Photo
- - - - -

Windows Vista vs. Mac OS X Leopard

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Poll: Another Windows vs. Mac poll (49 member(s) have cast votes)

Windows Vista vs. Mac OS X Leopard

1. Windows Vista (22 votes [52.38%])

Percentage of vote: 52.38%

2. Mac OS X Leopard (20 votes [47.62%])

Percentage of vote: 47.62%

Vote Please sign in to vote.

#21 sparow311

sparow311

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 04:34 PM

MAC OSX is better :D Windows Vista is only for dummies who don't know what a computer is :devil:

vista is not good this time, but it will be. Windows always is more secure than any mac os, more softwares, more games,..........

mac is also good indeed but vista too.

How in the WORLD could you say that windows is more SECURE....... There has never been a osx virus epidemic and when we talk about stability OSX will always win. My powerbook is built to last and will never crash because of some stupid trojan that the hackers can't even figure out how to make. Not only that It used to be more expensive to own a mac but now Vista wants to charge people up the !@#$% just to have a nice looking desktop. This is just for the operating system. Which by the way most of us wouldn't even be on this forum if we could afford vista or the computers that it's compatible with. No one would go through the trouble if any of this stuff was affordable. Don't get me wrong I like windows but there's just to many things that Mac had already beaten windows to a pulp with that makes your comment not make any sense.
Sorry for flaming up the place but as a Nerd I take this stuff seriously.

#22 rahuljin

rahuljin

Active WinMatrixian

• 664 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 08:58 PM

MAC OSX is better :D Windows Vista is only for dummies who don't know what a computer is :devil:

vista is not good this time, but it will be. Windows always is more secure than any mac os, more softwares, more games,..........

How in the WORLD could you say that windows is more SECURE....... There has never been a osx virus epidemic and when we talk about stability OSX will always win. My powerbook is built to last and will never crash because of some stupid trojan that the hackers can't even figure out how to make. Not only that It used to be more expensive to own a mac but now Vista wants to charge people up the !@#$% just to have a nice looking desktop. This is just for the operating system. Which by the way most of us wouldn't even be on this forum if we could afford vista or the computers that it's compatible with. No one would go through the trouble if any of this stuff was affordable. Don't get me wrong I like windows but there's just to many things that Mac had already beaten windows to a pulp with that makes your comment not make any sense.

U said is almost correct, my friend !!!

but u have heard about an article about a contest where a hacker crack the osx in a very little time. According to him, it is a way easier for a osx than a windows.

for the virus, mac are very expensive so most of comp users are pc users.

Windows has more softwares, more games, and lots of stuffs than mac osx (please correct me if i am wrong).
(osx has its features and good looks too, i appreciate it)

Every os has it plus and minus..........
U can not tell which os is good or not.
For example, linux is also a very good.........many users, here, use it too.

Many of us use vista and xp too and we love this forum too.
and paying for a good software is not bad.

(Sorry if i am rude)

Edited by rahuljin, 24 May 2007 - 09:14 PM.

#23 angellicktrooper

angellicktrooper

The Angellick Trooper (battle programmer)

• 35 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 06:47 AM

linux is the best :D

#24 Bogdan

Bogdan

LA all day!

• 180 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 06:57 AM

I'm glad to see Vista winning so far.

#25 winmatrix2007

winmatrix2007

im ready to rock

• 579 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 10:59 AM

I chose Leapord on a count i have to use it everyday school when it comes out

#26 sparow311

sparow311

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 03:33 PM

but u have heard about an article about a contest where a hacker crack the osx in a very little time. According to him, it is a way easier for a osx than a windows.

Windows has more softwares, more games, and lots of stuffs than mac osx (please correct me if i am wrong).

(Sorry if i am rude)

No Man your not being rude. But I will correct you. ( Also trying not to be rude ) It was not a contest it was an actual experiment within a study to see if it indeed could be done. A virus was also tested and worked. But these were conducted by developer of OS systems. these are experienced certified ...PAYED... individuals who were making a point. Could it be done? Absolutly!! But what I'm saying is your regular 17 to 35 year old homebrew hacker could never figure that out. As for games.... If they made them for mac they would absolutly run better. Infact I have plenty of games, some even from rockstar that are for mac and all you have to do is go look in the store. Second lets say your a musician like I am and you want to do some home recording. Most Windows OS are so unstable at points that you cannot run things like Protools and professional editing software because it would crash in an instant. I LOVE WINDOWS TOO PLEASE UNDERSTAND.....BUT Macs will always be more reliable. I have both, I have my PC desktop and I have to Mac laptops and no matter what even my old 1998 Ibook is more reliable that my PC. I also have a G4 Powerbook and theres no question on that one. I respect both the windows and mac systems but mark my words. PC will become more expensive now because of vista. And they will finally be running neck and nect with Mac for fancy looking crap. And thats all it really is Fancy looking. XP is less bloated than vista and less expensive thats why people go around making all these skins to emulate the LOOK!! I can't afford vista not run it on my pc there for I win customize my XP to look and act exactly how Vista would without shell about 3 trillion dollars.

