• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 Skiptomaloo

Skiptomaloo

My First Post!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 04:21 AM

For the windows 7 64 bit users with problems. Simple really.

When you take ownership of the System32 files, remember that SysWOW64
is where 32 bit binaries are kept, so when it is prompting an error
for /system32/blah file it is actually having a problem because of the
syswow64 permissions.

I had the same troubles the other 64 bit users here did,
and this little bit of work, did the job.

Excellent post.

#22 mrnatelantz

mrnatelantz

My First Post!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 11:47 AM

Dude you are AWESOME!!!!!!! This is the coolest most srtess relieving thing ever!

#23 anemmagic

anemmagic

My First Post!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 12:30 AM

finally i can install my wmp11. but when i open it, there is no words in it. and when im trying to play a song. it wont work and said something about 'failed to execute'

how can i resolve this?
i've tried to reinstall it. and there was some problems while the installation progress. i think my windows sharing is not properly stop.

#24 Guest_troubled dude_*

Guest_troubled dude_*

Posted 23 April 2010 - 01:58 AM

i'm taking control of WMP 12 files to downgrade to WMP 11 only when i run the install it give me errors on these files, i have taken ownership of every file there is but i still get the error anyone help please i can't use my media player anymore :(

#25 Guest_Guest77777_*

Guest_Guest77777_*

Posted 29 July 2010 - 11:39 AM

"i dont want to format" :no:

I need bigtime help , my whole OS is destroyed because of this shit...........

I followed the instructions as well in the read me file, but i was also unable to overwrite the files when i ran the intaller.

Now why whole WMP is messed up and wont start nor am i able to re install this shit.

Can someone please tell us how to fix the player again so we dont have to formate the whole HD yet again!

The installer has been run and only some files have been installed or over written so the whole player is corrupt , it sais its not correctly installed and needs to be re installed , even if you disable all services and run the installer completely WMP still bugs out, we need instructions now ASAP so we can correct it, so please help us out, thanks.

#26 Guest_guest again77777_*

Guest_guest again77777_*

Posted 29 July 2010 - 12:08 PM

Now... windows media player center works but not media player it self :

ERROR : The file wmplayer.exe has a version number of 11.0********** where 12.0 **********
was expected.

Windows media player is not installed properly and must be reinstalled.

PS. the files in sys32 is impossible to take over , even if they are taken over or even removed from the folder the installer wont let the files be overwritten. :no:

#27 mpojker

mpojker

My First Post!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 10:36 PM

Hi. I tried to install but it didn't work. I have Windows 7 Ultimate x32 bit. In installation when error appear i give "Ignore" and try to install but now i have damaged WMP and i can't use it. Can someone give me link to WMP for Windows 7 ? But one think... I have illegal system T_T so pls find enchanced copy of WMP. PLS HELP!!

#28 larsson219

larsson219

My First Post!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 06:10 PM

I try to take ownership of a .mui - file and i rightclick and select take ownership but after when i want to change the name it doesn't work :(

#29 xuevana

xuevana

My First Post!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 03:01 AM

Sorry anyone can help me
i already took ownership but it still says can not copy the file in system32/en-us error when install wmp7???

#30 P.McGinley

P.McGinley

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,086 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 04:04 AM

I use GlassOwnership. It works just fine.

#31 jtelander

jtelander

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 04:44 PM

syswow64 permissions.

Excellent post.

I'm not clear on what you are saying here. Exactly what is the extra step or different steps that 64bit users need to follow to downgrate to wmp 11 ?

#32 soad789

soad789

My First Post!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 11:45 PM

Thanks for this! :)

#33 Guest_Atlas_*

Guest_Atlas_*

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:25 PM

Hello.

I recently tried to install Windows Media Player 11 on my new laptop with Windows 7 Home on it. Everything works fine up to the point where I run the installer where it says I cannot install the files to said folder. My problem is, like "Guest_mysticado_*"'s, that my Windows 7 is not English, but Swedish. In my version there is no folder called "Program Files", it's simply called "Program". And the installer wont let me change the installation folder.

