46 replies to this topic

#21 Qubbie

Qubbie

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 08:14 AM

This pack is very good.

But I must bring forward a problem that has arisen after using some tweaks.

I applied some internet tweaks and I'm now experiencing some problems with my internet. I've try many browsers now, and whenever I load a page, and sometimes around half way loaded, Firefox is telling me the connection to the server was lost, and I have to repetitively press refresh to load the website.
Refreshing the site so much due to this problem also causes the site not to load properly.

Is it the fact that I may have applied a tweak that I shouldn't have?
I'm on a wireless network, is that the conflict?
I've checked firewall settings, all seems good.

Now, your going to tell me this "do a system restore" and to my surprise I was presented with the fact that it had been disabled. I recently had a bizarre virus attack, so it must have been what disabled it.

Is there some way I can fix this problem? Please help me! :( :( :(

#22 fediaFedia

fediaFedia

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:00 PM

Is really safe? You can do a backup?

It is safe! But If you worry so much just make a backup of the registry: Run...>regedit>File>Export
PS I suggest trying boot tweaks - it boosted my booting 4 times :blink: !

#23 tosbsas

tosbsas

WinMatrixian

• 74 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 02:01 PM

nod ess will not let me donwload it - says contains backdoor trojan or something

30.08.2007 08:57:49 HTTP filter file http://fc02.devianta..._Picassa243.zip Win32/PSWTool.RAS.A application connection terminated - quarantined

Ruben

#24 mofd509

mofd509

New WinMatrixian

• 37 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 05:59 PM

TOSBSAS.............I ran into the same problem with the...............

C:\Downloads\XP_Optimizer_Pro_v2_0_by_Picassa243.zip=>XP_Optimizer_Pro_v2_0_by_Picassa243/XP Optmizer Pro/Desktop/Hide Desktop/Hide.reg=>(unicode) Infected:Trojan.Nodesktop.A (Link provided as definition)
C:\Downloads\XP_Optimizer_Pro_v2_0_by_Picassa243.zip=>XP_Optimizer_Pro_v2_0_by_Picassa243/XP Optmizer Pro/Desktop/Hide Desktop/Hide.reg=>(unicode) Disinfection failed

It is not a trojan. Do not worry about it. I had the same concerns and THOOSJE helped out.

MEDIC

#25 tosbsas

tosbsas

WinMatrixian

• 74 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 09:25 PM

how did he help - I could restore it from the quarantine folder (:-))

Ruben

#26 Picasa243

Picasa243

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 08:40 AM

TOSBSAS.............I ran into the same problem with the...............

C:\Downloads\XP_Optimizer_Pro_v2_0_by_Picassa243.zip=>XP_Optimizer_Pro_v2_0_by_Picassa243/XP Optmizer Pro/Desktop/Hide Desktop/Hide.reg=>(unicode) Infected:Trojan.Nodesktop.A (Link provided as definition)
C:\Downloads\XP_Optimizer_Pro_v2_0_by_Picassa243.zip=>XP_Optimizer_Pro_v2_0_by_Picassa243/XP Optmizer Pro/Desktop/Hide Desktop/Hide.reg=>(unicode) Disinfection failed

It is not a trojan. Do not worry about it. I had the same concerns and THOOSJE helped out.

MEDIC

Its very easy to run around and complain but do you think you have ever wanted to use your brain or you so blindly rely on an anti-virus solution that it consumes all your powers to think. Listen carefully the tweak is not a virus its a registry entry to hide the desktop. Its also present in Icon Packagers tweakshell.exe. Its a registry tweak not a virus. What do you think? AM I DISTRIBUTING SOME SORT OF CRAP HERE ON WINMATRIX!!!!. Be careful with your comments next time.

nod ess will not let me donwload it - says contains backdoor trojan or something

30.08.2007 08:57:49 HTTP filter file http://fc02.devianta..._Picassa243.zip Win32/PSWTool.RAS.A application connection terminated - quarantined

Ruben

Why do you users use bogus antiviruses [b]nod ess[b] never heard the name before! Also used trusted anti-virus solutions such as Kaspersky or Symantec. The pack has benn scanned thoroughly to ensure your safety before it was uploaded!

