11 replies to this topic

#1 piyushhhhh

piyushhhhh

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 08:09 PM

Hello
Anybody knows how to paly condition zero on a workgroup. Iam having a wireless router at my home and would like to play with my room mates who are also using the same internet. I do not want to go on steam and play online. Is there any way to play with my roomies without steam.
Or in simple language, just by connecting my PC with my friends one using a cable or sth, can I play against him or as a team.
I appreciate if anybody could help me out.
To be very frank, I would like to know step by step procedure.

#2 Merforga

Merforga

Iron Man = Fe Male?

• 1,090 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 09:33 PM

Hello
Anybody knows how to paly condition zero on a workgroup. Iam having a wireless router at my home and would like to play with my room mates who are also using the same internet. I do not want to go on steam and play online. Is there any way to play with my roomies without steam.
Or in simple language, just by connecting my PC with my friends one using a cable or sth, can I play against him or as a team.
I appreciate if anybody could help me out.
To be very frank, I would like to know step by step procedure.

I'm not exactly sure, but a few of my friends online (they live overseas) have LAN parties and use portable versions of CS. Whether or not that's legal, I don't know, but try Googling it ;)

#3 Jatin

Jatin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,862 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 12:43 AM

Create the game and tell your friends to join the game by typing "connect 192.168.0.1" (your ip address) in the console.

#4 johnnyboy41987

johnnyboy41987

Xecute

• 260 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 02:57 AM

Don't know about it .. but i use hamchi to play it online

#5 Hemmer

Hemmer

The fire's on but nobodys home...

• 336 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 04:16 PM

if you are all on the same router, then you should be able to host and join each others LAN games. works for me anyway.

#6 pokkai

pokkai

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 12:52 AM

if you are all on the same router, then you should be able to host and join each others LAN games. works for me anyway.

It should work. My school has cz on lan. lmao

#7 piyushhhhh

piyushhhhh

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 04:46 AM

I appreciate all ur answers, and I do believe that its possible to play on LAN.But my question is HOW? I have tried enough?

Create the game and tell your friends to join the game by typing "connect 192.168.0.1" (your ip address) in the console.

It seems ur solution is quite logical..but as I said, I need step by step procedure..I hop u cld help me out

It should work. My school has cz on lan. lmao

I think u r the experienced one who could really help me out...Could u tell me step by step procedure for the setup

#8 WhistAler

WhistAler

WhistA

• 1,866 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 05:40 PM

I don't play Condition Zero but after going through the above comments I've come to know that.

First of all you have to know IP address. Take "192.168.0.1" as an example.
Then create a server or LAN game.
Then type this in Counter Strike's console window on your friend's PC: connect 192.168.0.1

#9 mail2sanju

mail2sanju

My First Post!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 11:24 AM

Hi there, if you want a step by step solution to play CS over LAN, go at this link http://cmsweblabs.co...dition-zero-lan
it may help you

#10 Syzygy

Syzygy

Zing.

• 3,470 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 11:40 AM

Hi there, if you want a step by step solution to play CS over LAN, go at this link http://cmsweblabs.co...dition-zero-lan
it may help you

This thread is 2 years old.

He would have learnt how to play Counter Strike Source on lan by now.

#11 Abhi

Abhi

Geek...

• 1,113 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 11:47 AM

it may help you

Nice way to introduce yourself @WinMatrix, digging a 19-month old topic... :D
Anyways, you wanted to help, that's what matters here...Welcome to WinMatrix.

#12 henrydtv

henrydtv

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,111 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 11:51 AM

it may help you

Nice way to introduce yourself @WinMatrix, digging a 19-month old topic... :D
Anyways, you wanted to help, that's what matters here...Welcome to WinMatrix.

LOL

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!