• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Blake Pender

Blake Pender

Microsoft IT Professional

• 363 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 08:36 PM

Heya Guys,
People have had problems installing the Wi-fi connector as it 'doesn't work' But it has worked for me!
This is how I just did it:
1) Download the latest Drivers for the stick found here: 1.02 drivers http://ms.nintendo-europe.com/usb/en/
1.04 drivers: http://rapidshare.co....04_Drivers.rar<- .rar format http://rapidshare.co....04_Drivers.zip <- .zip format Remember: The files are the same, just in different formats
2) Plug in the stick
3) Vista will ask if you want to install it. Make sure you look on the internet
4) While it is looking for drivers, extract the XP drivers
5) It will ask you for the disc, say 'I don't have the disc, let me choose other options'
6) Then it will show the same options as before in 3). Click Let me choose where the drivers are (or something like that)
7) then Where you extracted the files, make Vista look there (the whole folder)
8) Then the drivers will be installed.
9) Go to the Files you have extracted go to NintendoWFCReg and find setup, right click and run as admin. Do this twice, once when it says welcome to Nintendo etc. Press ok, then click on the installation again and select language (English of course)
10) you may need to do it the third time for run as admin if the main installation does not come up
11) It will then do the normal installation, when completed, open your DS or turn on Wii, and try. It should work as I have already tried this

Hope the advice I have given has helped

Blake Pender

P.S Please continue to comment if there are any problems

Edited by Blake Pender, 09 July 2007 - 04:22 PM.

#2 Orangefox

Orangefox

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 09:53 PM

Thanks for you help, Blake. I've managed to install the drivers using the first 8 steps but I haven't been able to install the Registration Tool (in order to grant access to Wii etc.).

In step 9, what exactly do you mean by the "installation program of the wifi stick"? If it's the normal installer file then unfortunately it's not working for me.

*in case this comment causes any confusion, step 9 has been altered*

Edited by Orangefox, 09 July 2007 - 04:49 PM.

#3 cmkumar2k

cmkumar2k

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 5,084 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 04:14 AM

thankU.. useful info

#4 Blake Pender

Blake Pender

• 363 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 03:53 PM

Thanks for you help, Blake. I've managed to install the drivers using the first 8 steps but I haven't been able to install the Registration Tool (in order to grant access to Wii etc.).

In step 9, what exactly do you mean by the "installation program of the wifi stick"? If it's the normal installer file then unfortunately it's not working for me.

Edited above :) reading you comment further and... how weird. Try again and tell me what happens. I have now put the 1.04 drivers to see if there is any difference, continue to do the same instructions, but with the 1.04 drivers

Edited by Blake Pender, 09 July 2007 - 04:17 PM.

#5 Orangefox

Orangefox

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 04:33 PM

I ran the installer in compatibility for XP and tried again and this time i managed to install the registration tool and get as far as the connection test at which point the registration tool crashes.

The whole thing may have become a bit of a mess though because I have succeeded in installing the drivers and the registration tool on separate days, in between which my PC has been shut down.

I'm pretty sure I'm using the 1.04 drivers - I can't 100% remember because it's been quite a while since I last used them. I'll look into that.

#6 Orangefox

Orangefox

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 05:00 PM

I've uninstalled the registration tool and drivers, downloaded 1.04 drivers from your link and successfully completed the first 8 steps as before. Attempting to run the setup exe in NintendoWFCReg as admin still only results in the incompatible OS error message.

This is the point I ran the setup file in compatibilty for XP before but I'm not gonna try that yet in case you have any more advice - I've pretty much reached the limit of my know-how.

#7 Blake Pender

Blake Pender

• 363 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 05:46 PM

I've uninstalled the registration tool and drivers, downloaded 1.04 drivers from your link and successfully completed the first 8 steps as before. Attempting to run the setup exe in NintendoWFCReg as admin still only results in the incompatible OS error message.

This is the point I ran the setup file in compatibilty for XP before but I'm not gonna try that yet in case you have any more advice - I've pretty much reached the limit of my know-how.

It should work if you run as admin but do the compatibility for XP, it will crash as it hasn't fully reconised it, but second time it will be fine! Any more probs please comment

#8 Blake Pender

Blake Pender

• 363 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 09:25 AM

Any more comments would be grateful.... it seems quiet here lol

#9 crystals

crystals

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 03:34 PM

I downloaded the 1.04 file and managed to dodge the incompatible message but the installation now faults when it reaches "setting up internet sharing connection" and I get the message "you are not connected to the internet", which I have been every time I try to install it. I clicked retry when that message came up but it tells me "application error" and closes the program.

I've searched around for awhile with people with similar problems but no one has replied to them, giving them no answers as of yet.