This pack is very good.

But I must bring forward a problem that has arisen after using some tweaks.

I applied some internet tweaks and I'm now experiencing some problems with my internet. I've try many browsers now, and whenever I load a page, and sometimes around half way loaded, Firefox is telling me the connection to the server was lost, and I have to repetitively press refresh to load the website.
Refreshing the site so much due to this problem also causes the site not to load properly.

Is it the fact that I may have applied a tweak that I shouldn't have?
I'm on a wireless network, is that the conflict?
I've checked firewall settings, all seems good.

Now, your going to tell me this "do a system restore" and to my surprise I was presented with the fact that it had been disabled. I recently had a bizarre virus attack, so it must have been what disabled it.

Is there some way I can fix this problem? Please help me! :( :( :(

This problem is caused due to your own Folly. The internet tweaks if you read before applying were for Broadband and dial-up. Why the hell did you use it for a wireless connection. Your TCP/IP settings need to be restored. You can use System Restore or you can rebuild your TCP/IP stack through DOS.

#27 tosbsas

tosbsas

WinMatrixian

• 74 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 01:30 PM

why are you unfriendly?? Cause we have serious questions about your big sum up of tweaks? Which by the way many are out of date for a long time.

And what you call helpfile is a run away joke - what kind of help is "install this and that"

So please don't be rude cause people ask questions. If you don't want that, don't post.

Ruben

PS: ESS is ESet Smart Security from the Nod 32 guys - many poeple say its the new star on the horizon, leaving Kapersky behind. And I doubt even more of your tweakstuff when reading you recommend Norton.So that we can use your norton tweaks?

#28 mofd509

mofd509

New WinMatrixian

• 37 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 07:42 PM

Yea man, take a chill pill. As far as you distributing bad stuff on WinMatrix, I do not have the slightest who you are and could care less. I am going to check everything that comes across my desktop. Short of you being my bestfriend, I am still going to check everything.

Nothing personnel against you, but I was using Bit Defender v10 (I would assume that it is known) and it brought up the trojan. That is why I posted a question about it. I did not want to make a mistake and assume that it was a virus. If you cannot take a little questioning, then stop posting your crap.

As far as using my brain, I am not a computer genius like your smart a#$ might think that you are. Again, that is why I posted the question to whoever might answer. I am sure that somebody out there might have an answer. Using your brain is also using the resources that are avaiable to you not just blindly thinking that you know everything. Because, I will be the first to tell you, I do not know everything.

MEDIC

#29 Picasa243

Picasa243

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 06:50 AM

why are you unfriendly?? Cause we have serious questions about your big sum up of tweaks? Which by the way many are out of date for a long time.

And what you call helpfile is a run away joke - what kind of help is "install this and that"

So please don't be rude cause people ask questions. If you don't want that, don't post.

Ruben

PS: ESS is ESet Smart Security from the Nod 32 guys - many poeple say its the new star on the horizon, leaving Kapersky behind. And I doubt even more of your tweakstuff when reading you recommend Norton.So that we can use your norton tweaks?

If you call that a run-away joke then your a joke yourself. What should a helpfile tell then? Its actually for people who have idea about registry tweaking, If you dont know how to tweak the registry then dont complain. I am not unfriendly. People at D.A have loved my work. But people here are simply nonsense who dont deserve anything good complaining about Virus this Virus that! You ignore Thoosje's comment, you ignore Fedia's comment and most of all you ignore mine! the authors comments and your not willing to listen to anything then what can I say?

Yea man, take a chill pill. As far as you distributing bad stuff on WinMatrix, I do not have the slightest who you are and could care less. I am going to check everything that comes across my desktop. Short of you being my bestfriend, I am still going to check everything.

