DreamScene Patch (hack) for Vista Home Premium and Business

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
216 replies to this topic

#161 Razorblade

Razorblade

New WinMatrixian

• 29 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 08:23 PM

The file included is still the same preview release.

So I guess you're not talking about my release, which uses the last version.
Sorry, I should have started a new topic when I uploaded my version, because here we are mixing different dreamscenes, and when someone talks about a problem, we all get confused.

However i installed stardock's dreamscaps 2.0 and cpu load was 5%-10.

Too bad it costs 20 bucks, a little high price for the feature i think. Maybe if it was 10, or 5 then i would buy it.

You're right. DeskScapes is too expensive. I'd rather pay 30 bucks for buying Ultimate instead of Home Premium, than paying 20 bucks for just DeskScapes. Okay, it is not the same (dynamic wallpapers and son on...), but it doesn't worth it. I see 10$ more reasonable.

Ultimate John, thank you. I don't know why Rapidhsare doesn't let me upload it anymore. :(

Another_User, if you want I can prepare for you the package with the Ultimate version.

#162 Computer Guru

Computer Guru

My First Post!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 11:47 AM

all of you having access denied messages,you have forgotten to right click InstallDreamScene.bat,choose Run as Administrator and press continue when you get the message about uac.

#163 maka

maka

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 11:56 PM

I was hoping that the new patch with SP1 would help my old problem but it hasn't.

Had the old patch running smoothly for quite a while on my vista home premium, then installed the deskscapes free preview. All of a sudden the Microsoft created videos (waterfall, stream, rain, lava) play fine the first time through then play really fast with a few second pause between every loop. Every other video I have plays fine, but the Ms ones were the main ones I used.

I uninstalled deskscapes, repatched dreamscene, changed codecs, and now installed the new patch and nothing has fixed it. Any hints?

Thanks!

#164 Razorblade

Razorblade

New WinMatrixian

• 29 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 05:18 PM

[..] changed codecs, and now installed the new patch and nothing has fixed it. Any hints?

¿Changed codecs? ¿How have you done that?

It sounds like a codec problem.

#165 maka

maka

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 01:23 AM

[..] changed codecs, and now installed the new patch and nothing has fixed it. Any hints?

¿Changed codecs? ¿How have you done that?

It sounds like a codec problem.

I took out the roxio/sonic stuff that came bundled on vista through dell, took off the codec pack I had installed and installed ffdshow after trying a different codec pack.

I'd think dreamscene should still be using the default Microsoft mpeg-2 codec, and I'm pretty sure that was the one Deskscapes ran off of, but whatever damage the free version of deskscapes did, I've yet to find a way to undo it.

#166 OlliBoss

OlliBoss

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 10:27 PM

Hello,
I have problem installing Dream Scene... when I right click on my desktop I see the dream Scene bottom but when I go to the Desktop background I can’t choose Dream Scene...

I have Vista home premium (Swedish) v., first I tried the normal installation file, but it didn’t work so I tried to install it manual but that didn’t work either. Then I read somewhere that if u have vista with another language u should put the .mui files in your own language folder (in my case: sv-SE not: en-US) so I tried that but it didn’t help.
Then I tried to install the upgrade/patch with the installation file, and still nothing, after that I tried to do it manual, but it won’t work then either.
The thing is that I had this Dream Scene hack on my computer before e reinstalled it, then it worked perfectly, but I think when I installed it, there was no "auto" installation you had to do it manual.
Anyone knows what’s wrong?? please help me :cry:

#167 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 10:44 PM

I just got through writing a new app that does the same thing, although not with the file hack / patch.
in both XP and Vista, it allows you to play movie files on your desktop, as the wallpaper.

let me know if your interested.

#168 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 11:11 PM

http://www.winmatrix...showtopic=18784

#169 rock831983

rock831983

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 11:01 PM

Will this patch work for Intel 915 which doesn't support Aero theme?

Edited by rock831983, 24 June 2008 - 11:01 PM.

#170 Nodachi

Nodachi

My First Post!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 03:05 AM

Does anyone know a fix for this problem ?

Posted Image

Edited by Nodachi, 30 June 2008 - 04:20 AM.

#171 hoosiercub

hoosiercub

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 04:13 PM

i have the same problem as above.. the computer still runs great.. but this little problem pisses me off.. could someone get me the original x64 themecpl files and tell me how to revert? i have Vista Home Premium Sp1 x64

#172 Rafterman

Rafterman

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 05:53 PM

I have both Vista Home Premium and Ultimate. When running Dreamscene on Ultimate there is no sign of what media app(codec) is actually running it wheras on Home Premium the patched version loads the Nvidia Decoder I have installed to run it. Any idea what Ultimate uses to run Dreamscene?

#173 hungoverpuma

hungoverpuma

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 05:36 PM

how do i getthis to work, i did what ya said but it says there was errors because i don't own it, i have no idea how to do that

#174 hungoverpuma

hungoverpuma

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 06:45 PM

YOU ARE AMAZINGMY GOOD MAN, I FINALLY GOT IT TO WORK WITH THE NEWEST FIX, THANK YA, HELLA COOL LIL DEALILY!!!!

#175 Necrophagia

Necrophagia

New WinMatrixian

• 38 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 01:13 PM

Razorblade DreamScene hack working great on Windows Vista Home Premium

#176 hoosiercub

hoosiercub

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 12:32 AM

I'm having the "Page failed to load" issue, would this be fixed if i upgraded to Vista Ultimate x64?

#177 aeroaddict

aeroaddict

New WinMatrixian

• 35 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 11:50 AM

:woot: sweeeet , hav been waitin for this for a long time

now its time to try out some cool dreamscenes from vistahd.org :P

#178 angeloflight

angeloflight

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 07:55 PM

Dreamscene patch for Windows Vista Home Premium and Business edition!

Mod edit:
Here is the patch (Thanks to timbertide)
:download: Download NonUltimateDreamScene.zip and unpack the archive content to a folder.
Right click on InstallDreamScene.bat and select “Run as Administrator” to install Windows DreamScene on your non-Ultimate version of Vista. Answer “Y” to continue. You can also open elevated command prompt with administrator rights and type InstallDreamScene.bat to execute the batch script.
Restart your computer.

If you don't know how to get permission of systrem files in Vista, then using TakeControl can make the process easy. Read the Steps.
You can take help from this Video Tutorial on DreamScene Patch.
After installing this patch, Click Here for some HD videos for DreamScene.

If you are still having problem in installing the patch then please read the comments for the help.

Here is a link in dutch.

Update: Razorblade has released the final DreamScene version for non-Ultimate, English language, and working for both 32 and 64 bits. It better works having SP1 installed (because its themecpl.dll supports DreamScene). It's the same installation method (a batch file), but please read the Readme.txt file first.
:download: Download Here or Here or Here

LOOK I TRY MANY TIMES AND NOTHING HAPPENS, AND I NEED HELP COUSE I GO TO PERSONALIZATION IT APPEAR ''THE PAGE FAILED TO LOAD'' I HAVE WINDOWS VISTA HOME PREMIUM SP1
1. TRY SOME WAY TO DO THIS
2. HELP ME TO RESTORE SO I CAN SEE PERSONALIZATION
THANKS

#179 Liskiller

Liskiller

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 08:14 PM

1. TRY SOME WAY TO DO THIS

Click here or here

2. HELP ME TO RESTORE SO I CAN SEE PERSONALIZATION

Click here

#180 hoosiercub

hoosiercub

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 08:14 PM

Would this 'page failed to load' problem go away if i bought an ultimate upgrade disk?

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!