Not really, I was trying first on an hp nc6400 core 2 duo when the install kept freezing and I was getting very frustrated as I couldnt find out why. The few times I did get it to install I kept getting a kernel panic. I couldnt figure out why.
I then tried it on that Sony Vaio Ive got gutsy gibbon on, and it installed without a damn problem, only the keyboard and mouse didnt work. Then I remembered I have a Dell d600 and tried it on that, and also got a kernel panic,
After booting in verbose mode I saw that a network interface was causing the panic so I disabled it and it booted fine. Look at what is causing the panic and try to disable it.
A quick google showed me this:
* Install Method: Kalyway 10.5.1 DVD, MBR
* Audio: Sigmatel 9205, patched with AppleHDA 1.16
* LAN: worked out-of-the-box
* Video: GeForce 8400M GS, everything working with NVInject
* Shortcut buttons working
* No battery monitoring, no wifi (Intel PRO/Wireless 3945abg)
Try disabling your onboard sound and then patch it with AppleHDA 1.16
Also your PCMCIA slots should work fine, you could buy you a card and perhaps get wireless working that way
Edited by QuashPhillips, 23 February 2008 - 03:03 PM.