laptop).

Thank you [Y]

#113 johnhoussock

johnhoussock

New WinMatrixian

• 16 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 08:44 PM

ok i just loaded iatkos leopard in a dual boot with vista......everything worked ace except for my sound im brand new to osx so is there any thing quick i can try or is there some kind of tutorial out there ?

#114 QuashPhillips

QuashPhillips

WinMatrixian

• 173 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 11:05 PM

@johnhoussock. I believe you can Once you boot the kalyway, have a look in disk utility to see if your vista partion shows up. If it does, format that as osx. And you should be good to go.

I think XP SP2 has a built in bootloader, I could be wrong. I cant believe Im such a vista head now I cant explain how to edit the boatloader in XP, because Vista makes it easy as f**k.

There is a program out there EasyBCD that should help make it easy to make sure you can dual boot both XP and osx.

oh damn, I didnt see your new post. Have you tried any other sound drivers that come on the iAtkos DVD or the Kalyway? You should be able to get sound working. What are your comp specs?

@Thomas. I'll try to make this as easy as possible. Are you looking to dual boot? Have you backed up all your data? I recommend doing a clean install. Cause you prolly have the install dvd's that came with your laptop. Your laptop sounds up to spec.

Boot your Kalyway disk and get up to the install screen, at the top, under utilities choose disk utility. And format your entire disk as mac extended, journaled. exit out of that.

click through the nexts, or ok's. Then a customize button should appear. Choose one kernel, leave sse2 unchecked, choose one sound driver, choose the video driver for X1300, choose the only network driver. Oh and choose the mbr as your bootloader.

You should have a clean install without any problems. Its probably best to have A dedicated Desktop so you can still browse online to see if you have problems, or Just buy another hard drive off craigslist for 30-40 bucks. This way is the easiest just in case you have problems, you could easily swap hard drives

If such an install is successful, I'd look into dual booting with easyBCD

Edited by QuashPhillips, 10 March 2008 - 11:08 PM.

#115 bhast2

bhast2

Hi I'm Win8

• 633 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 03:00 AM

got it working
never go back to windows again
I love it Leopard 10.5.2 version 2 AMD
Posted Image

Edited by bhast2, 13 March 2008 - 05:06 AM.

#116 brian502

brian502

New WinMatrixian

• 7 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 09:31 PM

how are you guys getting wireless to work? i'd consider re-installing leaopard if i could get wireless but no-one seems to be able to get it to work. it does work with tiger so i may go to that.

#117 darkredbbb

darkredbbb

Digital Artist

• 269 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 10:26 PM

I'm downloading Kalyway 10.5.1 DVD at the moment, until it's done, I wanna ask if my laptop can run Leopard:
VAIO VGN-BX561B
Intel ® Pentium ® M Processor 1.73 Ghz
512 MB of RAM (soon upgrading to 1 GB or even 2 GB)
Mobile Intel ® 915 GM/GMS/910 GML Express Chipset

Thanks! :)

#118 yanike

yanike

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 12:14 AM

how are you guys getting wireless to work? i'd consider re-installing leaopard if i could get wireless but no-one seems to be able to get it to work. it does work with tiger so i may go to that.

Have you tried copying the Wireless files from Tiger to Leopard to get it working?

Edited by yanike, 16 March 2008 - 12:15 AM.

#119 brian502

brian502

New WinMatrixian

• 7 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 01:50 AM

Have you tried copying the Wireless files from Tiger to Leopard to get it working?

No :(

im a mac noob so i have no idea how to do that. last time i tried playing with copying files nothing happened and i couldnt seem to take ownership of the files.

#120 QuashPhillips

QuashPhillips

WinMatrixian

• 173 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 04:23 PM

No :(

im a mac noob so i have no idea how to do that. last time i tried playing with copying files nothing happened and i couldnt seem to take ownership of the files.

First off, what are the specs of the wireless card. If you have the Intel/Pro wireless, your wireless wont work, or at least, I havent seen any in which they can get that card to work. A PCMCIA should do you some good if you want wireless.

To the guy with the Sony Vaio laptop. Be sure to have SSE 2 checked, Im pretty sure you have an SSE2 processor. Do you know what kind of wireless card you are rockin?

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!