Anyway Sorry if I was rude as well.

#27 rahuljin

rahuljin

Active WinMatrixian

• 664 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 04:14 PM

u are right at ur place so am i, my good friend !!!
this talk will never be going to end..............so no one can convince other.
it is pleasure to talk to u !!

#28 rbs250

rbs250

Black is The New White

• 89 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 04:35 PM

Leopord because of the hardware! but I love the vista look... =/

#29 thoosje

thoosje

Lolz Wooot!! 5 Stars

• 574 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 08:04 PM

...... oooookey

Mac is very good because of its hardware. The hardware is build for there oparating system.
why the hell u think mac os only runs on there computers and not pc's cuzz they would be the same of as windows.
mac computers are way to expensive normal pc users thats why only 5- 10 % of all the computers uses a mac its gething more and more users though.
not much hackers would waste there time creating a virus for it because of it.

Windows is very user friendly and works on cheap pc's but has to suport all kinds of hardware because in a pc u can trow what ever u want . and then the big driver problem comes around. an operating system in nothing more then sumthing that controls ure hardware and without good drivers to suport all that hardware it sucks. Most viruses like trojans and stuff are not just created to mess up ure computer most are made to steal sum money and store credit card numbers whatever since every one uses windows tons of viruses adware spyware wil be created for it.

Linux Creat operating system free stable fast and Safe
only i think its more for office computers. because linux is not that user friendly
Installing things could be tons of trouble if ure a computer noob that has a computer for home entertainment.
and driver problems aswel because linux does not has much users either so most companies dont wanne make drivers for linux wich is quite a shame. And there are to many linux distro's lol ill stick with ubuntu

I didnt realy wanted to vote yet because i havent seen or used leopard yet.
i cant judge a book by its cover lol

#30 sparow311

sparow311

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 04:35 PM

(Sorry if i am rude)

No Man your not being rude. But I will correct you. ( Also trying not to be rude ) It was not a contest it was an actual experiment within a study to see if it indeed could be done. A virus was also tested and worked. But these were conducted by developer of OS systems. these are experienced certified ...PAYED... individuals who were making a point. Could it be done? Absolutly!! But what I'm saying is your regular 17 to 35 year old homebrew hacker could never figure that out. As for games.... If they made them for mac they would absolutly run better. Infact I have plenty of games, some even from rockstar that are for mac and all you have to do is go look in the store. Second lets say your a musician like I am and you want to do some home recording. Most Windows OS are so unstable at points that you cannot run things like Protools and professional editing software because it would crash in an instant. I LOVE WINDOWS TOO PLEASE UNDERSTAND.....BUT Macs will always be more reliable. I have both, I have my PC desktop and I have to Mac laptops and no matter what even my old 1998 Ibook is more reliable that my PC. I also have a G4 Powerbook and theres no question on that one. I respect both the windows and mac systems but mark my words. PC will become more expensive now because of vista. And they will finally be running neck and nect with Mac for fancy looking crap. And thats all it really is Fancy looking. XP is less bloated than vista and less expensive thats why people go around making all these skins to emulate the LOOK!! I can't afford vista not run it on my pc there for I win customize my XP to look and act exactly how Vista would without shell about 3 trillion dollars.

Anyway Sorry if I was rude as well.

You too my friend it's good to meet people with brains on this site.
B)

...... oooookey

Mac is very good because of its hardware. The hardware is build for there oparating system.
why the hell u think mac os only runs on there computers and not pc's cuzz they would be the same of as windows.
mac computers are way to expensive normal pc users thats why only 5- 10 % of all the computers uses a mac its gething more and more users though.

Windows is very user friendly and works on cheap pc's but has to suport all kinds of hardware because in a pc u can trow what ever u want . and then the big driver problem comes around. an operating system in nothing more then sumthing that controls ure hardware and without good drivers to suport all that hardware it sucks. Most viruses like trojans and stuff are not just created to mess up ure computer most are made to steal sum money and store credit card numbers whatever since every one uses windows tons of viruses adware spyware wil be created for it.

only i think its more for office computers. because linux is not that user friendly
Installing things could be tons of trouble if ure a computer noob that has a computer for home entertainment.
and driver problems aswel because linux does not has much users either so most companies dont wanne make drivers for linux wich is quite a shame. And there are to many linux distro's lol ill stick with ubuntu

You have to look up OSX86 or X86, someone hacked the OSX tiger for it to run on Windows PC pentium 4 and higher. When asked the Dev said that it actualy runs better on a PC because of the Intel chip and little use of resources. SOOOOO..... If you really want to get down to the griddy you can buy a $300 pentium 4 get the 86 version of tiger and you'll be running a more efficiant and less vulnerable OS. Sorry but ****BAM****

