Photo
- - - - -

Vista vs. XP in Performace Test

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#41 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 03:31 AM

I'm enjoying my system running Windows Vista--I just feel the OS has a bad rap because so many people read foul and just jump on the bandwagon.

Looks like its just you and me then. :ph34r:

I might join you guys again if XP keeps acting weird. I still can't seem to find the problem for the sudden freezings.

Yeah, I saw your post. You positive you can't do a restore?

When I tried it said I couldn't restore to that point. Now, after I restart, all my system restore points are gone. This is freaking weird.

#42 kaironxp

kaironxp

black cat sexy girl

• 468 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 03:57 AM

Today Ive installed Windows Vista again on my computer. Actually I have:

Athlon 64 3200+ @2.4ghz
2gb of memory ram
NX6600
Sata I 120gb

The result is the same, I REALLY HATE WINDOWS VISTA!!! :angry: I dont like the new GUI, I dont like star menu, I dont like Aero, oh my god ....... and its performance, I dont need to said nothing more.

Ok, just i want to show you the truth but if you don't want to see it that's your problem. Use Vista if you like it but I really Hate It :P

bye

Edited by kaironxp, 30 May 2007 - 03:59 AM.

#43 Mike1287

Mike1287

WinMatrixian

• 55 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 05:58 PM

I'm speaking from experience! I don't go by word of mouth. By the way, after reading a few things, Vista isn't that bad, but it's still not great . It's the 3rd party support of drivers making it worse. Vista is running off of Beta Drivers still. Nothing to me has a great status of GM yet. I'm sure and hope, by SP1 we will see impressive drivers and a more stable Vista.

I agree with you there.

For example, my Creative Audigy 2 card barely functions with the drivers available...it's pathetic. When I listen to music or play games, the sound stutters every minute or so, causing my CPU usage to spike up to 100% and then back down. Needless to say, this has put a damper on my gaming and music listening. I think it IS important to note though that drivers are not Microsoft's fault, but the responsibility of the hardware vendor.

Needless to say I'm optimistic for SP1 and better driver development, and in turn more stability within the OS and applications.

Kaironxp, as for your latest response, I've got a similar computer to your specs and my performance is excellent. Not only that, but your opinion of AERO does not mean the Operating System is at fault. What does that say about your claims?

I guess Vista isn't for everyone--at least you gave it another try.

Cheers mate!

Edited by Mike1287, 30 May 2007 - 06:01 PM.

#44 yanike

yanike

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 06:39 PM

I'm speaking from experience! I don't go by word of mouth. By the way, after reading a few things, Vista isn't that bad, but it's still not great . It's the 3rd party support of drivers making it worse. Vista is running off of Beta Drivers still. Nothing to me has a great status of GM yet. I'm sure and hope, by SP1 we will see impressive drivers and a more stable Vista.

I agree with you there.

For example, my Creative Audigy 2 card barely functions with the drivers available...it's pathetic. When I listen to music or play games, the sound stutters every minute or so, causing my CPU usage to spike up to 100% and then back down. Needless to say, this has put a damper on my gaming and music listening. I think it IS important to note though that drivers are not Microsoft's fault, but the responsibility of the hardware vendor.

Needless to say I'm optimistic for SP1 and better driver development, and in turn more stability within the OS and applications.

Kaironxp, as for your latest response, I've got a similar computer to your specs and my performance is excellent. Not only that, but your opinion of AERO does not mean the Operating System is at fault. What does that say about your claims?

Cheers mate!

I love Aero :) Kaironxp still has a strong point though.

Mike,
I have Creative's Audigy 2 and the sound never stuttered when I used Vista. Make sure you've installed the latest drivers from creative.com and in your sound properties, move the sound up to 24 bit. That will give you a louder volume with better quality B)

It won't sound like XP's but it'll do for now.

#45 kaironxp

kaironxp

black cat sexy girl

• 468 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 03:00 AM

I agree with you there.

Cheers mate!

AERO is one of the reason because i hate Vista, but not all :D

#46 Dr. Doom

Dr. Doom

Active WinMatrixian

• 529 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 08:10 PM

XP better than Vista???
This is ridiculous!!!
What is wrong with you people or should I say morons?

