Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Windows XP SP3 Uxtheme.dll (5512, 5508, 3311, 3282, 3264, 3244, 3205)

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Another_User

Another_User

uhmmm...

• 326 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 03:17 PM

Hi'
I have a Build 2600.xpsp.080413-2111 Service Pack 3 With Stylyxp 3.19 and I downloaded 5512 and I still get Stylexp cannot be enable on this system. And 5512 is not on StyleXP Build List

StyleXP is not sp3 compatible because they haven't updated it (and not going to)..
So you have switched the original uxtheme.dll with a patched one?
Then you don't need StyleXP since the uxtheme is already patched....

If you still want to use it for the logons etc. you can try to disable the 'theming in memory'? (turn off)
If i remember correcly you can use StyleXP without the engine running in the background
(so you can still apply themes etc. but it doesn't do the patching)

Hope this helpes...
A_U

#22 spawn1980

spawn1980

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 07:51 PM

Hi'
I have a Build 2600.xpsp.080413-2111 Service Pack 3 With Stylyxp 3.19 and I downloaded 5512 and I still get Stylexp cannot be enable on this system. And 5512 is not on StyleXP Build List

StyleXP is not sp3 compatible because they haven't updated it (and not going to)..
So you have switched the original uxtheme.dll with a patched one?
Then you don't need StyleXP since the uxtheme is already patched....

If you still want to use it for the logons etc. you can try to disable the 'theming in memory'? (turn off)
If i remember correcly you can use StyleXP without the engine running in the background
(so you can still apply themes etc. but it doesn't do the patching)

Hope this helpes...
A_U

If style XP is no good what can I use intead for visual Style BESIDE WindowBLind Major SLowdown... Nevermind I went in my windows theme and there was a bunch of new stuff I guess from vista Visual Style. COOL :woot: 2 more Questions.
1. Will this eat any resoucre
2. Where do I find more Style that I can use with uxtheme

Edited by spawn1980, 30 July 2008 - 07:59 PM.

#23 Gragier_521

Gragier_521

WinMatrixer

• 1,785 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 09:13 PM

No

Internet is full of them. Browse Deviantart.com, Custromize.org or see the released visual styles forum of WinMatrix.

#24 spawn1980

spawn1980

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:24 PM

No

Internet is full of them. Browse Deviantart.com, Custromize.org or see the released visual styles forum of WinMatrix.

Cool Thanks.

#25 spawn1980

spawn1980

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 06:20 PM

How do I install these Visual Theme. I thought you just have to copy and paste the folder in C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes BUT I guess I was WRONG. Any help would be great.

#26 Another_User

Another_User

uhmmm...

• 326 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 07:13 PM

How do I install these Visual Theme. I thought you just have to copy and paste the folder in C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes BUT I guess I was WRONG. Any help would be great.

This is correct, you should copy and paste them in the x:\windows\resources\themes dir
with the same structure as Luna;

x:\windows\resources\themes
-> luna.theme
x:\windows\resources\themes\Luna
-> luna.msstyle

So IE:

x:\windows\resources\themes
-> Test.theme
x:\windows\resources\themes\Test
-> Test.msstyle

And you don't actually need the .theme file..
Now if you double click on the Test.msstyle file it should open a new window...
Just to be sure.... You did actually patched the uxtheme.dll with a patcher or by hand right?
If so, you can press apply in the new window....

Hope this helpes,
A_U

#27 2umind

2umind

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 11:17 AM

Just in case anybody wants to know, if you have any little extra things like
custom Log off box , Turn off Computer box , etc. modifications that don't work
because you cannot enable StyleXP in SP3, all you have to do is put a check
next to Reapply Theme at Startup, Query Theme Manager for styles, and
Run at Startup. Then restart and apply the Theme or Visual Style
by right clicking on your desktop and going to either Theme
or Visual Styles and select the one with the modifications.

Also you might have to delete uxtheme.dll from C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386
So that it doesn't use that vesion to replace the new one you put in system32.

and also maybe replace _uxtheme.dll in system32 by renaming a copy of the patched
uxtheme to _uxtheme.dll and pasting it into system32. When asked to replace just
say yes.

#28 kilowatt1000k

kilowatt1000k

My First Post!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:43 AM

Update: You can download the patched uxtheme.dll for Windows XP SP3 5512 (final version) from HERE

Windows XP SP3 5512 (Final Version):
Download it Here

Previous Windows XP SP3 RC2 5508:
Download it Here

Previous Windows XP SP3 RC2 3311:
Download it Here

Windows XP SP3 RC1 3282:
Download it Here

Windows XP SP3 RC1 3264:
Download it Here

Old Windows XP SP3 RC Beta 3244:
Download it Here

Old Windows XP SP3 Beta 3205:

Download it Here

Oldest Windows XP SP3 Beta 3180:
Download it Here

Developed by: WithinWindows.com

Uxtheme.dll by default prevents users from installing themes that are not digitally signed by Microsoft. By patching this DLL, you can install all third party visual styles (.msstyles) that are not digitally signed.

I was just wondering which link is the right one for my version of windows xp which goes like this: Version 5.1 (Build 2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.080814-1236 : Service Pack 3). How would i know which link from those you posted to download since i'm obviously too dumb to figure out my own windows version. Please help :)

#29 AMIRZ

AMIRZ

Loyal Member and Friend

• 2,033 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 11:31 AM

Best Solution: Get TuneUp Utilities 2008 legally for free Here. You won't need uxtheme.dll patch anymore after using it (Tuneup Styler), and there's no more system file hacked to get third party VS (patched in memory only), that also means you can always update your Windows (i.e install newer Service Pack) without "repatching" the binary anytime :D Anyway good luck

#30 PurplePeopleEater

PurplePeopleEater

I'm an Android fanboy sue me

• 4,090 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 07:22 PM

^
Why did you dig up this thread just to promote the new tuneup utilities free lisence?

I prefer the patched uxtheme.dll so it isnt a better solution it's an alternate solution

#31 AMIRZ

AMIRZ

Loyal Member and Friend

• 2,033 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 06:21 AM

^
Why did you dig up this thread just to promote the new tuneup utilities free lisence?

I prefer the patched uxtheme.dll so it isnt a better solution it's an alternate solution

:lol: Hey mate i didn't mean to do it, before i posting that, i saw this thread was just bumped by someone above me (kilowatt1000k, as you can read and compare my and his post date/time) and this thread was already above board (bumped). I just wanted to help him (if this thread had been back below, surely i won't post!).

Nothing to promote (you know i didn't get any personal advantage, but just wanted to help him/people as i could), bcoz so far i've seen this thread might be often bumped by people with problem about uxtheme.dll patch i.e when installing update/service pack (bcoz if you updated your Windows, the patched uxtheme.dll file could be replaced and you'll always need to repatch and repatch it again), so i just wanted to tell him another info/alternative here (Tuneup Utilities only patches the theme in memory (using its own service), not the binary, regardless of the built, so even i can say it's "much better", sorry again it's just my opinion, especially bcoz you will use the theme engine forever without any problem with Windows update. Note: Rafael will also create the memory-based patch for free in the future, can't wait for it :D ), and hopefully this thread won't be bumped anymore in the future. Still their/your choice to either use it or uxtheme.dll patch though, again, just for the information. Sorry for the misunderstanding (me??) and basically i'll always hate to dig up any old thread. OK mate? :)

PS: Sorry to everybody for bumping this sh**t, just for clarification...

Edit: Hey, how about this good idea: every topic should be closed after i.e 6 months or one year (except the pinned or unanswered one) :D

Edited by AMIRZ, 15 April 2009 - 12:42 PM.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!