Windows Longhorn “double-decker” Taskbar

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 TituFama

TituFama

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,392 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 12:10 AM

I usually prefer thin taskbar, but it looks quite good to me.

#22 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 01:58 PM

I have to say that this is the most UGLIEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN.

SIKE!!!!

This is f***ing beautiful and very nice. I'm sure if the concept goes through you will be able to shorten the dock. The dock is pretty huge but I think my 1440 x 900 res could handle it. For people having smaller res it may be a big probably. I still think LHR has the best Window designs. Also, the IM was the same kindof concept I suggested to AOL when OpenRide was in beta. AOL never took it though. Anyways, good luck to Microsoft! Hopefully they listen to user suggestions.

Edited by yanike, 17 December 2007 - 02:00 PM.

#23 gon1387

gon1387

WinMatrixian

• 111 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 02:31 PM

Its nice...nothing more....

Anyways, good luck to Microsoft! Hopefully they listen to user suggestions.

Microsoft Windows was, say, an institution (many would go against this...i know)...anyways...I agree with you...that they should heed their user suggestions. And of course, take actions. they should prioritize their users.
But but but, still, I won't abandon tux if i get a hand on that on that desktop. I really like that penguin. :D :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

#24 Johnnyboy

Johnnyboy

Drake

• 1,212 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 06:53 PM

Here is something similar for Windows Xp:
Click here

I wonder why fediaFedia didn't release this thing :mellow:

#25 fediaFedia

fediaFedia

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 07:29 PM

Here is something similar for Windows Xp:
Click here

I wonder why fediaFedia didn't release this thing :mellow:

I did, do you ever read my comment?!

I even tried a samurize concept for xp

#26 Fraxtil

Fraxtil

Junior Software Technician

• 193 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 11:08 PM

This is awesome! Hopefully they include it in Windows 7.

#27 Dr. Doom

Dr. Doom

Active WinMatrixian

• 529 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 08:06 PM

@fediaFedia - you are good... damn good
@microsoft - the next time you start to build a OS... please don't finish it.

#28 Tataarujin

Tataarujin

Fight to the end. Be in the shadows.

• 422 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

I'm sorry for bumping 5 years old topic, but I read this NEW article showcasing some unseen LH concepts: http://www.zdnet.com...ate-7000007363/.

This article got HUGE inspiration on me. Let me propose idea: we'll bring together our powers and make online petition to bring some of these concepts to life. I know, 100% similarity would be a fat chance, but shouldn't we at least try? (I do this because of the new chief of Windows division, she might listen to us)

#29 Mellexx

Mellexx

StanceWorks Addicted

• 329 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:42 PM

I'm sorry for bumping 5 years old topic, but I read this NEW article showcasing some unseen LH concepts: http://www.zdnet.com...ate-7000007363/.

This article got HUGE inspiration on me. Let me propose idea: we'll bring together our powers and make online petition to bring some of these concepts to life. I know, 100% similarity would be a fat chance, but shouldn't we at least try? (I do this because of the new chief of Windows division, she might listen to us)

I completely agree on this. I'm using a longhorn theme on my windows 7 and I always seem to go back to it. I first started getting into computers just before longhorn took on the Aero concept. I was only 9 or 10 at the time mind you, but it drove me to mess around with computers trying to hack Aero on unsupported systems and led the way for me to really get into computers. Longhorn was a complete inspiration, and I still feel it's one of THE best UI designs to date. To me it still feels and looks way more fluid than Windows 8's UI is. Please don't think I'm trying to turn this into a Windows 8 Hate thread, I'm not I'm just stating how I feel LH even as old as it is now still has practical application

#30 ThunderROM

ThunderROM

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,637 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:55 PM

I'm a huge fan of Longhorn UI minus the waste of screen real estate.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!