I got linked here by the ReadMe file included in the download for the WMP 11 for Windows 7 installer program.

Anyone got any ideas? Please help! I really want to use my Windows the way I want it, not how Microsoft forces me to.

#34 Guest_nacho_*

Guest_nacho_*

Posted 16 February 2011 - 03:59 PM

hola.. me llamo nacho.. tengo una duda respecto al asunto este de los permisos admin. y es la siguiente, yo ya me baje el archivo este 'own'.. ahora lo que no se es en donde tengo que poner el archivo este.. o sea, en que parte del registro tengo que pegar el archivo este 'own' ?
(estoy usando el windows 7 64bit) ... muchas gracias !!

#35 Gena Robertson

Gena Robertson

My First Post!

• 1 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 12:35 PM

syswow64 permissions.

Excellent post.

I'm not clear on what you are saying here. Exactly what is the extra step or different steps that 64bit users need to follow to downgrate to wmp 11 ?

I'm pretty sure he means that when you go into the Windows folder, you need to take ownership of all the files in the syswow64 folder that you did in the system32 folder. They have the exact same names.

#36 Jeske Lange

Jeske Lange

New WinMatrixian

• 2 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 01:50 PM

i don't know anything about computers, but i hated wmp12 so much that i decided to follow the instructions anyway...
but after rebooting my pc, i can't find wmp11 anywhere.
what could it be that i've done wrong?
perhaps it's useful information that the files that i was supposed to take ownership on weren't there when i followed the instructions step by step.

perhaps because i use a cracked windows 7 version?

or perhaps because i did this before turning to this forum:
1. Remove Windows 7 Media Components by going to Control Panel, selecting Programs and Features. Select "Turn on and off Windows Components" and uncheck
"Media features". Press "OK" button.

should i try to install it again?

i'm a little shaky, afraid that i ruined my system and i know no one who could help me fix it, if this were the case.

thanks in advance for any piece of advice!

Jeske

Edited by Jeske Lange, 08 January 2012 - 01:51 PM.

#37 Jeske Lange

Jeske Lange

New WinMatrixian

• 2 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 02:07 PM

phew! i managed to turn 'media features' on again and my WMP12 is working again.
i still miss the old player a lot (wmp10), especially to play a list of songs and being able to edit the songs (title, artist, genre) at the same time, without having to save the list of songs into a playlist first.
oh well. perhaps i'll get used to it and if not i can always switch back to XP... :/

Edited by Jeske Lange, 08 January 2012 - 03:14 PM.

#38 Adrian Ward

Adrian Ward

New WinMatrixian

• 2 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:37 AM

Could anyone help me please?.

My issue is I have just bought a new computer running Widows 7 (64bit). I have a Seagate external hard drive on which all my photographs are stored.

These files were written to this drive (Drive i on my new machine), when I was using my previous lap top.

I want to be able to move my photographs between folders using Windows 7 but when I try and do so I get a File Access Denied error message.

When I click continue, Windows does then allow me to move the file but I want to be able to do it without getting the File Access Denied error message in the first place.

So far I have downloaded and installed own.zip. It seems this bit was successful as I got the message:

Register Editor
The Keys and Values contained in
C:\Users\Adrian Ward \AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_own.zip\own.reg have been successfully added to the registry.

My question is, what do I have to do now to achieve my objective as I still cannot move the files I have on my I drive between folders?

#39 Guest_ttyyuu12345_*

Guest_ttyyuu12345_*

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:12 PM

doesnt have a take ownership button

#40 Guest_Catalin_*

Guest_Catalin_*

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

Hello , I have a problem about some files pictures document that i cannot open them any more after I Have reinstaled the windows , before i had win 7 and now the same 7 but another type , Please can anybody help my with this problem > i tried allready with take control and own programs but useless. Pleas Help.!

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows 8, windows 7