GET REAL !

#47 kaironxp

kaironxp

black cat sexy girl

• 468 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 08:14 PM

XP better than Vista???
This is ridiculous!!!

GET REAL !

You get real MORON!!!

Many people around the world is benchmarking XP with Vista, and "for now" XP is the winner

bye

#48 yanike

yanike

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 08:39 PM

XP better than Vista???
This is ridiculous!!!

GET REAL !

Vista is made better than XP, but doesn't have the speed stability of it yet. I'm using Vista again full time and don't plan on going back to XP anymore. Vista has surprised me so far. I'm still awaiting SP1 and hoping to see more improvements from Microsoft, NVIDIA and Creative.

Please don't start name calling...

Let's end that here.

If you want Vista, I say go ahead and get it.

Just keep in mind that it's still running of Beta Drivers. Not all the companies have made GM drivers for it yet. So, check your manufacturer's site before upgrading.

#49 _deXter_

_deXter_

The Lord of the Scripts

• 306 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 04:57 AM

XP better than Vista???
This is ridiculous!!!

GET REAL !

You get real MORON!!!

Many people around the world is benchmarking XP with Vista, and "for now" XP is the winner

bye

Windows ME gives a better performance than XP so ME is the winner :P

#50 yanike

yanike

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 05:04 AM

XP better than Vista???
This is ridiculous!!!

GET REAL !

You get real MORON!!!

bye

OK. WTF are you talking about? ME... Better performance than XP....? Are you serious?...

#51 _deXter_

_deXter_

The Lord of the Scripts

• 306 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 05:08 AM

XP better than Vista???
This is ridiculous!!!

GET REAL !

You get real MORON!!!

bye

OK. WTF are you talking about? ME... Better performance than XP....? Are you serious?...

Yeah, I remember when I had ME installed, games used to be faster by atleast 15 FPS. For a long time I had ME on dual boot just to play games... Also, I had much more free memory in ME than even a fully tweaked XP..

Edited by _deXter_, 04 June 2007 - 05:08 AM.

#52 kaironxp

kaironxp

black cat sexy girl

• 468 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 03:02 PM

XP better than Vista???
This is ridiculous!!!

GET REAL !

You get real MORON!!!

bye

keep quiet! dexter you dont know what are you talking :whistle:

#53 _deXter_

_deXter_

The Lord of the Scripts

• 306 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 04:40 PM

XP better than Vista???
This is ridiculous!!!

GET REAL !

You get real MORON!!!

bye

keep quiet! dexter you dont know what are you talking :whistle:

No, I do know what I'm talking about. Please (re)read the original article that you yourself posted at the starting of this thread.

#54 coathanger007

coathanger007

New WinMatrixian

• 45 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 01:03 PM

We wanted to see how well games performed in Windows Vista compared to Windows XP. We tested four video cards, ranging from the high-end GeForce 8800 GTX down to the mainstream Radeon X1650 Pro, to see how Nvidia's and ATI's Vista drivers compared to their XP counterparts. We also compared the operating systems using different amounts of system memory because we wanted to see if Vista's increased memory usage hindered game performance. Note that we're only examining DX9 game performance in this feature, and we're in the process of testing OpenGL games for a future update. Visit CNET's complete guide to Windows Vista or our Windows Vista Hands-On preview for an overview of the new operating system...

http://au.gamespot.c...4940/index.html

#55 henrydtv

henrydtv

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,111 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 04:22 AM

Vista was made to run on newer PC's.

You didn't post any specs for yours.

But I think you're right.

I bought a video card so I could run Aero.

After I got over the GUI with Vista, the thing that made me say WOW was, WOW! this OS sucks.

Anyone remember Windows Millennium Edition?

XP stays on my hard drive at least until they release a service pack for Vista. (Probably longer.)

It looks nice, though. So just mod your GUI.

lol

#56 InlineSkate

InlineSkate

WinMatrix Addict

• 3,182 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 06:49 AM

God damn bumpers

Edited by InlineSkate, 01 January 2009 - 06:50 AM.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!