No replies to this topic

#1 bogdan_5844

bogdan_5844

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 11:38 AM

hy
here's my problem,i don't know how to describe it but...oh well...
I have 2 computers: an PackardBell EasyNoteMX and a Desktop computer

When I started the laptop first time,a window from PackardBell InfoCentre appeared,asking me to insert a blank DVD in order to make a Windows recovery disk to use for repairing or reinstalling windows vista home premium.Ok,good till now.

On the desktop PC,i have 2 hard drives,one 80GB and the other 120 GB.On the smaller one,i had 2 partitions,one with windows XP SP2,and one with my sister's music and pictures.Windows XP (I don't know how,I only work at my laptop)had screwed up,after initializing the sistem showing up DISK BOOT FAILURE,INSERT SYSTEM BOOT DISK AND PRESS ENTER(Just like there was no OS on the PC).

I used the ecovery DVD to install windows,but it installed with no questions on the smaller hard drive,giving me no option to save my files(i wanted to install vista on the larger hdd in order to recover the files).

Now,i deconnected the smaller HDD,installed vista using the recovery DVD on the larger one,but when I connect the first HDD(80 GB one)it doesn't load anything.The BIOS boot order config is like this:
1'st boot dev: DVD-ROM
2'nd boot dev:Floppy Disk
3'rd boot dev:HDD0.

The problem is that the system takes my HDD0 hard drive the 120GB one only if it is the only one connected,otherwise it searches for an OS on the 80 GB one wich I wanna recover data from.
Can somebody help me?

I cannot modify the boot config because my BIOS is screwed up,it asks for a pass,i enter the right password but i can't modify anything.
Please help :(

Edited by bogdan_5844, 29 June 2007 - 04:56 PM.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!