#31 sparow311

sparow311

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 06:55 PM

...... oooookey

You have to look up OSX86 or X86, someone hacked the OSX tiger for it to run on Windows PC pentium 4 and higher. When asked the Dev said that it actualy runs better on a PC because of the Intel chip and little use of resources. SOOOOO..... If you really want to get down to the griddy you can buy a $300 pentium 4 get the 86 version of tiger and you'll be running a more efficiant and less vulnerable OS. Sorry but ****BAM****

#32 Guyver01

Guyver01

WinMatrixian

• 52 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 11:36 AM

...... oooookey

You realy got a point, i alredy used osx86 and have very nice drivers for pc hardware, Linux is too complex about instaling programs, and the versions "FFS", from 6 to 6 months there are a new build! this is not bad, the bad is that you cant update ex: from 6 to 7 with updater you need to format and reinstall version 7 (sometimes the new version are more bugger), finally the windows they are the most used os in the earth and in space who knows :D , are very friendly user, very compatible and after some years are very solid (think about xp very troublesome at the begining now is a excelent plataform for gamers, and media freaks, my thing :D ), yeh yeh i know about the hackers and stuff but that happens more to windows because the usage percentage, if mac os trade place with windows then the mac os x going to be the next to get hacked at global scale.

Edited by Guyver01, 15 July 2007 - 11:38 AM.

#33 Dr. Doom

Dr. Doom

Active WinMatrixian

• 529 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 06:36 AM

1. If everything on a Mac just works, then why does a website called "Mac fix it" exist, assholes?

-Login window stuck!
-lower caSe "S" key not working!!
-Menu bar keeps flashing
-I can't drag and drop!

Waaaah, boo hoo! I can't drag and drop! Dumbass. Looks like your Macs aren't perfect after all, which leads me to my second point:

Posted Image

Special thanks to:
http://maddox.xmission.com/

#34 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 09:50 AM

1. If everything on a Mac just works, then why does a website called "Mac fix it" exist, a**holes?

-Login window stuck!
-lower caSe "S" key not working!!
-Menu bar keeps flashing
-I can't drag and drop!

Waaaah, boo hoo! I can't drag and drop! Dumb***. Looks like your Macs aren't perfect after all, which leads me to my second point:

Special thanks to:
http://maddox.xmission.com/

Even though this site is dedicated to PC users that hate Apple, it's pretty funny. Still I have to call bulls*** on it (Except for the iPhone part that's all true). It's hard to call Macs f*** up machines when I have a friend who has owned one for years and hasn't had a problem yet, when my PC goes through countless problems. It's true Windows has more software, but in time, Linux and Mac will get softwares. Windows is owning both right now, but in the future, I see Windows sitting on the sidelines. Vista is promising but requires state-of-the-art hardware to run correctly (which if you did have it, it's probably still not supported by Vista), which not that many people have.

Bottomline, just pick what you like.

I'm off to test Longhorn.

Edited by yanike, 17 July 2007 - 09:58 AM.

#35 ViViDboarder

ViViDboarder

WinMatrixian

• 115 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 02:37 PM

Time Machine vs. System Restore
iPhoto vs. Windows Photo Gallery
iChat vs. Windows Live Messenger
Spaces vs. Flip 3D
Dashboard vs. Windows Sidebar
Spotlight vs. Search
iCal vs. Windows Calendar

What do you prefer?

Time Machine and System Restore do about the same. Except TM can be used to get only specific files and looks cooler.

Point OSX

Iphoto runs much smoother than Photo Gallery and integrates better with the rest of the bundled multimedia software

Point OSX

iChat lets you use AIM. Many more people on AIM than Windows Messenger. Plus Leopard has presentation stuff built into the new iChat where you can show slideshows, photos, movies our your live computer capture.

Point OSX

I think Spaces is completely different than Flip3D so I'll compare Expose, which I think is what the author meant. Expose lets you see all the windows at the same time and lets you manuver through the windows more quickly by selecting the window you want right away without having to scroll.

Point OSX

Why do I need to see all my widgets all the time crowding my desktop?

Point OSX

Spotlight and search are basically the same, but the spotlight from finder runs much better than the windows search from explorer in my opinion. It lets you narrow down many files very quickly. Also, with leopard you can do this with coverflow to look at any file. PDF, JPG, AVI, DOC, XLS just to name a few! And by look, I mean see the document in real time and view it fullscreen as you're filtering.

Point OSX

iCal was there first and I think runs a little smoother and definately has better integration with the rest of the software suite.

Point OSX

I am currently using Tiger on my laptop and have used Vista on my desktop before I went back to XP. I know what I'm talking about and think Vista is amazing... But lets get serious here. Stop knocking software just because you're a fanboy.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!