I have a broadband connection so I do not understand why I get the error. Is there a solution?
Help largely appreciated :)

#10 Blake Pender

Blake Pender

• 363 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 04:22 PM

Uninstall the 1.04 and try again, or go deeper and find the 1.02 drivers
if still not works, tell me and I will look into it

#11 crystals

crystals

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 12:41 PM

that was a surprise, the 1.02 drivers worked!
The setup was complete. However, now I've come across another problem.

The registration tool seems to work, but when I use my DS it only recognises the access point but when it's testing the connection it fails and I get the message that is was unable to connect. I looked up the error code 52103, which was about firewalls blocking out the usb connector.

I am using the McAfee Security Center and turned the personal firewall off (with a lot of resistance) but I got the same error code on my DS. Is there any way of getting past this?

#12 Blake Pender

Blake Pender

• 363 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 03:35 PM

Firewalls are a problem these days lol
Keep the firewall on and make sure that the Wi-fi USB Reg is allowed on both McAfee and Windows Firewall
Then it should work. if not, pass me another message and I will find a solution

P.S Yay, I'm now an WinMatrixian lol

Edited by Blake Pender, 01 August 2007 - 05:19 PM.

#13 crystals

crystals

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 01:54 PM

I've tried to find some sort of option that allows the usb connector to work but I can't. There doesn't appear to be an exception list or anything similar. There is one on the Windows firewall but McAfee automatically turns it off when it runs.

Any ideas?

P.S. I've been busy over the last couple of days, that's why I haven't posted in a while. Well, now I'm dedicated to getting this problem fixed... if there is one... :unsure:

#14 Blake Pender

Blake Pender

• 363 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 03:27 PM

The only solution is looking on the Official Ninetndo Site which deals with all the Wi-fi stuff to answer your query.
My solution: Re-install, I had to do it, and then it worked
Any more problems, pass me a message
Regards,

#15 crystals

crystals

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 12:41 AM

this is hopeless, and I'm getting tired and annoyed of this cursed usb connector.
I tried to reinstall the program, but now I'm back at stage one where the setup messes up when it reaches the Internet Sharing Connection part, using the 1.02 drivers...

So basically I'm going round in circles and I'm at breaking point with the whole thing, not only £30 wasted away but almost 2 weeks worth of trying to fix the problem.

My theory is that Vista's too powerful B) and I give blame to Nintendo (xp users have had a lot worse concerning the usb connector) and partly my firewall for doing everything except allowing the thing I wanted most.

I'll guess I'll have to wait for an update for the usb or something...

Suppose you don't have any more ideas, do you?
I'll need a miracle to get this up and running, lol

#16 Blake Pender

Blake Pender

• 363 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 09:16 PM

No more ideas, sorry
I think it's just pure luck for me, some people have as well, some people have not
I would say keep trying but I bet ur fed up now
http://en.wikipedia....i_USB_Connector This is the site with all the problems talked about it.
Only one solution...
Go onto http://www.nintendow...SupportHome.jsp
This could be the last resort and may have the answer (except they don't talk about Vista lol)
Sorry it didn't work for u, but like I said, It seems to be pure luck

But one thing...
Which version of Windows Vista r u using?
This could be the problem as I did it on Ultimate
Regards,

EDIT: Hope everyone still looks at this topic, it does work but things do get in the way

Edited by Blake Pender, 09 August 2007 - 12:52 PM.

#17 I da man!

I da man!

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 04:31 AM

I have got a real big problem (I think). When I try to install the registration tool, it says 'Please insert Wi Fi USB connector. After it is connected please wait a moment.' I wait for hours but nothing happens at all. It just sits there quoting the same dum thing. What do I do now?

P.S:I use Windows XP SP2 :( :no: :cry:

#18 Blake Pender

Blake Pender

• 363 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 12:44 PM

Try installing the latest drivers.

First, Uninstall the old drivers, then restart the computer.

After that, re-install the NEW drivers

Regards,

Blake

#19 I da man!

I da man!

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 02:34 AM

Try installing the latest drivers.

First, Uninstall the old drivers, then restart the computer.

After that, re-install the NEW drivers

Regards,

Blake

I am using the latest drivers which is V1.06.

Don't bother answering if I'm giving you any trouble.
Wait...i think I have a picture of my link usb:
Posted Image
and
Posted Image

Do you use the same?
And I did not get the Wi-Fi Link software.
I got Zydas.....

Edited by I da man!, 17 August 2008 - 02:40 AM.

#20 I da man!

I da man!

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 03:19 AM

Mfufufufufufu(funny way to say Hmmm)...I want to say that i have checked the nintendo site and it shows that on the task bar or platter or whatever there was a picture of the wifi connection like thisPosted Image
and it says to click on it.

Edited by I da man!, 17 August 2008 - 04:05 AM.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!