8 replies to this topic

#1 TomD22

TomD22

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 02:42 PM

Hey,

After following the (very helpful) guides here to getting dreamscene working on vista non-ultimate versions, I spent a while hunting around for some HD content based on the matrix falling text to use.

There are plenty of screensavers, and even some .dreams (no use, unfortantely, as deskscape requires ultimate) but no suitable HD .mpg or .wmv content avaialable.

So, I've made my own, just by taking a 60 second screen recording of the rather good matrix screensaver (from http://www.meticulous-software.co.uk/) and sticking a transition on it to make it loop in windows movie maker.

It's 1920x1080, so suitable for widescreen monitors or HD-tvs.

Notes:

File size is 19.2MB. Attached below, or download it here: http://files-upload....7537/matrix.wmv

After encoding it, the black background looks a bit washed out. Now, that might just be my video playback settings and it may look fine to you - I was certainly able to fix it, and make it look as good as the original, by altering the video playback colour and contrast settings with the nvidia control panel - if it doesn't look perfect to you you could do the same (or the ati equivalent).

Also, the loop transition is kinda dodgy. With only movie maker at my disposal, I can't really see a way around that. Sorry. It's very bearable (imo), though.

Oh yeah, and finally: although the original recording played back very smooth, and the preview of the encoding also looked fine the final result seems a little choppy. I don't know why. I might even be imagining it. It shouldn't be a hardware problem with a quad-core processor for playback. So if it looks a little juddery to anyone else and you have any suggestions, by all means post 'em...

Heh, caveats and negatives aside, after a lot of google-trawling I think this is a better+simpler solution to getting matrix code on my desktop without needing deskscape than can be found anywhere else on the web, so I hope people like it :)
(and if you don't, seeing how simple it was to do, come up with a better version for us all! :P)

#2 TituFama

TituFama

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,392 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 12:43 AM

Welcome to WinMatrix TomD22. That's really a nice video for DreamScene!

Screenshot:
Posted Image

#3 timbertide

timbertide

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,317 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 01:55 AM

I can't play it more than 3 seconds on VLC.

#4 mnarvind11

mnarvind11

My First Post!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 07:03 AM

its not possile to download the 18 mb file so kindly check it

#5 _deXter_

_deXter_

The Lord of the Scripts

• 306 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 05:31 PM

Heh, caveats and negatives aside, after a lot of google-trawling I think this is a better+simpler solution to getting matrix code on my desktop without needing deskscape than can be found anywhere else on the web, so I hope people like it :)
(and if you don't, seeing how simple it was to do, come up with a better version for us all! :P)

ZMatrix is one of the best desktop matrix code generators I've come across. There may be something better, but this was the best thing there was when the Matrix was the "in thing".

Uses very low RAM and CPU (I used it on a P3-450) and quite customizable. Can display some really interesting effects with certain wallpapers. Works on Win 9x and XP.

PS: Try it out with the System Shock 2 wallpaper for a wicked cool effect.

#6 TomD22

TomD22

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 06:18 PM

I'll re-upload it somewhere better, mnarvind.

No idea what your problem could be, timbertide, sorry. It's just a .wmv, no fancy codecs or anything needed. Can windows media player play it ok?

Alternative download link (for anyone else having problems): http://www.savefile.com/files/1042751

@dexter: interesting. I didn't come across that one. Looks like it would make a good alternative to doing it with dreamscene. EDIT: ah, unfortunately it doesn't work fully with vista. It covers vista desktop icons, and also tries to render the content of any open windows, etc, that are there when it starts up, into it's background. It's still pretty cool though, I can imagine it would be great fully working.

Edited by TomD22, 09 September 2007 - 07:17 PM.

#7 TheGreenMan

TheGreenMan

GreenMan

• 1,635 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 06:15 AM

Thanks for sharing the video.

#8 narco

narco

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 09:33 AM

Good Job dude. But I'll still can see this .WMI format in HD? weather it clear. wait till I get back DL and see if it clear with dvd.

I'll have try to edit this matrixcode from dvd still not smooth as the code must fall match.

anyway keeep up and post the perfect matrixcode for dreamscene vista ultimate

B) I Believe---

#9 arkanbh

arkanbh

WinMatrixian

• 212 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 02:13 PM

i cannot download :(

please rapidshare or....multiple share http://tinyload.com/

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!