Nothing personnel against you, but I was using Bit Defender v10 (I would assume that it is known) and it brought up the trojan. That is why I posted a question about it. I did not want to make a mistake and assume that it was a virus. If you cannot take a little questioning, then stop posting your crap.

As far as using my brain, I am not a computer genius like your smart a#$ might think that you are. Again, that is why I posted the question to whoever might answer. I am sure that somebody out there might have an answer. Using your brain is also using the resources that are avaiable to you not just blindly thinking that you know everything. Because, I will be the first to tell you, I do not know everything.

MEDIC

Well Medic, I see that Bit Defender is giving you a wrong warning. Is stardock's Icon Packager also infected with Trojan.NoDesktop.A? This is a registry tweak and not a virus. And if you dont believe me a senior member of Deviant art whose sidebar youve been using in your PC and another one has replied to your queiry if you are so much into believing this crap nonsense that yu avoid their replies....... <_<

#30 fediaFedia

fediaFedia

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 01:00 PM

MEDIC

Bit Defender v10 is a bad antivirus. It can sometimes show false alerts. In computerbild magazine it took 7th place and the free version of it - 9th place! When Kaspersky internet security 6 Took 1st. place for quality!

#31 tosbsas

tosbsas

WinMatrixian

• 74 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 01:46 PM

If you call that a run-away joke then your a joke yourself. What should a helpfile tell then? Its actually for people who have idea about registry tweaking, If you dont know how to tweak the registry then dont complain. I am not unfriendly. People at D.A have loved my work. But people here are simply nonsense who dont deserve anything good complaining about Virus this Virus that! You ignore Thoosje's comment, you ignore Fedia's comment and most of all you ignore mine! the authors comments and your not willing to listen to anything then what can I say?

Well, maybe you should read a little bit moreand scream less. What kind of comment is that - here on this forum people are simply nonsense - you must have gone over the edge somewhere.

To the helpfile: I expect a helpfile - and by the way I am very seasoned betatester and registry editor - to tell me what some files might do, and for example tell me that if I have a new centrino processor, the famous l2Cache trick is meant only for older processors that have the cache located apart form its own structure. You know what the word "help" means, don't you.

Fedias and Thoosjes comment were - he helped me, but as I said the great ESS Suite stopped me from downloading it and only a trick made it possible to look into that pile of outdated crap you call xpoptimizer.

Thats it for me - if you cannot listen, not read and are insulting poeple here, why don't you just take a hike to another place and stop offering it here.

Yours sincerely

Ruben

PS: Will post this on DA too

Guys you should check thi sout on DA - this fellow only insults people over there too - best thing he claims "I have great contact to the moderators, I can get your account canceled" - now thats the atitude of a guy who knows about computers, who's stuff I wanna have on my machine - no way

Edited by tosbsas, 01 September 2007 - 01:50 PM.

#32 fediaFedia

fediaFedia

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 03:46 PM

Well, maybe you should read a little bit moreand scream less. What kind of comment is that - here on this forum people are simply nonsense - you must have gone over the edge somewhere.

To the helpfile: I expect a helpfile - and by the way I am very seasoned betatester and registry editor - to tell me what some files might do, and for example tell me that if I have a new centrino processor, the famous l2Cache trick is meant only for older processors that have the cache located apart form its own structure. You know what the word "help" means, don't you.

Fedias and Thoosjes comment were - he helped me, but as I said the great ESS Suite stopped me from downloading it and only a trick made it possible to look into that pile of outdated crap you call xpoptimizer.

Thats it for me - if you cannot listen, not read and are insulting poeple here, why don't you just take a hike to another place and stop offering it here.

Yours sincerely

Ruben

PS: Will post this on DA too

Guys you should check thi sout on DA - this fellow only insults people over there too - best thing he claims "I have great contact to the moderators, I can get your account canceled" - now thats the atitude of a guy who knows about computers, who's stuff I wanna have on my machine - no way

NOT TRUE! XP optimizer is not crap - it is a very usefull pack of much needed registry tweaks! Picassa Has learned registry for 3 years so he knows what he's doing The tweaks work very good! I've boosted computer with them up to 4x times! If you don't understand what a registry tweak does - DON"T use it! and the help file is just fine! Picassa isn't insulting anyone on DeviantArt! It's only that people here at winmatrix aren't so friendly as on DA! He is very polite and nice on DeviantArt - and everybody appreciates his hard work there.
so i'm very sad that people don't see the value of true hard work here on winmatrix! :(

#33 tosbsas

tosbsas

WinMatrixian

• 74 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 07:27 PM

do you read da?? He is hollering the same way he is here

And yes hat stuff is old and often useless

And I am out of here

Ruben

#34 M.Sudoku

M.Sudoku

Super Duper WinMatrixian

• 2,191 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 11:13 AM

@fediaFedia
People on WinMatrix always appreciate hardwork. DA is very vast and you can find every type of users there. Even such who don't know much about computing, that's why you don't usually find much critical comments there. The things are not like that here.

If someone is having any problem then you can't refrain him from posting and asking for help. :)

#35 Skot

Skot

f**k sleep!

• 694 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 02:24 PM

Wow, I think this thread needs some water thrown on it. :lol: :P

And Picasa, if someone simply asks about something they found, and it's something of that extent, you shouldn't get all defensive.
Of course, if your anti-virus says it's a virus, you're going to start asking questions. Just like if the police said your neighbor was a criminal.

And if you don't like the way people act to you here, after (from what I've read) you've been so rude, and defensive, then you should just go back to Deviant Art.
I mean, no offense, but it's true.

And as far as these XP optimizer, I haven't downloaded it, because I don't really want 3,000 registry tweaks, but that's just me. Lots of other people love to use registry tweaks.

Skot :)

#36 mofd509

mofd509

New WinMatrixian

• 37 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 03:25 PM

First off I want to apologize to everybody for me asking a question about the STUPID XP Optimizer v2. I should have blindly used the STUPID XP Optimizer v2 and not asked any questions about it. What the hell was I thinking. I guess that I was thinking that some worthless piece of crap, like Picasa243, would be happy to answer a question about something that he posted. I also thought that he would have been happy to help out and discuss something that he worked hard on (I guess he worked hard on it). Do not worry, it will not happen again. When I have a question about something, I will just not use it.

I also want to apologize to everybody that has to continue to see this topic (STUPID XP Optimizer v2) on the "Latest Discussion" list. I am sure that there is more important things to talk about, wait.......I know that there are.

I want to thank the people that actually helped out with my question and gave me some good information. I am just sorry that I will not be using the information that you provided, because of the STUPID XP Optimizer v2.

Skot and M.Sudoku............You are correct in the comments that you posted. Thank you very much. I might not be a computer genius like the STUPID XP Optimizer v2 guy, that is why I posted the question.

MEDIC

#37 tosbsas

tosbsas

WinMatrixian

• 74 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 09:12 PM

good choice - lets burn STUPID XP Optimizer v2 - its not worth it

Ruben

#38 Picasa243

Picasa243

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 08:49 AM

Wow, I think this thread needs some water thrown on it. :lol: :P

And Picasa, if someone simply asks about something they found, and it's something of that extent, you shouldn't get all defensive.
Of course, if your anti-virus says it's a virus, you're going to start asking questions. Just like if the police said your neighbor was a criminal.

And if you don't like the way people act to you here, after (from what I've read) you've been so rude, and defensive, then you should just go back to Deviant Art.
I mean, no offense, but it's true.

And as far as these XP optimizer, I haven't downloaded it, because I don't really want 3,000 registry tweaks, but that's just me. Lots of other people love to use registry tweaks.

Skot :)

Thankyou! Things can be asked nicely though cant they like you just asked and you deserve a kind comment

Yes, I will answer all these questions of Virus and blah blah nonsense after which Tosbas (Ruben) and others will use their brains to think.

1- Please tell me where in the hell would you find a 1KB virus. This is the stupidest joke Ive ever heard. Registry files with .reg entries are not viruses only exe files are viruses.

2- The tweak that Bitdefender catches as a virus Trojan. NoDesktop.A is actually a registry tweak also present in Stardock Icon Packager. How will you answer that. Now do reputable companies also make viruses?

If stupid Ruben has any technical answers then I would really like to hear his nonsense!

#39 mofd509

mofd509

New WinMatrixian

• 37 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 05:12 PM

Thankyou! Things can be asked nicely though cant they like you just asked and you deserve a kind comment

Yes, I will answer all these questions of Virus and blah blah nonsense after which Tosbas (Ruben) and others will use their brains to think.

First off, I want to verify the question that I asked. It was nice. Look below. I did not assume that it was a virus, I wanted to asked you or somebody that new more about it than I did.

I do have one question about XP Optimizer pro v2. When I downloaded it and of course I did a virus scan on it using BitDefender Antivirus Plus v10, like I do everything that I download, it showed this.............

Know by all means if it is false then let me know. I was wanting to use it. But you can understand my question.......THANKS!

1- Please tell me where in the hell would you find a 1KB virus. This is the stupidest joke Ive ever heard. Registry files with .reg entries are not viruses only exe files are viruses.

2- The tweak that Bitdefender catches as a virus Trojan. NoDesktop.A is actually a registry tweak also present in Stardock Icon Packager. How will you answer that. Now do reputable companies also make viruses?

Second Off, I do not know alot about viruses and that is why I asked the question. I did not know that a virus could not be 1KB. Being a 31 year old firefighter/paramedic, I could only be lucky and grow one day and be half as a smarta#$ as you, or sorry I mean smart guy like you.

Third off, I have and used Stardock's Icon Packager and when I downloaded it, BitDefender did not say anything about it having a virus. I checked it.

I have an idea...........cancel your account, here at WinMatrix and go the hell back DeviantArt. I am tired of hearing you run off at the mouth. Nobody gives a crap about what you have to say. If you would have started off being a nice guy and just answer a simple question, that I posted, then you would not have been given a hard time. Ruben only had the same question that I had. I use my brain at the fire department on a daily basis. The decision's that I make either save a life or take one. So, shut the hell up and start using your mind.

MEDIC

#40 Skot

Skot

f**k sleep!

• 694 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 05:57 PM

First off, I want to verify the question that I asked. It was nice. Look below. I did not assume that it was a virus, I wanted to asked you or somebody that new more about it than I did.

I do have one question about XP Optimizer pro v2. When I downloaded it and of course I did a virus scan on it using BitDefender Antivirus Plus v10, like I do everything that I download, it showed this.............

Know by all means if it is false then let me know. I was wanting to use it. But you can understand my question.......THANKS!

Second Off, I do not know alot about viruses and that is why I asked the question. I did not know that a virus could not be 1KB. Being a 31 year old firefighter/paramedic, I could only be lucky and grow one day and be half as a smarta#$ as you, or sorry I mean smart guy like you.

Third off, I have and used Stardock's Icon Packager and when I downloaded it, BitDefender did not say anything about it having a virus. I checked it.

I have an idea...........cancel your account, here at WinMatrix and go the hell back DeviantArt. I am tired of hearing you run off at the mouth. Nobody gives a crap about what you have to say. If you would have started off being a nice guy and just answer a simple question, that I posted, then you would not have been given a hard time. Ruben only had the same question that I had. I use my brain at the fire department on a daily basis. The decision's that I make either save a life or take one. So, shut the hell up and start using your mind.

MEDIC

I can only say one thing...
Agreed.
:lol:

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!